stolen unlimited isis lr32 :"(

a few days ago i (kluckkluck mckluck klucks) was trying to sell my UL lr32 tier 5.2 and had been at it for a few days with many hits but no takers. i came across what seemed to be an interested buyer (ed: name removed). he said he wanted to see how well it worked on longtooth and i bought it. we teamed up went out there and he put one round into a longtooth and logged with my gun. i understand i shouldnt have trusted him but had no reason not to. since, he refuses to private chat/trade/friend request etc. i pretty sure i will never see this gun again but in hope just maybe... offering a 500 PED rewardfor the return of my gun but as i said i dont see that happening.
ps: i AM able to give you the tier rates for 6-10 as well should you happen to see one by chance and compare them.
thanks for your time,
kluck

Last edited by a moderator:
You lend him then gun with no collateral not knowing him?
Just that he can test the gun?

Geez:) I hope something better will come your way...but acting like that can only get you into trouble

I'm really sorry to hear that, but you know, you gotta be careful. It's RL cash game. I had similar experience in different game, it didn't cost me $ but a lot of time. But it was a good lesson, since then I don't trust anyone :)

I should say it was stupid move from you, but now u will know... Never trust ppl, coz money change everythink. Hope carma will pay u back somethink :)

Feel so sorry for you. Try to send a support case maybe. Don't know if support case will help you but worth to. try.
Really hope you can get your lovely gun back

It appears this same avatar was pulling the old 'Heal me in Pvp4 - little do you know I intend to loot you' trick a few players had fallen for, as voiced at Twins last week.

At least he chose honest straightforward name for this ava.

Sorry for your loss, we have to learn our lessons someday...

Very sorry for your loss mate.

Hope someone knows this jackass and can persuade him to give it back.

Seriously, good luck getting your gun back :( lessons learnt the hardway are the most painful!.

Hope Karma brings you some joy.

JaKst3r

Its always sad to hear when these things happen. But even though things might not look to bright atm atleast u posted about it. I would imagine it being tough to sell it if they know how he got it.. lets hope it gets back to you soon. And as someone said there is no harm sending a support case.

If that harper guy is in a soc, try pm the soc leader and ask him to help get this sorted, its worth a try.
GL gett ing gun back.
And please post tier rates here..

He was a Freelancer,

Last tiers of the gun was: (Found em in the sales thread)
6:124
7:78
8:131
9:135
10:153.

If you lent him the gun, and ask for nothing in return and you didn't know him at all.

Then sorry, but you desevre not to get that gun back.

Unfortunately he has taken advantage of your good trusting natural, but in this world we can not afford to trust anyone and this is an example of what happens when you do.

Like everyone else in this thread i also have to say : How could you trust guy with 3globals in his name with that kind of gun?

If you lent him the gun, and ask for nothing in return and you didn't know him at all.

Unfortunately he has taken advantage of your good trusting natural, but in this world we can not afford to trust anyone and this is an example of what happens when you do.

bullshit, yes.. very silly move to make but he does deserve to get his gun back as it's his bloody gun, I doubt he will but i think your comment is bullshit.

Her comment was no BS ...
She's right.
What à stupid moove :) :D

This is not à scam. This is just stupidity abuse, legitimate IMHO :cool:

Yes ppl, blame the guy...

This is why MA barely moves a finger when this kind of sh!t happens. There is an entire network of thieves inside the game.

BTW, the item is on AH right now, put there by therock animalcommander rocky, BU TT+2499, but probably will be retrieved after they'll read this post

Sory to hear that, dont give up and fill support case.

I was scamed once from my all gear and support helped me. They talked to scamer and convince him to meet with me and give back all items. They also arranged meeting via MA ingame avatar (official asistant Martial), so thats definitively possible in your case.

They cant just move your gun from his inventory to yours as all trades as final, but above way is proven to work.

oh shit, i really hope you get it back

Ebo

MA will probably get the gun returned, less a fee for stupidity. Will be a ton easier with date and time stamp for them to find the info needed.

Many of us have taken some risks over the years, although trust is a long time earned with soc and friends we have known for many ‘YEARS’ in game.

I’ve lent noobs scanners and small items, on the basis if not returned then not much loss (testing their character is some instances).
I’ve backed up long term friends I trust with collateral so they can unlock ESL.
I’ve borrowed very expensive unlimited old school guns with no collateral, from great friends known for years.
In the days before limited MF chips, I lent my unlimited fire chip to people I’d known for just a short while, because it excited me to see them use it (we take risks sometimes).

A few years ago there was a skilled player (scum) that infiltrated our sister soc for a few months building up trust purely on the basis to eventually con and rob, you need to be careful.

At the very minimum, if you are going to take such a risk you should type in trade chat message box “this is a 5 minute loan for my xxx, which you agree to return by trade free of charge, this is not a sale. Do you agree?” then take a screen shoot. This will not protect you, but will give you some basis of proving your case if it all went very bad.

I personally would not trust someone I didn’t know with a ton of ped, Life can be brutal, it’s a real shame.

Post here if you get it back

Good luck

Rick

A bit harsh. So he was naive. It doesn't mean the other guy should've taken advantage and just walked off with something that wasn't his.

Goodluck getting your gun back. Sadly, I think you'll need lots of it.

I was scamed once from my all gear and support helped me. They talked to scamer and convince him to meet with me and give back all items. They also arranged meeting via MA ingame avatar (official asistant Martial), so thats definitively possible in your case.

They cant just move your gun from his inventory to yours as all trades as final, but above way is proven to work.
Wow! That's really sweet.

Well deserved +rep to MA.

Wow! That's really sweet.

Well deserved +rep to MA.

MA did that for me with items worth 60 peds, so they shall treat that case even more serious. I belive lot on that depends on scamer and MA "convincing" abilities, but sometimes scamer need good shakeing and posibility of reversing situation "with face keeped".

First of all OP, sorry you got screwed out of your gun, but you took a huge risk in an online environment.

Secondly:

but in this world we can not afford to trust anyone.

Then all is lost. Personally, I cannot buy this is a general principle. Better to get screwed than to become too cynical about humanity.

Reactions: Cly
Wow that really sucks. A good reminder for people to be careful with lending out valueable stuff though.
Luckily for me i am just a poor miner myself and hardly have anything valueable to lend out :)

I do think however that i have this person on FL after a Longtooth hunt a few weeks ago, i'll try and see if i can contact and talk some sense into him tonight when i'm ingame.

It would be nice if he could get his gun back, but if he does it brings up a lot of other problems that would have to be fixed.

E.g every scam, everything lost in the old tiering.

Harsh, but true. Don't get me wrong it sucks and feel sorry for the guy, but it could have easly been avoided.

Her comment was no BS ...
She's right.
What à stupid moove :) :D

This is not à scam. This is just stupidity abuse, legitimate IMHO :cool:

yeah and thats your opinion, so state your own and don't tell me what mine should be.

BTW, the item is on AH right now, put there by therock animalcommander rocky, BU TT+2499, but probably will be retrieved after they'll read this post

Screen it, ffs. Seems like there idiots from both sides.

Back