Google listed nextisland.com as a reported attack page? :S

Stave

Deactivated Account
Posting this here to warn people, originally posted in ask mindark on ef.

Did search but saw nothing mentioning this yet.

Seems google has listed nextisland.com as a reported attack page :S

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 20 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-07-13, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-07-13.

This concerns me regarding the security of entropia as a whole since the website of a pp has such problems, could someone please comment or atleast take the needed action to correct this problem?

Not only does this generate bad reputation for eu, it gives a good chance viruse's are distributed that comprimise entropias systems, this is something any serious business should take very seriously.

Site is secure according to my Northon Antivirus :dunno:

Yeah next island forum is fine for me too, i belive its hosted by the EP guys, seperately from nextisland.com's hosting.

Does nextisland.com even exist, at least in the way we would think? I went to that site and it took me to a fishy-looking site with a 404 error. A Google search for Next Island gave me nextisland.com/planet and I don't recommend going there as it was the same thing as nextisland.com, even though the info Google shows makes it seem related to Entropia.

Site is secure according to my Northon Antivirus :dunno:

My AVG popped up with 2 threat detections, both Black Hole exploits.

Is it meant to be the actual page for the planet? Or is it a scam page trying to harvest usernames and passwords?

If it is, I highly recommend doing an antivirus/malware clean then change passwords now if you just went and accessed the page.

Does nextisland.com even exist, at least in the way we would think? I went to that site and it took me to a fishy-looking site with a 404 error. A Google search for Next Island gave me nextisland.com/planet and I don't recommend going there as it was the same thing as nextisland.com, even though the info Google shows makes it seem related to Entropia.

That sounds bad, almost as if its been hacked :S

Why am I not surprised that the completly inept dev team gets fired and then, all of a sudden the website, made by the same fired devs is giving security warnings.

nextislandforum.com contains content from www.nextisland.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Also get this with google chrome..

nextislandforum.com contains content from www.nextisland.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Also get this with google chrome..

Yep, AVG says it blocked some malware, too. It says the site contains a "HTML Framer". Dunno what that is. Except maybe a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head on the part of NI.

next_island_virus.jpg

http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-remove-a-threat-called-jsredirector-ygtrj-manual-removal-guide/

Last edited:
Oh dear, guess good job it is NI at least nobody will be affected.:silly2:

Seriously though not good at all, MA should get that site closed down asap if what has been posted is true.

Last edited:
We have had same in german forum. It was coming from integrated(external) Advertising-Service. Source was an advert from mmog-portal.com. Don't know if this same with NI Site, maybe. That also was the reason why not every visitor got the warning, because adverts are rotating.

This is the Neverdie virus, it gets into your system and depletes your PED card.
The only fix is with Narfi Antivirus, this program will negotiate with the Neverdie virus and get your PEDs back.

This is the Neverdie virus, it gets into your system and depletes your PED card.
The only fix is with Narfi Antivirus, this program will negotiate with the Neverdie virus and get your PEDs back.

:rofl:
:popcorn:

Why am I not surprised that the completly inept dev team gets fired and then, all of a sudden the website, made by the same fired devs is giving security warnings.

Serious accusations there corey, you have some facts to back up these wild claims?
FYI the website(s) have been throwing up these warnings before the "dev team" got fired, and as someone else has said these are often associated with external ad services.
why a site like nextisland has or needs advertising is a better question maybe?

p.s. whining and complaining about the people running a PP what will your dear leader think?? or is it ok because they have been let go and making a scapegoat of the employees is then acceptable? :D

Accessing nextisland.com Security Essentials blocks this trojan.

Odds are the blog software

odds are the blog software has been hacked and malware dropped in it. Happens so often in the interweb its sad.

Whomever is in charge should simply check the delveoper for updates or fixes .... or use something else.

The fact that this goes on for so long shows in what shape NI is.

:(

Serious accusations there corey, you have some facts to back up these wild claims?
FYI the website(s) have been throwing up these warnings before the "dev team" got fired, and as someone else has said these are often associated with external ad services.
why a site like nextisland has or needs advertising is a better question maybe?

p.s. whining and complaining about the people running a PP what will your dear leader think?? or is it ok because they have been let go and making a scapegoat of the employees is then acceptable? :D

No I don't have any facts, all I said is I am "not surprised". And neither am I whining or complaigning about the Dev team. I called them inept. And they where. Although when where still their, I urged people to be patient with them.

No I don't have any facts, all I said is I am "not surprised". And neither am I whining or complaigning about the Dev team. I called them inept. And they where. Although when where still their, I urged people to be patient with them.

oh so the sort of unfounded accusations that you complain about normally, maybe i should wonder out loud why this thread hasnt been closed yet ;))

oh so the sort of unfounded accusations that you complain about normally, maybe i should wonder out loud why this thread hasnt been closed yet ;))

I didn't make an accusation. No where there do I say anything that is untrue. I said;
The dev team got fired(fact)
The website is now giving security warnings(fact)
I am not surprised.

Nowhere did I make an accusation.

Why should a thread be closed that is bringing much needed attention to the fact that a offical eu website is distributing malicous software?

I was wondering that myself. :scratch:

Just realised something, the client loader has links to this website, so further risk of people getting infected :(

Why should a thread be closed that is bringing much needed attention to the fact that a offical eu website is distributing malicous software?

I was wondering that myself. :scratch:

sorry, just a little joke about him calling for one thread with "baseless accusations" to be closed while at the same time making them himself in another thread :)

Back