Are there plans to improve the screenshot system?

NevadaJake

Elite
Drake Slade Corbett
It would be very cool if pressing "Print Screen" saved a PNG screenshot to the Entropia folder under My Documents. Are there any plans to add a feature like this?

you know...

you know... most of us use FRAPS for this.
some of us use EntropiaTracker for this.

why make more features and complicate EU software?
cheers
Naomi

Alt+Enter
Alt+PrtScn
win-key.jpg

Alt+R (if this does not do anything then just type Paint without the .exe)
Paint.exe
Ctrl+V
Ctrl+S
<insert screenshot name>
Enter
Alt+F4
Alt+Enter

Simple as that!

The funny thing is, you can do that while auto-firing or auto-drilling.

I agree with OP. I consider the print-screen feature very useful inside the game and I think it is not hard for MA to do it :) Also a video capture feature would be nice instead of using Camtasia or similar.

Although it is easy to do a print screen outside EU, I rather press a dedicated print screen inside the game instead of 5-6 commands outside the game. Just hit a button and move on. In my case, I have a Mac keyboard and it does not have the "print screen" button. I mean it have it but it works only with Mac OS. Inside Windows I have to open a virtual keyboard to make a print screen or to remap the default keyboard. See? I need that feature :)

Last edited:
Hello

I understand the problem, but personally i think eu has to make other bugfixes,implementations first before the print screen thing..

I use my pc with 2 monitors and i tried several programs (just google print screen programms) and i found mine
it saves pictures in a folder, i can press the button several times if i want,and a can define the print-scr Key also.:)

there are over 20 different programs outside , i am sure you can find yours if you give it a try

Eddie

No

To our, the customer's, knowledge there is no plans to even implement this - much less improve it.

You are not the first one thinking of it. I believe the first time I myself suggested it was approx 3 years ago. That it's still not implemented speaks for itself - they simply don't care.

Quite funny that we don't have this already, since these features for capturing screenshots
and capture video already excist in CE2... my guess is thou' they skip these features due
to the license of CE2, the less features that are used the cheaper license they get... ;)

its amazing to me...in this day and age of social networking, media and the like that we don't have a screenshot button...and make excuses for it as well....

its amazing to me...in this day and age of social networking, media and the like that we don't have a screenshot button...and make excuses for it as well....
Exactly, it would make it much simpler to promote our Universe if screenshots were easier to make :yup:

Yes, this should be added!

However, lets do this after avatar makeover and taming.

Download Entropia Tracker. Select "Catch Print Screen Press." Done.

The fact that there ISN'T such a function, speaks volumes about MA's lack of understanding on ANYTHING related to internet gaming.
Ambitious amateurs.

note: even for troubleshooting and pre-release testing, a screenshot function would have been useful... ooh, forgot, they don't test stuff.

agreed...
i guess its all about what people will "put up with"
its not about workarounds or 3rd party programs...its about the social aspects of today's mmo market...i should be able to play and do and see and share without having to install 3rd party programs or alt tab out of the game...

im not new here.....i do enjoy it....i know there are several things that need to change and there are several things i like... i just think it should be able to stand on its own 2 feet without the player base having to invent workarounds still after 6 or 7 years..:yup:

Alt+Enter
Alt+PrtScn
win-key.jpg

Alt+R (if this does not do anything then just type Paint without the .exe)
Paint.exe
Ctrl+V
Ctrl+S
<insert screenshot name>
Enter
Alt+F4
Alt+Enter

Simple as that!

The funny thing is, you can do that while auto-firing or auto-drilling.

well that don't sound simple. I played some games from 1998 who had such feature under one button :D

Exactly my point.

because...installing 3rd party or a EIGHT STEP PROCESS is much more easy than...f11...
i love the remark about an additional feature would complicate the software...
really...

really.

*whispers....if it was easy then it would actually help to promote the world....and cost less and take less time then an Emissary program....direct upload to flicker or FB......WOW

...is there an ap for that?...

this isnt just a silly request this is a platform promotion tool.

sigh..dead horse...deaf ears.

The best utility that existed for screen captures in Entropia was GCS, "GrabClipSave". You could press the PRT SCRN button, or any other of your choosing, and it would not only take ONE screenshot, but a series of them if you desired, and automatically place the images in a folder, also of your choosing. There was no need to open up image-editing software, pasting, Alt-Tabbing, etc...

Sadly, GCS stopped working within Entropia years ago, and I haven't found anything that works as easily as that. FRAPS was a pain to configure and is more of performance-monitoring tool than a screen grabber.

If anybody knows of a FREE utility that can do series of screenshots auto-copied to a specific folder, without alt-tabbing, I'd love to know about it.

well that don't sound simple. I played some games from 1998 who had such feature under one button :D

Exactly, the quoted procedure certainly works but takes a half-dozen steps, requires that you alt-tab out of the game, completely ruins the game's immersive experience, and only allows you to take one single screenshot. A utility that allows you to take multiple screenshots without leaving the game & opening an image-editing program and pasting your single image is far more useful.

Back