WoF Scoring: How it works.

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
WoF SCORING​

Hi, this is a reminder of how your team scores points and wins matches in the WoF.

Globals:

Globalling on the mobs on the current Moblist is the main way to get points.
Each mob has a different score attached to it, from 1 point to 10 points and also a 25 point Bonus Mob (which can only be scored on once per team per match.) Support have the Mobs that score from 1-4 and the Main Team score on the Mobs that are worth between 5 and 10 points. Either Support or Main can claim the Bonus Mob (but not both).

Bonuses:

HoF: If either Main or Support get a HOF on a listed mob, the score for that kill is doubled (i.e. a 7 point mob becomes 14 points, a HoF on the Bonus Mob becomes 50 points).

Susan 113 Smith Bonus: A "Susan" is awarded when a global worth 113 PED is scored, and is worth the same as a HoF. (This bonus is in Honour of Susan 113 Smith, a young woman taken from us too soon)

Variety:
Main and Support are both rewarded for the variety of Mobs they global on.
It works like this: Main and Support normally each have 4 different Mobs to hunt. Maturities are not a factor here, only species.
Kill 1 type of mob=no Variety Bonus. Kill 2 mobs=10 points added at end of match. Kill 3 mobs=25 points added at end of match. Kill 4 mobs=50 points added at end of match.
In cases where Support only hunt 3 mobs (with one split for maturity) then the Support Variety bonus stops at 25, although most moblists will feature 4 mobs.

Sweep: The Sweep Bonus is for those SO good at getting the variety that they manage to score at least one of EVERY POSSIBLE (non-bonus) SCORE: A 1 point mob, 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 point mobs AND the Bonus Mob.
This requires the entire moblist to have been scored on; Main teams with incomplete support can hunt Support Mobs for the purpose of this bonus, but cannot score on them individually. The Sweep scores 75 points.

Loot: In matches against opponents, the highest Loot total of the Main Team Globals (and Support in the event of a tie) gives a Bonus of 15 points (not much, but can swing a close match).

Win Bonus:
In matches against opponents during Group Stages (Stage 3, Stage 4), a win against your rivals grants you 100 points towards your Stage Total.

ATH: If Support ATH, the Support Score Total is doubled at the end of the match.
If a Main Team ATH's the entire score for that Nation is doubled at the end of the match (Note; neither ATH scenario has ever happened).

Solo Hunter Bonus: Any hunter stepping out for their Nation without team-Mates is granted a 10-point head start.

Penalties:

Cheating: Disqualification (and vilification)

MIA: At the end of each match the Main Team should return to the Start/Finish Point, within 10 minutes of the Judge calling STOP. -10 points for each member not back, unless a widespread fault has caused it (servers down or similar).

Start/Finish Point for Stage 1
announced soon by the way.

Any questions, please PM me or post here.

Hurrikane

I got questions regarding cap and bonus mob:

First, let's say cap is 100, and support has reached the cap, not counting the bonus mob.

a) If support team gets the bonus mob, will it go outside of the cap?

b) If it doesn't, I guess it doesn't matter in which order mobs are killed, so if it's killed by support at end of match, team won't get any score (above the cap) but they will get swep bonuses at least?

c) If first support team gets the bonus-mob (let's say it's done to complete the sweep knowing support is about to get capped), but then someone in mainteam also gets the bonusmob (for the bonusmob score), will the (support)team get credited for the sweep and mainteam get credited for the bonusmob score, or will it get forfeited as bonus mob only counts once and it was support that got it first? Or if both support and mainteam gets bonusmob, will the kill made by main take precendance (so main team kill is counted fully and support team kill doesn't count at all)?

I got questions regarding cap and bonus mob:

First, let's say cap is 100, and support has reached the cap, not counting the bonus mob.

a) If support team gets the bonus mob, will it go outside of the cap?

b) If it doesn't, I guess it doesn't matter in which order mobs are killed, so if it's killed by support at end of match, team won't get any score (above the cap) but they will get swep bonuses at least?

c) If first support team gets the bonus-mob (let's say it's done to complete the sweep knowing support is about to get capped), but then someone in mainteam also gets the bonusmob (for the bonusmob score), will the (support)team get credited for the sweep and mainteam get credited for the bonusmob score, or will it get forfeited as bonus mob only counts once and it was support that got it first? Or if both support and mainteam gets bonusmob, will the kill made by main take precendance (so main team kill is counted fully and support team kill doesn't count at all)?

a) Bonus Mob does not count for Cap, i.e. support reaching cap =100, support reach cap and get bonus mob=125.
b) as above.
c) The sweep is a bonus claimed by the whole team, main AND support. In the case of 'duplicate' Bonus mob globals, the first one always counts, all others are invalid (what we judges call a Wrob:= wrong mob.)

Hope this helps.

Hurrikane

Thanks Hurrikane :)

Solo Hunter Bonus: Any hunter stepping out for their Nation without team-Mates is granted a 10-point head start.

Can you explain how this works ?

Can you explain how this works ?

I guess its if Team Antarktis has only 1 WoF participant, he gets a 10points bonus head start.

If main team globals on support mobs do they count for the variaty?
If main team globals on support mobs do they count for the sweep?

If support team globals on main mobs do they count for the variaty?
If support team globals on main mobs do they count for the sweep?

I realize the normal points arent awarded for these globals, but are they counted towards sweep and variaty bonuses?

thanks,

narfi

If main team globals on support mobs do they count for the variaty?
If main team globals on support mobs do they count for the sweep?

If support team globals on main mobs do they count for the variaty?
If support team globals on main mobs do they count for the sweep?

I realize the normal points arent awarded for these globals, but are they counted towards sweep and variaty bonuses?

thanks,

narfi

If the Main Team globals on Support Mobs then those Mobs can be 'ticked off' the list for the Sweep. They earn no points themselves. No Variety Bonus is awarded either.

The Sweep can be achieved in this way to allow very small teams with no Support a chance at some bonus points.

If Support globals on Main Team Mobs it does not count for anything.

Hope this helps.

Hurrikane

/Delete this

MIA I thought the rule this year was ONLY 1 MAIN team had to be back?

Here you say all of main needs to return to start or get penalty

WoF SCORING​

MIA: At the end of each match the Main Team should return to the Start/Finish Point, within 10 minutes of the Judge calling STOP. -10 points for each member not back, unless a widespread fault has caused it (servers down or similar).

Start/Finish Point for Stage 1
announced soon by the way.

Any questions, please PM me or post here.

Hurrikane

Yet in the Rules thread for this year you said:

WoF SCORING​
MIA: The penalty for not returning to the Start/Finish Point in full has been stopped. Now only the Captain or one of the team need return within a reasonable time (15 minutes max) to hear the scores, although for the spirit of the event it's always nice to see you all back winding each other up about the scores. If no-one returns due to technical problems or other reasons then the team concerned will have to check their scores on the Forum later.

Would you please let us know which one is correct?

The the MIA penalty has been removed in the thread entitled WOF 2014 Rules, I daresay that is the correct rules for THIS year.

This thread is from WOF 2012 sub-forum, and was bumped for some unknown reason. The rules from 2012 do not apply; ONLY the rules listed for 2014 apply.

The the MIA penalty has been removed in the thread entitled WOF 2014 Rules, I daresay that is the correct rules for THIS year.

This thread is from WOF 2012 sub-forum, and was bumped for some unknown reason. The rules from 2012 do not apply; ONLY the rules listed for 2014 apply.

Yep I see now missed the 2012 part, Sorry I see someone drug up and old post and made it look like Hurricane just posted it and made it current.

Oops, sorry, didn't look close before typing :facepalm:

Yup, took it off. Was a pain to enforce and not nice for those who ctd'd.

Hurrikane

Back