Be creative - 450 PED prize pool

Starfinder

Elite
Society
Planet Express
Ms. Kazzza 'Starfinder' Milla
On Entropia Life the soc section of the site has been missing for quite some time.
Yesterday I started working on this system - and the first part was to make it so any soc can make their own "presentation page" on Entropia Life.

So, now its time for you artistic people to make your own soc's presentation page.
As a small incentitive to make the best looking soc page, we are offering a prize of 250 PED for the best looking soc page, 125 PED for the second best looking - and 75 PED for the thirs best looking soc page.

Entry fee:
Free

Prizes:
1. 250 PED
2. 125 PED
3. 75 PED

Duration:
04-08-2012 -> 1.sep 2012 20:00 MA

Judges:
Starfinder + BIG industries
(Ofcourse, our respective soc's can not win the competition)

Winner:
The cash prize will be paied to the soc leader of the soc who has won a prize.
It is up to the soc leader (as registered on Entropia Life) to give the cash prize to the designer, or split the prize up within the soc.

Requests:
If you would like the system to be able to do more things (right now you can get latest globals or soc member list by inserting code snippets on the page) - please post the requests in this thread.

Here's two pics of how the editing looks + the result.
Editor:
socEdit.jpg

Result:
socPage.jpg

Post your soc link as such:
http://www.entropialife.com/soc.aspx?M=viewSoc&socID=196 So I know which soc to look at.

The final judgment will happen on 1.sep 2012 20:00 MA time. After which point the winners will be announced in this thread.

Last edited:
Any chance of extending the deadline? We'd like to try putting an entry in but a week isn't long to get it organised.

That's not one week, it's 3 months. ;)

4-8-2012 rest of world 8-4-2012 united states
day,month,year-------month,day,year

2 weeks is enough for me, more than that is welcome too I guess.

subscribing :)

Little bump.... :)

Last chance bump...

CRT have a very nooby page, but you can find link to our rescue chat there at least:)

If you would like to enter the competition - please provide a link to your soc page. :)

Very good soc pages. I'd like to know how some of that stuff was made.

Let's give it a try ourselves:
Utopia

Very good soc pages. I'd like to know how some of that stuff was made.
Our graphics were made drunk in couple hours during one night without an idea of what to do, text content was from our soc leader Ron if i'm not badly mistaken.
If i may give some constructive criticism, your page lags a bit of content, would be nice to know about the soc :)

Our graphics were made drunk in couple hours during one night without an idea of what to do, text content was from our soc leader Ron if i'm not badly mistaken.
If i may give some constructive criticism, your page lags a bit of content, would be nice to know about the soc :)

Thanks for the sugestion.

Unfortunately I'm not the man in charge, and all content will have to come from higher ranks. We'll probably reshape it briefly. The contest ends in a bit though :)

Ladies and gentlemen, we have found our 3 winners. :)

The event winner is: Dark Knights Squires
Dark Knight Squires was selected for the awesome artwork that seamlessly blends in with the rest of the Entropia Life site, the extensive information about the soc - especially the application info!
And least but not least the usage of both the automatic member list and latest globals.

250 PED heading your way!

First runner up (2. place): Survival program
We had a bit of a discussion if Survival program should win, or if it should be DKS.
While we liked the DKS soc page enough to say they should win, we clearly liked the graphics of Survival program better - for the better usage of more colors in the graphics.

We had to start nit-picking before we could decide on the winner, and one thing was a bit misplaced on the Survial Program page. The Entropia Universe image dident fit in (round corners on the top graphics, but not on the Entropia Universe image) and the image is not a link. So - for us that dragged the overall design down a bit.

125 PED heading your way Survival Program!

Second runner up (3. place): Utopia
For the last prize giving place had had two contenders to choose from. One was Darksteel Enterprises and the other was Utopia.
We had a discussion amongst the judges if we should award the prize to Darksteelfor usage of the "Entropia" bckground for the entire page, or if we should award it to Utopia. The choice fell on Utopia since they uses a custom logo instead of the Entropia Universe "planet image" - as well as their usage of the "latest global" tag.

75 PED heading your way Utopia!

----------------------------------
We will contact the soc leaders on Entropia Life to arrange for delivery of the gold. :)

Thenk you all for participating - and congratz to the winners!!

Thank you and grats, jdegre told me I could get the prize directly, but feel free to talk to him first :)

Gratz to everybody who took the time to participate :yay:

Every soc should costumize their entropialife page.

Really :)

Back