England.... WTF?

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Scotland impressed the hell out of me one year with a lone hunter declaring "I'll fight 'em on my own if I have to (tae?)". Brazil fielded a team of 3 novices before now. Serbia WON A MATCH with a single player on their team.

ENGLAND, who have WON the WOF in 2008 (and were the only winners EVER to recieve winner's T-shirts), have a rich tradition of EU players doing well, they just showed the entire world how good they are at taking part in team events.... but where's the 2012 WoF England team?

Hoping they're just planning a big entrance.

Hurrikane

:cheer:!! COME ON ENGLAND !! :cheer:

Sadly, probably won't happen because there isn't enough enthusiasm around these days amongst the 'old school' WoF Englanders to get the ball rolling.

At best I reckon a token attempt by a few brave souls with some peds to lose.

Such is [virtual] life: the WoF is dynamic too it would seem.

Thank you Kev for those rousing words of support. You should be a motivational speaker.

Now, anyone wanna come shoot stuff? For Queen and Country? Or what?

Hurrikane

Maybe you should look at a "Team GB" rather than individual countries similar to BeNeLux and D-A-CH?

Sorry for going off-topic bro, but what and what player was that if you remember? :)

I'll never forget:) Max Maxa Freezer went out for Serbia against Amethera. Amethera were having some real bad luck but had three players and a few support I think. Both scored 5 points, and as a solo player recieves a 10-point bonus for blatant heroism, the result was Serbia 15, Amethera 5. Think it was in the early rounds of 2008.

Teams Tibet and Uzbekistan were basically one or two heavy-hitting guys with big guns and a couple of friends fapping, both made it to the later stages but lost out when support was needed. It's all about the taking part.

Hurrikane

I would like to see a Team UK. C'mon folks!

Maybe you should look at a "Team GB" rather than individual countries similar to BeNeLux and D-A-CH?

i have to say the presence of such teams reduced my enthusiasm for the event in the past years. certainly i think the politics this proposal has disrupted British nations preparing as some expected a Team GB and didnt want to be in that.

Hahaha, Uzbekistan.. That was me and Looser laughing it out :p

Imo it kinda sucks that support play such a huge role in this event... That just makes it about who has the most friends/asslickers.
Support should play a role, but not such a big one imo.

/Faith

I'll never forget:) Max Maxa Freezer went out for Serbia against Amethera. Amethera were having some real bad luck but had three players and a few support I think. Both scored 5 points, and as a solo player recieves a 10-point bonus for blatant heroism, the result was Serbia 15, Amethera 5. Think it was in the early rounds of 2008.

Teams Tibet and Uzbekistan were basically one or two heavy-hitting guys with big guns and a couple of friends fapping, both made it to the later stages but lost out when support was needed. It's all about the taking part.

Hurrikane

Hahaha, Uzbekistan.. That was me and Looser laughing it out :p

Imo it kinda sucks that support play such a huge role in this event... That just makes it about who has the most friends/asslickers.
Support should play a role, but not such a big one imo.

/Faith

I agree tbh, and it's the main reason why countries choose to group together. Team South Africa has no chance against the support teams of countries like Australia or USA, but Team Africa might.

Thank you Kev for those rousing words of support. You should be a motivational speaker.

Hurrikane you are being sarcastic me thinks? :silly2:

I have heard of such a syndrome:

But seriously, I think your jibe was unfair given my past motivational efforts in support of WoF England (eg. in our Private Forum as well as in-game and in public forums).

Lately though I've just become bored with EU (rather than the WoF specifically) and I think something in-game has to change significantly to re-kindle my lost enthusiasm.

Maybe that's it with the other England guys too, I'd be interested to know?

Hurrikane you are being sarcastic me thinks? :silly2:

I have heard of such a syndrome:

But seriously, I think your jibe was unfair given my past motivational efforts in support of WoF England (eg. in our Private Forum as well as in-game and in public forums).

Lately though I've just become bored with EU (rather than the WoF specifically) and I think something in-game has to change significantly to re-kindle my lost enthusiasm.

Maybe that's it with the other England guys too, I'd be interested to know?

Maybe what you need is some sort of massive tournament that gets even bigger when people don't get all negative in public.

Maybe what you need is some sort of massive tournament that gets even bigger when people don't get all negative in public.

I was actually having a re-think and considering having a go.

Only asked one of our regulars so far but he said he was 100% no longer interested in the WoF as it is now.

So the negativity isn't all coming from me Hurri and it would have been easier for me to not bother posting at all in your thread.

If EU and the WoF was still fun and affordable then we wouldn't have to beg people to sign up would we?

I was actually having a re-think and considering having a go.

Goodluck Kev :)

I have also been intouch with others maybe they will change there mind too :wtg:

Quite glad I didn't let my earlier shitty mood intrude more into my reply. Good work.

Hurrikane

No problem Hurri, I know this competition is your 'baby' and you're very attached to it.

I did a complete about-turn.

Instead of seeing EU and the WoF as not being fun enough any more I asked myself 'can I have fun doing this?'.

EU and the WoF are far from perfect but so is real life: it's one's attitude that makes the difference.

And you're right, WoF England does have a proud history in your competition so it would be a shame to forget all the fun we had back then and turn out backs against having more fun.

Does anyone here remember laughter? :D

Please sign up for WoF England 2012 here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Team-England&p=2911211&viewfull=1#post2911211

Seems Enlgand is having more luck than Scotland, we have players saying yes but no one online to take control so far. And sadly i'll have to step back for support roll due to lack of peds for a bit.

I know it is a killer when we cant hunt in our own teams but sometimes needs must and we get together for a bigger killing party :) Show USA how good GB is :)

I will now do my part to spur on england :)

C'mon ya gutless pommie bastards!!!!

dont thank me, the pleasure was all mine :)

Back