EU Karma

Peezle

Prowler
Banned
Society
Meezle
Peezle Peez McPee
Hi everyone.

Now I have seen a lot of threads about 'who is the richest, the most skilled, has the best gear' etc. Frankly, that stuff has a place here but it bores me.

Personally, I like more gentle, thoughtful, communal threads. So here we go.

As an avid crafter, I drop hundreds of bps around the game - at the crafting machine, when out hunting - wherever.

I don't think about this usually, just a necessity often. But sometimes I wonder how helpful it might be for some poor soul who comes across 5 - 10 ped ( not all bps have 1 pec value ) . I wonder also how much this has made a difference between being frustrated and having something to do ingame.

For instance, I started out non-depositing for a little bit at first,got up enough for a gun, but came up short 45 pec. So, I asked for it in all-chat - not thinking it was begging at the time ( naive ) and got it. Awesome.

I hope that good karma came back to that kindly ava. It has to me, in mysterious ways.

In life, it is the little things that usually matter most

Happy gaming all :tiphat:

Don't try so hard to be cool but to be you - that is harder and better. Anyone can be cool, but to be you is tough

Last edited:
I spent between 20-25k on events for my soc mates and for events on a story line i ran a few years back and also gave out alot of peds too freinds too keep them in hunting guns and ammo, I got nothing in return (apart from the joy i gave my freinds) so heres hoping MA been saving my karma up for my return too playing :D cause i sure as hell aint gona spend any $ apart from on my greedy self ;)

As Scooter said long time ago in a song .

it is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice

:monkey::dance::clap::dance::monkey:

This is an excellent phrase, which warms the heart of anyone who isn't dead. Thanks

A few weeks ago I met a cosmic hunter in space, she said that she only went out to space hunting cosmics because of one of my threads in PCF. I was so chuffed, I gave this avatar a brand new Quad (L) for their bravery going to PVP lootable to hunt. (I had 3 quads on me)

Generosity all depends on peds at the time, I was doing ok that week.

Also I ran a rookie gun Atrox hunt recently, and gave everyone that wanted one a brand new rookie gun from tt. Only a ped or so per gun, but good karma I guess.

I’d like to think good natural karma comes around, although I rarely give to beggers.

When very low on peds however, I’m as tight as they come.

Rick

that is indeed quite a communal thread you opened here peez!

This game does have an exceptional community!

and within those few months I been playing this game there been plenty of situations when I was allowed to experience that. just two examples:

a guy called tinker came up to me at eurus when i was noob (1.5 weeks in game) and just gave me some items he crafted worth about 12ped. I was really confused since I dont expected to get anything for free... + I was really happy because that was quite some ped back then and before I had a bankroll appropriate for doing anything in EU (except sweating/ swunting puny).

When there was this revive bug a few months ago I had tough times to get anywhere on caly since i did not own a vehicle at that time. By coincidence I did meet an avatar named pmaniac at a day I stranded at a random outpost. That ava was not only willing to fly me to the next tp, he also offered to show me twins and nea's place. Later on he became my mentor and did help me out big time. He did make me understand the game a lot better/getting into it and also did help my a lot when borrowing me some gear. Without his initiative + all of his advice I would be broke by now and possibly wont be ingame anymore.

I am very happy and agreeably surprised to see alot of these things to happen in an universe with a rce!

I will never forget about those two situations I experienced and try to give something back whenever there is an opportunity. I dont know in what precise way that kind of behaviour will have an impact on my karma since karma is such an elusive thingy. But I am of the opinion that we all definitely win something when thinking about our own karma every once in a while.

ps. whilst thinking about karma, those perception gains in mining did come to my mind... :rolleyes:

I purchased a quad (back when they were 550peds, damn has the market changed lol) for a disciple who had irl health issues and money issues, so that they could start the taxi service he was dreaming of :).

Last week I bought some Karabook hide out of a noob, just a few PED, I throw in a pair of boots in the trade windows since the ava was barefooted. I often place BPs on ground, help with TP runs, buying sweat or other noob resources just to help out. Andonce and then throw in some clothing or a weapon I otherwise should had TTed. I think this is good for my avatarkarma and the owerall feeling for newcommers.
But I have a golden rule:

"A gift is something you get, not something you ask for!"

one of my disciples was grateful I helped him out, a couple of years after he graduated, he gave me a cognac coat as a gift. I still wear it today! Thx Warrior02 !

one of my disciples was grateful I helped him out, a couple of years after he graduated, he gave me a cognac coat as a gift. I still wear it today! Thx Warrior02 !

I think that is good evidence of EU Karma:)

It's not so much about the noticable rewards but more the fact you are in the game to win ( yes we all want that ) but that you played a part in keeping it all alive. By 'it' I mean the game, but something else... something harder to touch... other people's trust in unknown others.

This to me is priceless.

I think that is good evidence of EU Karma:)

It's not so much about the noticable rewards but more the fact you are in the game to win ( yes we all want that ) but that you played a part in keeping it all alive. By 'it' I mean the game, but something else... something harder to touch... other people's trust in unknown others.

This to me is priceless.
Enjoy, and continue to Enjoy , any luck since;)
Keep your enemy close but your enemy closer:)

Your post is Hyper Hyper!

I'd give you more +rep but I must distribute the rep a bit first... just as you are suggesting, spread the love :)

Personally, I don't care for those in desperate need of showing off their attributes, wealth, experience. It is already good enough that they finance the game and let all us underlings play for free. So ok, if this is a side effect of playing this game, I can only give you rich show-offs the proverbial...

whatever

Helping somebody out doesn't usually cost you anything, just a little time and maybe ped or two ammo. Why not help if it's so easy?

Helping beggars is another story, as it's a game nobody here can be in a real trouble. I believe helping a freeloader who's living in a lie gives you bad karma.

However, few days ago i gave a penny for a beggar in RL and caught myself thinking "maybe it helps me with loot..." Looks like hunting profession makes ppl superstitious. :laugh:

Last edited:
I leave a peds/pecs all around PA for newcomers to find. Some of them are in plain sight and have not been found for months! People just run by. ;)

Recenly I found someone leaving gifts in PA: HERE

Helping somebody out doesn't usually cost you anything, just a little time and maybe ped or two ammo. Why not help if it's so easy?

Helping beggars is another story, as it's a game nobody here can be in a real trouble. I believe helping a freeloader who's living in a lie gives you bad karma.

However, few days ago i gave a penny for a beggar in RL and caught myself thinking "maybe it helps me with loot..." Looks like hunting profession makes ppl superstitious. :laugh:

I learnt as a boy from my father whilst living in Penang 'not all that it seems is as it is seen'

One day walking down 'Rope Walk' 1970 whilst hunting old Colonial antiquites with my Dad, a man advanced in quite a dishevelled state and holding his hand out for money!
He appeared quite mad with black tape on his wrist, a patina of dirt on his skin and and a long Chinese style goatee beard on his chin.
With trepidation, as I was only 8 years old, I observed my old mans responses.
Can I buy you some food in response to the begging with attempt to enlist assitance of shop owners to interperet and assist was met with mouth's shut fast.
Nothing happened really and the goatee'd man went off into the horizon and my father proceeded to bargain for several antiquites that he purchased.
On return to our Datsun Fairlady, parked on an adjacent street, we observed the goateed man to enter a brand new Mercedes Benz Deisel as the pasenger with Chauffeur.

Make of this what you want, I know what I make of it:)

OP made me think about two things:
- What goes around, comes around (the very definition of karma, I believe), and
- Paying it forward.

Finding random dropped stuff surely can put a smile on someones face, but without the deeper understanding of why what was found was put there in the first place (*), there's little understanding in the reason to paying it forward.

If you today help some newcomer(s, or maybe even not that new) in any way or form, chances are they will remember you and your good deed(s) and hopefully they themselves - once they grow up - will mimic that behavior, remembering how it did benefit them.

If you help two, and they help two more, with 100% retention we'd soon be a happy EU family of 32,768 helpful avatars. :)

Joking aside, I believe this is one of the vital ingredients EU needs to survive, because the "gaming/gambling" aspects of it (the three "activities" MA supplies) are more of a cut-throat dog-eats-dog environment.

(*) To me, random BP drops are mainly a way to get rid of what's effectively worthless and it simply feels wrong to tt (compare to fragments from hunting).

Me and my family plan on buying a land area sometime this year. We plan including a weekly free treasure hunt component for those down there luck. I dont know if this counts since its not in game yet ofc.

Parable

I see very few have reflections worth discussing...

(*) To me, random BP drops are mainly a way to get rid of what's effectively worthless and it simply feels wrong to tt (compare to fragments from hunting).

Picking up on your footnote for a moment.

It is easier to drop them into the TT than dump them 50 or 60 at a time in the wilderness. To me, it is usually about losing items when hunting so I can run fast, but the thought comes back about such things. What might this mean to some poor luckless soul wandering about and gets to find 5 - 10 ped so they can do something? ( often these bps have 12 pec+ value ).

A gift given directly is more about feel-good for the giver. A random drop has another quality. The Karma part comes in when we add something to another's game / life without knowing who they are and what they make of it. Not making any profound point here, just wondering. And yes, Karma comes back. I once saw a string of pecs in the desert that said 'Be happy'. I picked them up. I was happier because of the message, not the pecs.

Back