melbossheart

Guardian
Society
Vikings of Entropia
Arkadias Pimp Your Hoverpod Sat 4th Aug

attachment.php

Arkadias Pimp Your Hoverpod

SAT 4th AUG 2012 21.00 ma time
Ok most of you out there will have seen PIMP MY RIDE ......Arkadia studios in conjunction with Arkadian Advisor's BRINGS you PIMP YOUR HOVERPOD!!!!!

There will be three categories :-

HOVERPOD MK1

HOVERPOD MK2

HOVERPOD MK3

Ok the rules ... the only way to pimp your pod is to give it a fancy paint job or get it textured in some great textures or even both..

There will be a 1st place prize in each category that will win a GOLD trophy as first place winner and a bonus prize of 1 months crew subscription to the normandie mothership ( donated by John Black Knight & titans of space)
There will be a 2nd place prize in each category that will win a SILVER trophy as second place winner.
There will be a 3rd place prize in each category that will win a Bronze trophy as third place winner

There will be a super prize of a apartment at celeste harbour & 1 years platinum membership to the arkadia forum for best Owner and pod in show so if your outfit matches your pod you stand a good chance of winning yourself a great prize in this event ...

this was going to be held along with Mr & Mrs arkadia fashion event but i think they will have to much on with that on sat so will do it the week after at the runway at celeste HQ

just turn up and register on the day :)

Last edited:
Alot is going on, on arkadia. and its nice to see the passion that the developers have for their planet and the community.

Something PP's can learn from. Thumbs up! :dancing:

Yippie!!! Guess I should get my MK3 finished

************event postponed*****************

please be advised that due to unforeseen real life circumstances this event is being postponed until next saturday ( 11th august 2012 @ 21:00ma).

To everyone who intends to enter, and those coming along to support the event ...mel has asked me to pass on his apologies for the late notification, he has been called into work at very short notice, and will be working through the night, so cannot be here to hold the event.

Regards

brownie

Hi Everyone

The Pimp your pod event will go ahead tonight sat 11 th aug at celeste military HQ cat walk on arkadia 21.00 Ma time please be there 30 mins before to be register'd in to your category

Event winners

Thank You to all the participants in this event, all the helpers and those who came to support both the event and their fellow players.....unfortunately we did not have any entrants for the Mk1 class so we had to abandon that round but the following players took part:

Mk2 Class

Dark Zunami Angel
Tomas T79X Hope
Orpheus Wildcuts Kurosawa
Anthony Ranger Morris

Mk3 class

John Black Knight
Alaina Bonnie Scotia
Aerik RuffNTuff Kromwell

We asked each contestant in the Mk2 class to give a vote out of 10 for the contestants in the Mk3 class, and as no one knew in advance how the voting would take place or who was entering this reduced the chances of anyone influencing the voting, as has been a topic for discussion/contention in previous contests. Therefore the entrants in class 3 could earn a total of up to 30 points, based on the overall look of their pod, taking into account any texturing and or painting.

The results were as follows:

in 3rd place with a total of 30/40 points was Aerik
in 2nd place with a total of 33/40 points was Bonnie
and the winner with a total of 34/40 was John Black Knight.

Each won a trophy designed and implemented by Arkadia Studios, based on their respective placing.

Well Done to you all!!!!

Then the Class 3 entrants were asked to do the same for the class 2 entrants....therefore the total amount possible to score would be out of 30.

There was a joint result in this category for 2nd place, and as we had been unable to hold the Mk1 category we decided to have joint 2nd place winners, and the 4th person would then win a bronze trophy for their efforts in participating.

The results were as follows:

in 3rd place with a total of 13/30 was Orpheus
in joint 2nd place with scores of 20/30 were Tomas and Anthony
and in 1st place with a score of 23/30 was Zunami

again they each received a trophy respective to their placing.

NOW ONTO THE MAIN EVENT

We asked ALL 7 competitors to pose with their pod and their outift, and asked each of their fellow contestants to give a score out of 10 for the overall look, ie the pod, the outfit and how it all looked together. They could therefore earn a total of 60 points each.

The results were as follows

in joint 6th place with a total of 26/60 were Tomas and Aerik
in 5th place with a total of 29/60 was Orpheus
in 4th place with a total of 33/60 was John Black Knight
in 3rd place with a total of 46/60 was Zunami
in 2nd place with a total of 48/60 was Bonnie

Which means the overall winner of PIMP My POD 2012 with a score of 49/60 was ANTHONY RANGER MORRIS

We decided to conduct the event in this manner, with each contestant voting for their fellow contestants, as we have seen from previous contests the uproar that happens re friends voting for friends etc...and decided this was the fairest way we could see to do the voting, to ensure as far as possible that it could not be influenced in any way.

We feel that it worked very well, and all the contestants went away with a prize of some sort....welll done to you all, a great effort all round and thanks for taking the time and effort to participate.

A big well done to the winner and hope you enjoy your prize.

Realy nice event, ran super smooth and the trophies are awesome :D

Good job :)

Well done to all the participants, great effort all round :)

Thanks

Thanks for the event, was fun to show off my stealthy pod :)
kudos to the organizers for running a fair and honest contest :)
looking forward to more events on Arkadia in the future
Big grats to all the other winners, everyones pods were awesome really :)

Thanks again for the event! Espeacially scince I couldn'd make it for the original date.
I take bride in the fact that I hunted and crafted the textures myself - I have to skill a bit for my next design^^

Very nice trophy - and initiative. That is the stuff a universe needs aside from the daily grinding!

Bit lucky no character from harry potter movie trilogy can come here and suddenly locked this thread with his black magic power hehe

My two (mk3) hoverpods:

(I just saw this thread, anyhow I'm not much enough on Arkadia to have a reason to complain.)

A "bonuspicture":
ostel2.jpg

View image in gallery

Last edited:
Back