Preview of August 21 release?

Very well, how about mining finders? They will now remember what resources you were searching for even when you switch tools.

Good start :)

I remember the complaints from this about a year ago or so when mining was reintroduced with singular finders and amps....

Guess what guys, Taming & Fishing eta 12 months.

BIG REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE to the underlaying RCE engine ... yes I speak of loot ! ETA 1.0 years ! :wise:

PS. You can take 1.0 to mean, 1 year or 10 years or even for our 10th aniversary year :wtg: :tongue2:

how about...why change a system that have worked so well for ppl...? and instead add a few "treasure mining finders " that uses resources from the planet that uses treasure finding..

I still do not understand why people have such a problem with this change... What could possibly be that bad about it? :confused:

I loved the fact that my finder could suddenly do both ore and enmatter, and it lowers the treshold for newer players trying to get into mining (as they only need one finder, one extractor, one refiner).

I still do not understand why people have such a problem with this change... What could possibly be that bad about it? :confused:

I assume in that case:

1. You only ever search for ore, or enmatter, or treasure in any run (not all three), so never needing to change between mining types during a run.

2. If you DO search for more than one type, you only ever use the same finder for all - even tho you may want to search for a 'shallow' enmatter and a 'deep' ore in the same run.

3. If you search for more than one type, you use the same finder for enmat, ore and treasure (even tho you might have quite different levels in each profession).

4. If you search for more than one type, you want to amp for all types using the same amp.

And I'm sure there are many miners who do that. :)

I however do not. I'm very selective about using the best finder (I carry 4 atm for different search depths) for what I hope to find in an area (I keep extensive records so I've got a pretty good idea what's there before I start) for each of enmatter/ore/treasure, and also selectively amping.

At the moment, for each drop, I have to re-select the mining type to search for. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So thanks Kim, the change will be much appreciated :)

how about...why change a system that have worked so well for ppl...? and instead add a few "treasure mining finders " that uses resources from the planet that uses treasure finding..

or is that a new thing... if ppl like it...lets change it.. if ppl dislike it...lets keep it.. frankly the new mining shit sucks

It would have been far easier to add treasure hunting finders but what happens down the road when there are 20 planet partners and each one wants their own resource with new tools? Then it could get a bit too complex and the database would be swamped with massive amounts of virtually identical mining tools.

It would have been far easier to add treasure hunting finders but what happens down the road when there are 20 planet partners and each one wants their own resource with new tools? Then it could get a bit too complex and the database would be swamped with massive amounts of virtually identical mining tools.

20 planet partners ? tell us more plz :popcorn:

At the moment, for each drop, I have to re-select the mining type to search for. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So thanks Kim, the change will be much appreciated :)

you are not the only one :)

oki fair enough.. BUT wouldnt it be better for the economy if indeed new finders for a specific mining tasks were added. like make use for resources in the game.. cuz in the end its the backbone of EU... stuff need to get used and stuff need to be in demand to have a wealthy economy...

on a side note ^^ MA should never have allowed hunters to loot (L) weapons / armors / faps.. and make them loot stuff needed to craft all kinds of stuff.. also mixing hunting / mining loot in ALL Bp´s.
just take flare filters as a exampel it had good use and good MU.. sure i cant rly tell a crafters point of view when it come to flare.. it feels like that was one good way of having "needed" stuff in loot. that could be used for both armor and weapon

well well well...
does this mean that if I have a shallow finder for enmatter and a different one for ores, then each individual finder will remember what I want it for without me reclicking - also when I log off and on?

This must rank as one of the biggest little improvements of all time....

Frankly, I believe I must have understood something wrong, as what seems sensible to me is almost never what gets implemented. On the other hand, ANY time I have seen a positive change, there has been a bigger change for the worse somewhere else.. at least it seems so to me.

Note: this post is a bit like people taking an umbrella out on a walk with them while the sun is shining - it is a sort of superstition that something always goes less than optimally, and they would prefer to stay dry but have had to carry the umbrella around needlessly. It is the lesser evil of their superstitions ;)

So I'm filled with a lack of hope of anything being done right in this vu in the express hope that I am wrong and that I worried needlessly. Unfortunately, with MA's umbrella, every time I take it with me, it does indeed rain! Oh well! :eyecrazy:

The release has been delayed until Wednesday (possibly longer).

Thanks, that's a fast reply. Keep the good communication please. hope delay is because some surprise needs more time to process :yay:

It's OK we can wait a little longer just don't break anything :)

Can you please get that through your Dad's head that we have way to many items as it is. There should be a Ratio of Unique items to number of active players and it should be kept to that. Thats why back in the old days the economy was so much stronger. You had like maybe 20 stacks of stuff in your storage not 200!

Very well, how about mining finders? They will now remember what resources you were searching for even when you switch tools.

Can this be done with the map as well, so I don't have to maximize and move it every time I open it ??

Can you please get that through your Dad's head that we have way to many items as it is. There should be a Ratio of Unique items to number of active players and it should be kept to that. Thats why back in the old days the economy was so much stronger. You had like maybe 20 stacks of stuff in your storage not 200!

The planet partners are the ones who would like there version of tools, weapons, and whatnots. This helps with the uniqueness for each planet and many times follows a story line.

In the end, these planets are just seperate games within the universe we call Entropia. Once the PP's start their advertisments, each planet will have enough people to use these items. For me, I have found that some of my old items are not as good as the newer ones coming out. I for one use only the Arkadia weapons atm. I will see what Cyrene has to offer when its fully online. Then when Toulan and Theyron Wars comes out, I will check there tools and weapons. ;)

Also, when im on any spacific planet, I leave the stackables and other things there. I find I really don't need to bring the ores from Cyrene back to Calypso, or other planet ores to any other planet.

Maybe it's just me.. I do understand what your trying to say. It would help the economy alot more becuase as of now, there is more supply then demand. It's about the seperate games. I think it's still hard for people to understand that is what the planets are. They are their own seperate entities. Maybe the suggestion of having each planets own markup history would help alot more. Not sure.. :ahh:

Can this be done with the map as well, so I don't have to maximize and move it every time I open it ??

And while you're at it, maybe it's finally time to add bookmarks/favorites section to the teleporter interface, so people wouldn't have to scroll that huge list all the time searching for a handful of their usual destinations? I've had no reasons to go to 2/3 of those places for months, if ever, but have to dig through them hundred times a day.

Since you ask so nicely I just have to give you a little something. We have re-designed the standard atmospheric and lighting settings for all the Calypso areas. So what does that really mean? Well for example we've shortened the day cycle from 5 to 2 hours and the nights have been made a bit less dark so you won't have to play in total darkness anymore.

That is good news :))

It's about real time invested by participant in something that was always promised to be the fourth profession.

Wait what? Begging your pardon, but could you reference as to when this has always been promised (from gold until now)? :confused:

*Cough* Crafting *Cough*

The planet partners are the ones who would like there version of tools, weapons, and whatnots. This helps with the uniqueness for each planet and many times follows a story line.

In the end, these planets are just seperate games within the universe we call Entropia. Once the PP's start their advertisments, each planet will have enough people to use these items. For me, I have found that some of my old items are not as good as the newer ones coming out. I for one use only the Arkadia weapons atm. I will see what Cyrene has to offer when its fully online. Then when Toulan and Theyron Wars comes out, I will check there tools and weapons. ;)

Also, when im on any spacific planet, I leave the stackables and other things there. I find I really don't need to bring the ores from Cyrene back to Calypso, or other planet ores to any other planet.

Maybe it's just me.. I do understand what your trying to say. It would help the economy alot more becuase as of now, there is more supply then demand. It's about the seperate games. I think it's still hard for people to understand that is what the planets are. They are their own seperate entities. Maybe the suggestion of having each planets own markup history would help alot more. Not sure.. :ahh:

Thats the problem though new planets can't retain new players when there is no viable economy. Hence why i say allow it to be added but only when you have more acitive players hence a Ratio that should have been set and stuck to.

A problem I have with the map, is that if I change map (for instance to space) and then switch back, the planet map has become zoomed-out.

Starts to beat Kim up with a smacker and masher 1 just for the fun of it ! haha :smoke:

Because you drank too much on the weekend Kim, bad Kim BAD!

Ok, we are seeing improvements which is good bud, delays which is bad but ok, we are used to it now :tongue2:

Anyway keep up the good work.

Thats the problem though new planets can't retain new players when there is no viable economy. Hence why i say allow it to be added but only when you have more acitive players hence a Ratio that should have been set and stuck to.

Im not sure how you can tell that other planets are having a hard time retaining people. Unless im not seeing something? :scratch2:

So when are the severs going down for today's release, usually a statement from BerthaBot by now????

Back