No Daspletors :(

toad

Stalker
Society
Deagleteam
Christer toad Johansson
I went to FOMA with a soc mate today to hunt daspletors but there are very few, will you start feeding your pets again soon Foma or is that place dead for ever for hunters?

Wow that sucks to hear.....

They got one mob that no other place got, and they ain't getting fed?

Call the animal police!

All mobs up there are at starvation so no pint at all for hunters to go there.

similar problem with cornoanterions here...Dear f.o.m.a, if asteroid is going to be mining only ( not surprised even a bit ) please at least destroy DNA's in domes terminals. That way necesary parts can hit lootpool again and be recreated at some other place on planet later.

MA should just release them into the Calypso wildlife. The asteroid owner clearly doesn't want them.

Last time the same discussion was ongoing, Foma Kalun was in the hospital getting better? Maybe he didn't get better? :(

Last time the same discussion was ongoing, Foma Kalun was in the hospital getting better? Maybe he didn't get better? :(

He did post around that time so i guess he did get better atleast for a while, maybe he got worse again, i hope not.
Anyone here that can get in contact with him outside the forums?

Whats wrong with Foma? Is he sick or is he injured??

he wrote about a serious illness month ago and that he answers still all pms.

last activity on forum is now: 06-21-2012 07:09

wrote him pm some days ago but no answer yet.

hope he gives a lifesign soon.

he wrote about a serious illness month ago and that he answers still all pms.

last activity on forum is now: 06-21-2012 07:09

wrote him pm some days ago but no answer yet.

hope he gives a lifesign soon.

That doesn't sound good :confused::(

I dont know the guy I just hope hes OK!
Did he have any close friends in here Who might have some info about his status?

IF he is indeed not with us anymore, what would happen?

His accounted tt'd after 6 months not logging and then what? MA could make a real deal out of this either putting the domes in auc at the end of the year, or alternatively make a fucking fantastic mayhem out of them :)

Hope he does get better, he pulled some bad shit with Dalas back then, but I wouldn't wish anything a serious illness.

Angel

yeah I'd noticed that the Dasps were depleted :(

Also checked around and was gutted to find the place that I wanted to do Prancer chain... where there was a dome with 2 Pluma (which I need global on still) and 1 Prancer was empty :'( I wanted to kill the whole dome over and over for lots of pluma leather and prancer killpoints.

also the big snables had gone too :'O

Most important thing is that the dewd gets better.

yeah I'd noticed that the Dasps were depleted :(

Also checked around and was gutted to find the place that I wanted to do Prancer chain... where there was a dome with 2 Pluma (which I need global on still) and 1 Prancer was empty :'( I wanted to kill the whole dome over and over for lots of pluma leather and prancer killpoints.

also the big snables had gone too :'O

Most important thing is that the dewd gets better.

I'd say he is dead.

An investment like that being seemingly left untouched for such a long time is more then unusual. Am just wondering whether (if I am right) his benefactors will be contacted by MA or whether the areas are just being sold of in the unforseeable future by MA?

Anyway, if he is dead, RIP, if not get back as some want high maturity dasps :)

Angel

I'd say he is dead.

well if he was seriously ill, he might have had cancer and gone through a bout of chemo. Which, if is the case, he wouldn't feel like doing anything at all to do with the game, or anything else, during the 6 months he'd be having it for. He might be fine now and ready to come back.

I have a distant memmory of him being ill during the deal between him and Neverdie wich made the sale cut up in pieces, correct me if Im wrong here.
So I guess he might be struggleing with an illness. Just hope he comes out ok after all.

I hope he gets better and I hope MA are prepared for a huge withdrawal when he does :)

Can't find an obit online anywhere...and I searched hard. So I assume he is still alive. I hope he is ok...has my best wishes.

Can't find an obit online anywhere...and I searched hard. So I assume he is still alive. I hope he is ok...has my best wishes.

But in reality, how well known is he?

It seems there is not 1 person here on the forum that is close enough to him personally who would know the story otherwise this mystery would have been cleared up.

Maybe he's a pretty private person so obituaries were posted, but for his real name instead of Foma (and the people IRL who know him do not play EU)

I hope he is OK too.

Hopefully MA are trying to contact him or his relatives by now. Maybe FPC could do a little event some time where spawns of Dasps and Cornos come to the planet for a while.

similar problem with cornoanterions here...Dear f.o.m.a, if asteroid is going to be mining only ( not surprised even a bit ) please at least destroy DNA's in domes terminals.

Are you sure they will?

In some cases at least common DNA-parts drops now and then, but as for Cornoanterion or Daspletor I can't rememeber seeing a single one.

I wouldn't let any DNA-part get destroyed until it's very clear that MA will new DNA drop. Maybe if DNA is dropped, MA will either re-imlpement the mobs in an area that's awkward to hunt in (ie because of mob mox), or that it will take months between the DNA is erased (and all mobs killed off in an hour for cornoanterions) and either MA has designed the DNA parts needed and/or have made an area with those mobs.
Also even if DNA is dropped, risk is that someone who gets the rare part says "I won't sell this unless I get xx k peds" (where "xx" is more than any cautionous landowner is willing to pay). I remember somethign simular happen to "foul suction cup" some year ago. For me that ment, thet DNA at Deathifiers landaera didn't reach the critical mass (for me) for that level of mobs, so I never assed myself to try seriously to finish the foul iron mission (and now it's too late as the iron missions practically are dead for me).

But in reality, how well known is he?

It seems there is not 1 person here on the forum that is close enough to him personally who would know the story otherwise this mystery would have been cleared up.

Maybe he's a pretty private person so obituaries were posted, but for his real name instead of Foma (and the people IRL who know him do not play EU)

His real name is Yan Panasjuk. Not too hard to find. Lot of articles about him.

Whats wrong with Foma? Is he sick or is he injured??

His real name is Yan Panasjuk. Not too hard to find. Lot of articles about him.

Since this is a duplicate topic with the same speculations, please refer to the following so we're all on the same page. Hope this helps.

Extracted from my post HERE:

There is no actual evidence that Foma is somehow incapacitated. There is also no evidence that the siutation with mob spawns on FOMA is not exactly like Foma wants it to be.

In response to my contant pestering PM's and threads: RENAME of FOMA deeds, and the subsequent THREAD directed towards devs, John wrote:

Thank you SHard-Angel for PMing me and directing my attention to this thread. As for the renaming issue - i have opened multiple support cases regarding to this issue with the first one dated on December of 2010. So far i am getting- "in progress queue" replies to this as well as removing NeverDie graphics from the Mall and quite a few other old issues. I have even offered to hire graphic artist myself to fix some of this problems.

I DO CARE a lot about Asteroid but can only do so much myself and it can be somewhat hard to get assistance from developers at times(as most of you are well aware of). I will send a new email to my MA contacts with a link to this thread and will post a new reply here as soon as i get it - stay tuned

Please PM me with any other issues that you might find - will be greatly appreciated, due to a life-threatening illness(as some of you know) i have been in hospitals/clinics/doctors for the last 3.5 month already and simply do not have time to scan forums for posts - i do check PM regularly though and reply to all PM's i receive.

My last comms with him was letting him know, "We did it". He was happy to hear it. Haven't spoken since.

Back