For people who take part in fashion events !!

Do you think its fine for friends and family to vote for each other in events such as Mr / Miss Caly

• No

Votes: 42 67.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters
BUT-i really have to say,-NO- freyr didint help me in my sets.

I colored it by my self, also textured by my self- ( lvl 27 colorer , 35 texturer)

And also- NO i didint got any borrowed cloth. Had to buy them as anyone else had to do.

This was not aimed at you I don't think his clothes would fit you anyway it was aimed at another winner in the male catagory

Loren you would had won-than the event would be fair?

If One my best buds was judge and I won yes I would think it unfair as I said before they would give me good marks! is my whole point in this thread- Im not saying you should not have won all am saying is its unfair when you have Best friends judging

an unfair event because I won and you have problems withe "me" ?
If so,fine.

If beech was judging and I won would you not question it?

Your (friend) also won Mr He-man and you were judging?? correct??? I think that was a joke many other great outfits should have won no wonder everyone kicked after that event!! do I like you I dont even know you - its not aimed at you this is about how people can scam there way to win events!!

Last edited:
Your (friend) also won Mr He-man and you were judging?? correct??? I think that was a joke many other great outfits should have won no wonder everyone kicked after that event!! do I like you I dont even know you - its not aimed at you this is about how people can scam there way to win events!! [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

So, you call me cheater?
you call me, scammer?

I dont Need To trick me any wins.

I simply deserve it. And yes, i agree, there are others who I think deserve too.
Just- i dont judge.
and I cant help, when the sets dont hit the taste of the judges.

AND - Judge is not 1 person

I'm sure I am not the only one hoping this takes a turn into a real life mud wrestling thing? :laugh:

OK so you think it's fine to vote for each other!

I think it's wrong and not quite sure if I would call it scam some might others won't ...

Just wanted to give other players the heads up what they are up against before they rush out to buy some fancy outfit.

Yes I know there is usually 4 judges but that 1 judge can make all the difference in the end result :yup:

I simply deserve it. And yes, i agree, there are others who I think deserve too.
Just- i dont judge.
and I cant help, when the sets dont hit the taste of the judges.

AND - Judge is not 1 person
It might be neat to someday do a new contest where all previous contest owners are the judges. ;)

Now I wasn't at the event, but my mentor was one of the judges, and I got to hear some of the comments they made about how long the comp took, and how hard it was to judge all the entrants. This person went to Ark, and sat there for 3-4 hours to be a judge, on their own volition. As far as I know they weren't paid for their time, it was something nice to help further the community.

They did this just to have a contestant start a thread questioning the judges integrity because the event didn't go the way they want. Honestly, that is really insulting.

Onto your accusations though..

Do people vote for their friends? Hell yeah. You do realize that people become friends because they are like-minded in many ways. For instance, in real life, most of my friends dress similar in style to myself because we have similar tastes. People are biased by nature. It's damn near impossible to get a truly impartial judge. Even if a judge comes to the event impartial, they are going to be swooned by charisma or some aspect of a person. That will influence their votes later.

Also consider the fact that this game has a rather small player base. Finding people that don't any connection to the players who might enter is going to be difficult.

Whether or not someone received a loaned item is rather irrelevant. This type of contest is already way biased towards those who have enough money and skill to make a winnable combination. Unless you can guarantee that those entrants never had help along the way, the entire question is rather moot. Whether your friend gave you a couple hundred PED when you were starting out, or whether someone gave you an item before the competition, you both had help during your avatars career that got you to the point of starting that comp.

You claim this isn't about you, or whether your ava won or lost, but I really doubt that's true. Either way, congrats for taking a (from what I heard) fun event and making it into some butt-hurt drama on your part. It takes a special type of person to do that..

If everything I read (I wasn't there) is true, then there is obviously more then one conflict of intrest at play here.

First and foremost, if an avatar's significant other is a judge in a certain competition, then that avatar should not be allowed to compete in the contest. Period.

If someone is assigned the task of judging such a competition, they should not be lending out clothing to the contestants... and if they do - they should be barred from voting for that contestant.

I'm not saying either of those things happened here (although I am lead to beleive they both did), but c'mon people... how can you even TRY to pass this off as a fare and just competition if either happened.

*IF* either of these things happened, then the entire thing is null and void imho.

I was planning on making the trip to Arkadia for the Pimp your Hoverpod event, but I would like the event organisers to clearly state the rules and restrictions for this competition... IE Family and friends of judges are not permitted to participate.... at least the family part.

XZC

OK so you think it's fine to vote for each other!

I think it's wrong and not quite sure if I would call it scam some might others won't ...

Just wanted to give other players the heads up what they are up against before they rush out to buy some fancy outfit.

Yes I know there is usually 4 judges but that 1 judge can make all the difference in the end result :yup:

Again,
I dont need to trick me wins, IF i win, than FAIR and deserved.

and IF i judge-ONLY fair and deserved.

So no one need to be afraid he would get less points because we may not like each or we dont know each, If i Judge - its a job. And i do my Job as it should be.

Fair!

If you Feel its not fair, than only because you coudnt judge fair if you would.

But dont point on others because you cant.

I'm sure I am not the only one hoping this takes a turn into a real life mud wrestling thing? :laugh:

I agree I'll be a spectator :) and bring the beer.

I agree I'll be a spectator :) and bring the beer.

heyy- only witeh a entry fee ;)

No , joke beside.

I have nothing against Loren,
Just the way she say her opinion i think its rude.

But trust me guys-no war be needed here :) soooorry :p

Again,
I dont need to trick me wins, IF i win, than FAIR and deserved..

Why don't you ask your mate to post the results then we can go from there?

;)

Why don't you ask your mate to post the results then we can go from there?

;)

well- my "mate" as you call - may not have the results?

knock on a other door for that? :D

Yeah they are prolly lost or stolen :silly2:

well- i hope not!

I also would like to see the points still!
and i think, we 2 not the only ones who wait for the results.
Other ppl wanna know there places too .

In my capacity as Arkadia Adviser i organized that Fashion Event. It took me 8 weeks from my lifetime to make a proper and fair event for the whole community in EU. Me and all of my helpers tried to make it as fair and as honest as possible and i have to thank this old and new friends for all the help.
Guess what was the hardest part to do so......i´ll tell you.....
...the hardest part was to find judges..i asked many many people, well known and also unknown player if they would like to be a judge in that event.......and surprise....at 99% i got the answer...."Oh..i would love to be a part of this event , i would love to be a judge ....but sorry NO..i wont see my name afterwards in the forums".....well...what a surprise.....
I can tell you whatever i want i can post numbers and sheets and whatever..but i wont do that ..coz...next one come along and tell me i faked the numbers to defend people....so i simply dont do that .....someone asked why i havent announced the judges before...well...i got already PM´s before the event started "why do you allow that Zunami join the event"..Hello ? --where are we ? Why should i ban her from a event ? coz she could win ? NO , No and never ...and when i name the judges before the event start there we be flamers and blamers right in front of the event...so i let them annonym....
People...serious...that was a event from the community, for the community...and no one should wonder why we have such less ammounts of events in this game....

and about lending items....there was no rule you have to buy it yourself, craft it yourself or texture it yourself....if i lend me a MM from a friend and win a event with it ...will my friend be blamed then ?

this was my first and last post on this ....it was a nice event and many people enjoyed it..sorry that you dont Loren...but i cant help you with this....for me it is said and done ....

Have a nice day

Milena

I was there when the judges gave points.
I didn't look all the time, cuz I was busy orgenizing the contestes, but I did saw that freyer gave Zunami sometimes lower points then other judges.
At the walkoff battle, he even didn't vote for Zunami on one of the outfits.

I agree with Zunami, that you think Freyr didn't judged fairly cuz you know if you were in his place you for sure won't judge fairly. Well not all people are like you Loren, some actaully care about integreity and fairnes.

Anyway I see tihs event as a huge success, our judging and points system was almost perfect.

But I guess the bitter people will stay bitter and act in a discusting way liek I see in this post and like I saw in the event.

Oh well... :dunno:

Last edited:
Im not sure what happened but I know of a simple fix... (using some others suggestions ;))

4 different categories of the competition
1 evening clothes
2 armor
3 underwear
4 mixed

4 different judges
1 for evening clothes
- Point system as mentioned earlier: 1 to 5 for colour. 1 to 5 for style. 1 to 5 for overall look
These points are to be displayed. example 3 C. 4 S. 5 OA

2 for armor
- Point system like before: 1 to 5 for type, 1 to 5 for matching weapon. 1 to 5 for overall look
These points are to be displayed. example 4 T. 4 MW. 4 OA

3 for underwear
- Point system : 1 to 5 for colour. 1 to 5 for style. 1 to 5 for overall look and maybe how damn fine they looked!
These points are to be displayed. example 5 C. 5 S. 5 OA. and 10 for oooo la la!! ;)

4 for mixed
- Point system : 1 to 5 for colour. 1 to 5 for style. 1 to 5 for overall look
These points are to be displayed. example 4 C. 3 S. 5 OA.

These points are added up. The use of points with different judges, makes it hard for one judge to create a winner, even if one judge gives a 5 out of 5 for each point type, with full points of 15 for any catagory. It will still depend on the other judges. This way it doesn't matter if one person is biased or not cause it will not be enough to sway the overall points in the end.

Next is to draw numbers for the judges. From 1 to 10. The person closest to the number gets a category to judge.. and so on. This will add more randomness to the judges. This way if their clothes or armor are on the stage, they maynot be able to judge it. ;)

One more thing.. no judge can be anounced before the competition. The person running the competition selects a number of judges.. hopefully more then the event needs say 10. Then on event day randomly selects the 4 judges out of the 10 before the competition. The judges can not be near the competitors.

So an example: Suzy Hotbottom joins the competition and one of the judges is male looking to procure some rl fun. He decides to give the pixie with Aimk2 weapon a 15 point total for armor. Her other scores are not quite as good cause she is wearing a pink top with her orange jumper bottoms…

Her scores are as follows. 6 Evening. 15 Armor. 4Underwear. 5 Mixed (Total: 30)
Her competition: 9 Evening. 11 Armor. 9 Underwear. 10Mixed (Total: 39)

These are just examples of points for the contest. You could change any of the point’s
criteria to be for example: 1 to 5 for rarity.

Having the points system displayed will give transparency to the competition and fairness.

Just my thoughts on the judging system. You can add more points or more categories, with more judges if need be. The only thing you can’t do is take away the number of sections for points. There needs to be a minimum of three sections per category.

Last edited:
Such a shame that what was intended as a bit of fun and something for the Arkadian community gets tarnished in this way. I have read comments that judges should be named before an event? why? People are becoming more and more reluctant to participate in a judging capacity on these events for this precise reason, that no matter what the outcome someone will always feel they have been hard done by, cheated or scammed and the mudslinging will start, names get bandied about and peoples good names slurred.

I provided the music and dialogue for the event via Normandie Radio, and whilst I had no input into the voting I can tell you that more than one judge had a friend in the contest...I will not disclose who either the judges or the contestants were, as that would be unfair to drag them into this....but my point is this....if as you say Zunami "won" by having an unfair advantage of a friend on the judging panel why did she win and not one of these other people?

I saw the scores as they were given to Milena to collate, and I will say that imho at no point did ANY of those judges favour their friends over another contestant

Also no one mentions that Beechbum was actually placed 3rd in the contest and was quite happy to accept this accolade, until he realised that his wife was not in the running for a prize...at which point he voiced his opinion rather loudly in front of all the contestants, stating it was a fix yada yada yada.....thereby denigrating the other contestants part in the contest by basically saying his wife was better than all of them too.

When someone can come up with a foolproof 100% unbiased way of judging these events then we will accept their voting process wholeheartedly, until then we do the best we can with what we have....think you can do a better job??? then feel free to give up your free time, and organise one, then sit back and wait for the backlash cos it sure as hell will come.

This was a nice read during diner.

Its the same after every fashion event, a bitch thread.
Be it one that's deserved or one that isn't. Constructive criticism to plain out whining, its everytime the same.

Like I said after the 2012 Mr. Calypso event bitch thread.
I already said I wouldn't join next event (however I do think anyone can join the event, no matter what place they finished last time) so I am available for judging and for sure am ready to brainstorm about how to make the event better and improve experience for all.
From this alone anyone could have figured out I would be judging.

As for your poll
Do you think its fine for friends and family to vote for each other in events such as Mr / Miss Caly
I do, cause I trust that if your willing to take the time (and probably a shitload of crap afterwards) to judge, you most likely know and like what your talking about and therefor will judge fair.

Let me turn it around, is it fair to not allow a participant from joining an event as this because his/her friend is Judging?
How big is this community? not talking EU here, I am talking EU-Fashion. Why do we always see the same names competing?
Can you find a panel of judges that knows what they talk about but on the otherside have no ties at all to the competitors?
I think there wouldnt be an event at all cause this isnt possible in a community event.

I joined as Judge to hope to improve overall fairness.
We changed the voting system significantly compared to other (previous) events.
We added multiple catagories to get a more in depth and fair outcome of all votes
As stated in the event thread every participant will be judged on every outfit for:
1. overall outfit look 2. texture/color matching 3. item use and originality.

So while an outfit could receive a high score because it looks very good, it could get a bad score cause it isnt original anymore or an outfit that scored bad on overall look but have its colors/textures match and is original will still score ok points

With 4 judges each rateing 3 outfits with 1-10 in 3 catagories gives a max of 4 x 3 x 10 x 3 = 360 points.
I think this is quite hard to be influenced by just 1 juror alone, wich was the idea of the system.
The scores, I dont have them. we had 4 judges and 2 other people writing down the scores (to verify each other) I would think they could still be posted by them.

Bash away I did not expect to make friends for sharing my opinion ive been here long enough to know how it works

But we are swaying from the the reason I am here in the first place

1. Why are friends/family allowed to judge each other?

2.Yes, every judge has there own personal taste - noone might not care that Freyr loan his clothes out then was able to judge them? ovc he is going to think his outfits are the bomb this is my main issue here its bull shit!

Loren, as for everything what was directed to me personally. I'll keep my reply simple.

Taste is about the human ability to judge what is beautiful, good and proper.
I been doing fashion in EU before you even put on your first OJ's, since I do it still I think mine is ok.

I think your showing real bad sportsmanship, I feel sorry for you that you cant take a loss without trying to take someone else down with you.

P.s. Magam borrowed a pair of jeans ;)

Last edited:
Such a shame that what was intended as a bit of fun and something for the Arkadian community gets tarnished in this way. I have read comments that judges should be named before an event? why? People are becoming more and more reluctant to participate in a judging capacity on these events for this precise reason, that no matter what the outcome someone will always feel they have been hard done by, cheated or scammed and the mudslinging will start, names get bandied about and peoples good names slurred.

Brownie thats just normal that judges get announced before an competition.
Even rules of judgement are announced everywhere.

no one would take part in olympics, football, boxing, song contests, whatever type of competition when those data is not provided from the start.

thats absolutely legit even if there is still the chance that a judge votes on purpose.

but for that razor got a nice idea on Arkadia Forums that those events should be handled with the judging rules of the olympics, that the best and the worst points get deleted from each ones results to take care of purpose voting.

http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?4260-A-fairer-competition-selection-system&p=44873&viewfull=1#post44873

not saying that anything was pushed in this event its just a matter that concerns people here and it wont be good if people keep away in the future cause they see no point in taking part anywhere.

events need to be always legit and transparent.

<nerdrant>
It's a shame that threads like this always seem to happen, but of course, inevitable.
During the time I was at Atlas Haven Radio, I organized many events. Some big, some small. It's a lot of hard work. A LOT. Sometimes the events go better than others. Sometimes there are problems. But ALWAYS there are complaints. ALWAYS.
The one thing I've learned over the years, however, is that there is no such thing as a perfect event. There are too many possible things that can go wrong. There are too many different rules, cultures, cliques, and expectations. There are too many entitled people.

About 24 hours ago, I heard the buzz in the grapevine about the things mentioned in this thread. I knew what was going to happen. So I wrote to David Dobson and warned him of what was coming. He went to Cyrus and Cyrus had a look at the score cards. To quote him directly (I don't think he would have any problems with my quoting him), he said, "I looked at the scores and [Freyr's] scores are in line with the other judges, so whilst I acknowledge the potential for bias, it doesn't appear to be a problem in this case."

There are many things that could have been done differently, ofc. And there always will be things that could be done differently. For one, a system could have been put in place to where the highest and lowest scores were not counted. Then a person who was trying to influence the results would need an accomplice. But then you need more judges. And quite frankly, nobody wants to judge these things. There are too many sore losers out there to make it worthwhile.

Because quite frankly, everyone who took part did so on a volunteer basis.
From the event organizer .. who spent weeks planning arranging, and choreographing an event for no personal gain whatsoever...
To the judges.. who took time out of their own schedules to give their own professional (and might I add Unbiased) opinions, knowing full well that there would be a shit storm after the event was over, just as there is every year...
To the A-team.. who put their own planet's reputation behind the event, knowing full well that there would be people who would get pissed off at the results (no matter the results) and probably swear off ever going to Arkadia again...
To the participants.. who spent countless time and peds on outfits, planning, dreaming, and walking down the ramp.

To those who won, congratulations..

To those who gave it their all but didnt win, yet had the grace to congratulate the winner and move on, congratulations to you, too, for a great competition, hard fought.

To those who came and watched the competition, I hope you enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun..

And, ofc, to those who have nothing better than to complain, I'm looking forward to seeing the event(s) that you will be doing next year...to the endless headaches that you will endure before during and after it...and to the whine threads that will inevitably appear on the forum afterwards. You ARE planning to do an event next year, right? You know..put your money where your mouth is.. that sort of thing..

just sayin
</nerdrant>

P.s. Magam borrowed a pair of jeans ;)

ROFL! Guess what I did when poor Zunami was competiting the first or maybe the second time ... I lend her some of my clothes. Okay, she didn't win at that time (must be ages ago :D). But I think it's not a crime to borrow some clothes for saving costs. Doesn't such events ask for personal taste? Not for big wallets.

And hey! I thought it was very good to show that old fashion cheap solid armor could be used for an impressive outfit as well as expensive items. Don't condamn Pixie! Freyr made a risky but worthful step with his yellow outfit. It was worth to be rewarded!

P.S. I wouldn't participate in a jury of such events if little sister Kristin takes part (special prize ~rank 4 in Miss Calypso last year without help from family, friends and such)

Last edited:
ROFL! Guess what I did when poor Zunami was competiting the first or maybe the second time ... I lend her some of my clothes. Okay, she didn't win at that time (must be ages ago :D). But I think it's not a crime to borrow some clothes for saving costs.

LOL xD yeah i remeber.. long long time ago..
my only cool thing i had been my flower shirt lol

Thx again for borrow me :D i was so poor :((( lol

ROFL! Guess what I did when poor Zunami was competiting the first or maybe the second time ... I lend her some of my clothes. Okay, she didn't win at that time (must be ages ago :D). But I think it's not a crime to borrow some clothes for saving costs. Doesn't such events ask for personal taste? Not for big wallets.

As I understood it, the issue here was not "borrowing clothes", but rather "borrowing clothes from one of the judges"...

Now what if Magam would have bought those Jeans from one of my shops, instead of borrowing?
I seen more then a few items during the event that could have been bought in one of my shops.
Should I step down as judge when I get even the slightest idea an item could have once been mine?

I have a simple solution, use just one judge. I am available, you can bring the hotties directly to my Apartment or we can do this where ever you like :)

:girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl::girl: :yay::wtg:

:yay:Same old thing again :yay:

Well, people also complained about Mister and Miss Calypso, and I had 4!!! judges :rolleyes: And one of them was my friend working in fashion that doesnt EVEN PLAY EU, so she was focused ONLY on the color-combo and textures so NO MONEY involved but just pure sense of combination yet people still bitched and hated me for both events :)
Kinda sad, since even the judges had no idea who the other judges were. Believe me that those 2 fashion events were probably the most fair ones that ever took place in EU...

Hey but this isnt the first and the LAST time that someone will be complaining about the results of a fashion event. If 10 girls take hours and hours of preparations and ONLY 3 win, 7 of them will be VERY SAD :) at least 1 of those 7 will be complaining about the judges decisions.

Well anyways, its not easy holding these events :) Oh, and no one asked me to judge :D

Btw Loren, you had the best armor set imo :p

TJ:bandit:

Back