Disciple Scammers/Farmers - Solution Suggestion

Good idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3-J

Prowler
Benevolent 3J Afterdark
It seems to me that disciples taking advantage of the mentor system is becoming pretty common. I have spent quite a bit of time personally helping "newbies" after they add me as a mentor, only to have them delete me shortly after I deny them freebies and handouts.

I am pretty sure it is not because I am a bad mentor, I always shared a lot of good game knowledge with them and answered all of their questions as well as taken them on interstellar flights and TP runs for free.

A simple solution to this problem would be to limit the amount of times that a disciple can add a mentor within a given time period. One per month would work. This would encourage some dialog before the prospective disciple makes his mentor selection and prevent 'scammers/farmers' from simply trying to get free stuff from as many mentors as possible while limiting the amount of time wasted by the mentors honestly trying to help new players.

Good idea?

Bad idea?

I have also run into this several times.

The avatar will tell u he has a new society, and how he helps his new players, then states he is going to have a friend mentor him after he finds out you will give them no free items.

One of the best ways around this is to state clearly on the mentor register that you offer the best info in game, BUT YOU DO NOT GIVE OUT PED.

Also pay attention to what questions your "new" players ask, if they don't have a lot of questions, that should be a red flag for you.

I think adding a time limit will just cause them to create even more new avatars to use in their quest for free ped.

I think adding a time limit will just cause them to create even more new avatars to use in their quest for free ped.

That is another problem altogether... however I think making it as hard as possible is better than keeping it easy. :yup:

Why not give every new avatar the chance to get just 1 mentor. So a disciple can fire a mentor, but after that he cannot choose another anymore. He's a free man, but didn't graduate.

That way a disciple should pick his mentor very carefully and makes it more personal.

Reactions: 3-J
Good idea

Another idea of mine is:

When a mentor tries to add a disciple, a info window pops up that tells the mentor info about the disciple. Have he left any mentors recently? Yes? wow, 17 mentors in 1 weeks?

I wouldn't accept that guy.... I wouldn't even accept someone who changed mentor twice or maybe three times without a damn good explanation

Good idea

Another idea of mine is:

When a mentor tries to add a disciple, a info window pops up that tells the mentor info about the disciple. Have he left any mentors recently? Yes? wow, 17 mentors in 1 weeks?

I wouldn't accept that guy.... I wouldn't even accept someone who changed mentor twice or maybe three times without a damn good explanation

I like that idea too, the info could also include how long they've played... where they are from, etc etc

Back