For people who take part in fashion events !!

Do you think its fine for friends and family to vote for each other in events such as Mr / Miss Caly

• No

Votes: 42 67.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters

loren

Stalker
Loren
Ok I have not got time to fill in all details but will try to keep the facts as I need to get this off my breast i mean chest ;)

I recently took part in a fashion event at Arkadia just for fun and to show off my outfits (as is what we do best)
I was a little wasted due to it being a Saturday and fashion contest, weekend who dont get wasted? :laugh:

Anyway I didnt expect to win anything plus I had no time to work on my outfits as I only had 12hrs notice....

Anyway its not about me ...

Or my outfits or me not winning before you start to think im a cry baby its not like that !! (even tho pple who know me might not agree) :)

Im trying to keep this short but would like to point out I do NOT think its a good idea to have #

Best buddys /husband /wives /bumlickers.. Judging!!!!!

The girls/Guys who spend hours not only creating there outfits but also finding someone who can put them together this can result in 1000s ped is why I think people should know what happend to us at Arkadia!

Everything is running smooth blah blah blah they drag out who the winner is |(but we already know)! lovely outfits as always and maybe should have been 1st? But her best mate is Judge??? really???? make us wonder if we ever had a chance anyway I know for a fact if my husband/ best bud was judging they would have voted me 10/10without a doubt! (or they get popped with a opalo)

I have seen the same happen in Mr He-man (calypso) and players getting robbed for there hard work as they have a buddy on the other side!

I guess you all remember the Guy who won wearing PIXI ?? Really??? well yes the other half was judging ovc!

And this guy even LOANS his clothes then votes for them :laugh: really???

I have been a judge before its never easy but when people are chucking 10s out for mates yous have no chance!

Thanks for reading
And frery(if thats you name) Just as you can make a few textures and chuck paint on it dont mean your a fashion artist get a life dude you know nothing about fashion!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(sorry Magam nothing against you)

I never knew it was Magam (Who won frist place) loaned Freyr's clothing! if it was all outfits or one item it is not the point? im not saying it's 'not' ok to loan clothes but when a 'judge loans clothes' and then his clothes win? it's another story in my opinion, not only one friend but along with another great friend, alarm bells start ringing!

Would the winners have won if Freyr wasn't a judge? guess we will never know!

I did not just wake up one morning and think OK im going to start a shit storm, A few players agree.. but don't have the guts to speak up due to the 'single' minded people who think you are just here as you a bad loser... it really is not the case its about 'FAIR PLAY'

When I hear such bull shit (after the event) that you 'loaned' clothing TO THE WINNER myself -and others AGREED- that you broke a lot of rules here regarding a fashion event! But as you have been around so long .. and know so much... you think you are in the right!

Last edited:
... get this off my breast...

Sorry, you lost me at this point :)

Ya that is stupid that the judges have a relationship with the contenstants. Guess I shouldn't bother going to the hoverpod decorating contest on the 4th then.

Arkadia is a small community. People know people, especially when they have similar interests. Do you have a constructive solution for eliminating conflicts of interest in the next fashion event? Do you really want judges that have no relationship with any contestants? Maybe next time they could take some noobs straight off the boat and make them the judges, and eliminate any of them that have looked at the forums too. I don't know how that would work out, but at least no judges would know any contestants! :scratch2:

Of course, you're right that judges should be objective and conflicts of interest should be avoided as much as possible. But you know, without being privy to all the private chats and the judges' thoughts... you really don't have a clue what went on behind the scenes. I do know that there were some scheduling problems with judges resulting in some last minute scrambles. The organizers did the best they could with what they had. People who won were happy, a few people who lost complained that it was unfair... in other words, it sounds precisely identical to every other event in EU. But that's just my opinion.

just have the whole arkadia dev team judge? i mean like they are all in one place are they not? how hard could it be for the whole dev team take a few hours break to look at what their players can do with what little we have :) shit might even give them some ideas for better clothing lines

just have the whole arkadia dev team judge? i mean like they are all in one place are they not? how hard could it be for the whole dev team take a few hours break to look at what their players can do with what little we have :) shit might even give them some ideas for better clothing lines

Now that's an idea. :beerchug:

Arkadia is based on Singapore, so it is 3AM in Singapore when the event start, you won't work in 3AM right? lol I think unless they move future event time fit in Asian or it is kinda hard to do. But I would like to see this happen so it would be easier for me to take part in future events :yay:

you don't really need much of a fashion sense to judge entropia clothing there are quite limited options with custom coloring and custom textures, a lot of textures are not widely available because they come from wildly rare and/or wildly hard mobs to hunt, or just plain retardedly expensive to produce, such as diamond textures or tridenite. and you cant mix paint cans for a completely new colors. plus you can not do custom placement of colors/textures on clothes like you can on masks, imo the coloring system is extremely basic and under developed making it stupidly restricted.

MA should have a look at the customizability of the all points bulletin (apb) clothing and vehicles you can place any design you can imagine onto your car and your clothes. although i disliked the game play of apb the customization was amazing in that game, making entropia look just plain silly next to them comparing fashion systems.

Arkadia is a small community. People know people, especially when they have similar interests. Do you have a constructive solution for eliminating conflicts of interest in the next fashion event? Do you really want judges that have no relationship with any contestants? Maybe next time they could take some noobs straight off the boat and make them the judges, and eliminate any of them that have looked at the forums too. I don't know how that would work out, but at least no judges would know any contestants! :scratch2:

Of course, you're right that judges should be objective and conflicts of interest should be avoided as much as possible. But you know, without being privy to all the private chats and the judges' thoughts... you really don't have a clue what went on behind the scenes. I do know that there were some scheduling problems with judges resulting in some last minute scrambles. The organizers did the best they could with what they had. People who won were happy, a few people who lost complained that it was unfair... in other words, it sounds precisely identical to every other event in EU. But that's just my opinion.

A relationship is fine as long as it will not effect the judging in any way. It's happened on too many occassions where the combination of judge/contestant in question is involved in such events. It's bullshit and definitely tarnishes these type of events. As common courtesy you would think that if such a conflict of interest does occur, either the judge or contestant relinquishes their nomination. It's a no brainer really! :rolleyes:

I agree

The dev team judge idea sounds great, the timezone thing is a problem though. Don't really have a better suggestion.

Last edited:
Hello,

i dont know what judge voted for whom yet so cant say if theres something.

Is there any information what judge gave what points to whom?

In terms of transpiracy it would be of great help i think and would remind the judges to not outvote someone totally cause it would be seen public.

btw. Miss Arkadia 2012 helped Miss Calypso 2012 to get the outfit in the Calypso Event ready that you see not often that someone helps another participant with something.

Don't we have nice ladies in the universe?
All had nice outfits.

There will be alot more great events in the future I'm sure.

Yours,

Solo

Dev team idea is ok, but they might be biased since some of the designers of the clothes in question may be voting for their own styles... Let's face it any contest like this is always going to have some bias to it.

Maybe have Devs from all planets, (and MA too) vote and that counts for 50% and then have community vote for 50%, but instead of doing the traditional way, have the votes all take place out of game in some forum or website where there are video recordings of all of the catwalk, etc.?...

I think Zunami is a worthy winner. Not unlikely with the help of Freyr, but them I think it's been more practical help (clothes, textures and such) and not with the scoring. I hope they're too professional for that.

I think it's to a degree as with other professions: You need to have some sort of edge, and for that you usually need lots of PEDs putting in it aswell as skills (or knowing someone with the skills). "Everyone" knows white and black, for instance, is harder than orange, so something that's white or black will have an edge over something that's orange. And shadow armor pieces will be "worth more" than pixie armor pieces. (After all, higher end armors tend to have more exclusive design than lesser armors.)

I wouldn't blame the judges for that Zunami won. It was a pretty fair competeition in that way (I hope - anything else would have been unprofessional). You can compare to a hunting event: It's harder to win a hunting event if you hunt with pixie+opalo than if you have shadow+foeripper. It's not impossible; you might win if you strike an ATH, but it's simply hard to compete against the real professionals. (Someone who used orange and larged striped cotton or carabok hoplite might have gotten higher points than someone just wearing a shadow armor - but chances just less you don't have the edge for top overall score.) Also it's hard to win when most competitors have high class, then it's really up to having an edge to get that last score; if everyone has a shadow armor then it can be the one who also got that black (or tiarak) coat who wins.

For someone who want to get revenge, I think it's not too long until "miss" and "mister" calypso? 2-3 months or so?

And this guy even LOANS his clothes then votes for them :laugh: really???

The fact that a judge loaned clothes out to a last-minute entrant/friend, and that entrant/friend won first place using clothes they had no part in putting together is the biggest disgrace in my opinion. That's just unethical and is an insult to the integrity of all of the other contestants who put in their hard word and peds for their outfits...

I think it would be best if all of the judges' votes were made public, not just an overall score. This is a public contest. In other events you see in the world, each judge shows their score, why not any events in EU? Fear of lashback? Get devs to judge these.

I appreciate the effort that goes into these, but when you can't help but doubt the inner workings and fairness of these events due to these things occurring, something should be done for future events.

I think Zunami is a worthy winner.

(This is not aimed at Zunami winning its about the judging system)

And shadow armor pieces will be "worth more" than pixie armor pieces. (After all, higher end armors tend to have more exclusive design than lesser armors.)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=276459

Last edited:
There is already a voting system wich enables a bunch of people to give points to others: Reputation in events.

Some small modifications and it would work smooth for this kind of contests.

And shadow armor pieces will be "worth more" than pixie armor pieces. (After all, higher end armors tend to have more exclusive design than lesser armors.)

Who is this??? Mr Calyspo 2012 in pixi!!! yeah I bet noone forgot this event and guess who was Judging??

I have to disagree here. It's fashion, not a rich contest. If the black/white while outfit scheme is better than the orange or shadow outfit is better looking than the pixie...then sure. But I believe it should be about fashion. If you ask me that pixie pic looks nicely put together & creative...so yes it should be worth more points than say a bland full shadow with a grey coat...that is the same outfit type you see everyone hunting in, let alone not very eye popping being dull colors lol.

Btw, just to give some info out there for anyone curious on judges, I was a judge for the miss caly 2012, but I did not judge the mr...wish I could have, but real life came a knockin.

I think its great that players can win in pixi but if this was any other player they would NOT have a chance!

There is a real problem with all such events in EU. They are all flawed, be it a judging panel or a thread vote type system.

It's good that we are having this discussion because the first step is to recognise there is a problem.

Someone mentioned dev team should be judges. I don't think that would be the right approach because they are flawed and no different than us. They can however be more objective but it's more complicated than that and it's quite possible their selection would be politically biased.

No matter who votes (even dev team) if they used a system like the one described below I think it's more likely to generate fairer results.

One possible solution could be a system like this:
http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?4260-A-fairer-competition-selection-system

(Note this thread was made before on multiple forums including this one. However, the best discussion was on the ark forum hence that's why I have linked to that here)

This type of sytem takes into account such difficulties and what I especially like is the constructive feedback built in. Which would be useful for all participants.

Such a system is open and hence promotes objectiveness by all who vote. Most of us can be subjective and it would be great to see other peoples actual opinions. Which may be different but that's the beauty about such a system. We can then recognise and appreciate those differences. Voting, reading feedback, and participating in such events would then be a joyful experience.

Who is this??? Mr Calyspo 2012 in pixi!!! yeah I bet noone forgot this event and guess who was Judging??

hm cant help it cause I cant follow that.

if its not about the winner why are you complaining then?

i mean if the winner is ok for you then why is there any problem with the judging system?

hm cant help it cause I cant follow that.

if its not about the winner why are you complaining then?

i mean if the winner is ok for you then why is there any problem with the judging system?

The problem is conflict of interest and fair play. That is it's fine if the winner won fairly but since fairness has been compromised how can we know who the true winner is? if the true winner is the current winner that would be ok.

I mean the current winner can still be a winner as long as the selection system has not been compromised. Who the winner is less important than a fair selection system.

The problem is conflict of interest and fair play. That is it's fine if the winner won fairly but since fairness has been compromised how can we know who the true winner is? if the true winner is the current winner that would be ok.

I mean the current winner can still be a winner as long as the selection system has not been compromised. Who the winner is less important than a fair selection system.

but we dont know yet if there is any unfair play as there are no votings open yet to have a look at.

and the OP which took part in the event declared the winner as "worthy winner" that makes for me no more reason to attack the judging system.

everything written here is based on assumptions.

cant see anything bad. i would need the exact judging results before declaring anything as unfair, not ok etc.

if it comes to the jury itself. the only thing i can see is not really clean is that the judges where not announced before the event took part.

all announcement threads have no names of judges inside so the participants had no chance to tell their opinion about that.

that is a point i would like to have explained by the event holders then. cause normally you announce the judges before an event takes part.

Thanks for that Skywalker im glad someone is getting it.

At least I can say I won fair I did not know anyone on the judging panel.

You are missing the point here we have players who are judging each other and loaning outfits then voting them to win? I have been taking parts in these events for years and seen it happen too often now its time to let the cat out the bag.

If Beech was a judge and I won would players who know us not think something wrong? I simply would not take part if this was the case.

I have been judge before and only takes that one friend to chuck a 10 out (what happend when I was judging) then you have the winner - as is rare a player will get 10/10 in such events.. Its just unfair for people who think they have a chance when they dont.

My understanding is that the A-team did review the voting scores, and that there were no votes that were out of line with the votes of any other judges.
Congratulations to the winner, and thank you Arkadia for providing the prizes. Thank you to the organizers for the time you took to put the event together.

Posted same thing on Arkadia forum...

Well not that it matters much to me, those contests are nice to watch and as I am not in them I am just a spectator.

But here is my opinion anyways, not that it matters.

I think participants should select judges from a panel of judges. If any participant does not like a judge or think they sway results to a friend they can eliminate them from the judging. This way it is the participants own issue if they never eliminated a judge. Judge elimination rounds should be held starting with all the judges and each participant concerned selecting a judge to be eliminated. This keeps going until your number of final judges are reached. If a favoritism judge still exists it is only because the participants (all of them) allowed that judge to stay and do the judging.

Judging should be on a point system not just wow that looks nice you win hands down. There should be one point keeper that tallies judge results and publicly posts the results and a panel of some number of judges. example: armor competition, does the atire state fashion into the battle field, does the avatar do proper presentation of the armor, does the weapon match the armor etc. same goes for evening wear etc. Each thing has a point system 1-10, 1-5 etc. that the judges weigh after each entry the judges send in for scores for final tallying. all results along with points are publicly displayed afterwards so final results are not mucked with to favor anyone. This allows the judges to see their points to make sure of this, names can be anonymous because they should know what they gave as points.

For the upcoming hoverpod, points would be weighted on does the color contour with the vehicle, does texture match colors used, does the overall hoverpod fit into the category entered (if there are multiple categories)

But anyways you should get my point here, hoping for more fair voting and less bickering because these contests do bring some nice elements into the game and force designing which use materials and promote growth in the economy.

Perhaps it should be done like every judging we see on television where the judges hold up their number on a sign (would be said in chat box in EU of course lol). That way every single spectator/judge/participant/etc knows 100% step by step results. Also, maybe each judge can comment...like, I gave her a 10 due to...blah blah. This would point out favoritism etc right away. Of course it would be time consuming so may have to be a 1 round thing...may be good though, could lead to more events overall. Armor events, beach, casual, winter, etc...more fashion events year round! Woot lol

I agree with you loren. Anyway is not really about if the judge knows or not the contestant, they just need to be moral when judging. This time for the arkadia contest at least in my opinion there were several players that did use lot of creativity and were far better then then winner, no need to be a fashion genius. So yeah quite disappointed about it. But since it always ends up like that.. :wtg:

I think Zunami is a worthy winner. Not unlikely with the help of Freyr, but them I think it's been more practical help (clothes, textures and such) and not with the scoring. I hope they're too professional for that.

Thank you Very much :)

BUT-i really have to say,-NO- freyr didint help me in my sets.

I colored it by my self, also textured by my self- ( lvl 27 colorer , 35 texturer)

And also- NO i didint got any borrowed cloth. Had to buy them as anyone else had to do.
They all MINE and i also all own them. For example, my first set, it layed in my shop WEEKS, no one bought, no requests for it too. Than i just simple took it for my self since i didint had a dress i really liked.

and the armour- ALL mine.
i bought it (sometimes way over priced) in auction, my idea! No one else.

also the last set, I did!

My cloth!

And sorry but no, i didint got special treated in the show,
i was nervouse as hell , There Been a couple of really cool stuff, acually all who joind had really something to "show off" my personal fav. been Bonnie and Pink.

So all been open, all could happen.

and to the "borrow cloth" on one hand its unfair, when you cant efford it to join- but when you borrow-to may have a chance, also unfair? o_O

If all would be so "cheated" why i had even to do a run off withe sakura for a walk of "battle"?

I dunno why even this come up now, I know Loren had nice stuff to show, also pink had a amazing set as on miss calpso, Bonnie -i liked it-she hit my taste witeh her cloth

I wonder If the foss is just because i won now, if so i really feel me bad. I apologize me for everyone who feel not fair treated. But - it was an fair show.

and when anything on all is unfair- its the way of attacking the judges, or other ppl who joined.

If now-
Loren you would had won-than the event would be fair?

Or is it,- an unfair event because I won and you have problems withe "me" ?
If so,fine.
Just dont make pls an really nice event so bad.

Having problems understand the text....

(j/k:dunce:)

Too bad to hear what happened, I never attend to these things myself but if something similar happened that would be .... *mind wanders away* mmmm.... breasts.......

Best of luck

Back