How do you say the name of this MOB?

Zanzibarjones

Provider
I have been playing this game for almost 6+ years now and I really need to know how to say the name of some of these MOBs. I mean seriously, how do you pronounce them?
Like:
Caudatergus

(kaw-dat-er-gus) or (kaw-dat-er-jus)

or

Eomon

(oh-men) or (ee-oh-men) or (ee-oh-mon)

I was just thinking about this while hunt Cornundacudas (Korn-nun-da-ku-dus)???

:)

Geek:))

If you start to think even more you would realize that info is useles ( how do you say a mob name)

You don't have any RL fiend next to you when you global in order to say, hey I've just killed a Corn
You just read the name on screnn
Others just read the name on screen

And overall the most important part is next to the mob name, the global/HOF size:)

BTW, there are armors also with strange name - Chelydra

I have been playing this game for almost 6+ years now and I really need to know how to say the name of some of these MOBs. I mean seriously, how do you pronounce them?
Like:
Caudatergus

or

Eomon

always said

ka-u-da-tergus

e-o-mon

corn-unda-cuda

Like:
Caudatergus

or

Eomon

Personally I just call em Caud (pronounced like cod, like the fish irl), Eee!!! Oh Man! (since they are so freaking big), and Corn - Zeus is one of the biggest corn fields in game.

kaw-dat-er-gus, ee-oh-mon, kor-nun-dah-kaw-dah (CornundacAuda)

What really annoys me is when people call Amethera "Amathera" and Ithaca "Ithica" :D

Syer and I refer to corn as... cornahnajndfliauhbdf:eyecrazy::laugh::laugh:

no clue, so just corn

I say

cod-ater-gus

Eee-oh-mon

Corn-un-da-cow-da

:scratch2:

I really dislike when people say RockTopia.... :confused:

Caudatergus.
Kawd-at-er-gus.

Eomon.
ee-oh-mon.

Cornundacauda
Korn-un-dah-kaw-dah.

That's how I say those mobs' names. :silly:

Last edited:
Just give them all your own alternative names. Wallah problem solved :)

For example:
Caud = Little idiot
Eomon = Big idiot
Longtooth = Lunatic
Chelydra = Crazy fool

Could be funny talk in soc chat. I killed 500 little idiots, 1 big ijiot, 5 lunatic and 1 crazy fool :D

Caudatergus:

kaw-da-ter-gus

Eomon:

Eamonn Holmes (because they're both big and fat).

I say them like this:
Cow-da-tergus
E-omon
Core-nunda-cuda

When i am not sure how to say english and non english (in this case swedish) words, i often go to Google translate function to hear the word.
Caudatergus sounds almost exactly the same except the C (and much better than in english) in swedish and in my native language polish.

Hear it here.

I put a post on the Arkadia forums about this very subject. I suggested that it would be a good idea for the mob developement team to put a sticky thread in the beastiary section containing the proper pronounciation of the diffent mob names. They made the mobs, they named them, they must have an intended proper pronounciation for that name. As an additional aid, they could even make a short slideshow-type video with a picture of the mob with the appropriate audio giving the name of said mob.

If all you do, as a player, is deal with the chat box, then this whole issue is a moot point. You can abbreviate the names whatever way you want and the reader will understand. However, some of us use voice chat programs and it would be nice to have a standard pronounciation to use.

my 2 pec

Corn-on-the-cobs. Easy enough for my kids to pronounce "Daddy are you hunting corncobs again?"

Sure it's not properly pronounced, but it makes me grin :)

Like:
Caudatergus

or

Eomon

i read and speak them like this due to RL accent:

- cow-da-terr-gus
- eh-oh-mohn
- core-noon-dahcowdah

:D

Last edited:
Cow-duh-terg-iss

Eeh-min

Always love these threads :laugh:

Cow da for short, never say the full name I'm lazy :silly2:

guessing full version I'd say Cow day ter gus as it's less of a tongue twister for me than Cow da ter gus

Well... it’s supposed to be a latin terminus, obviously. According to general agreement, \ˈkau̇d-ə-ˈtər-gəs\ should be about right. :dunno:

I actually tend to say the names of the MOBs out loud, I have no idea why. My mom was an English teacher, so I guess it's habit.

But I also make up my own names for the ones I can't pronounce,
Cauds are Cau-dij-er-is
Faucervix- False Cervix
Berys- Are Barely Clad
etc

Well... it’s supposed to be a latin terminus, obviously. According to general agreement, \ˈkau̇d-ə-ˈtər-gəs\ should be about right. :dunno:

what he said :yup:
check entropedia for some explanation of the naming and pronounce accordingly. most of ´em are inspired by or are actual latin and thus in almost the same manner spoken as written.

the caudatergus for me is just a two-legged cow :laugh:

Caudatergus.
Kaw-da-ter-gus.

Eomon.
ee-oh-mon.

Cornundacauda
Kor-nun-dah-kow-dah.

hahaha this made me laugh

i have lots of names for mobs that i cant pronunce lol, i was on team teak the other day and was a little embarassed as i realised i must sound stupid with the names i have for mobs haha :D

but i been calling them these names for years so guess that wont change :)

even easy to pronounce mobs i have my own name for them

ill give some examples

armax - i call aramax :D

Berycled - i say berycle :)

Hispidus - my version hispondus

im sure there are more :)

funny thread :)

Sweet thread!! :yay:

Hmm lets see..

Cod-di-tera-gus (Not sure why.. just seems easy for me ;)) And when im chatting on the phone, while hunting with my rl friends, we will yell Oh My Cod, or when we don't get any loot from them.. Cod-damnit!! :D

Corn-na-cod-da

EE-oh-mon

Brr-sic-led (This one for some reason just sounds like it lol) (berry for short)

Exa-sore-us (or with no loot.. extra sore ass.. ;))

His-pi-dus

Era-max

Da-kih-ba (or as my pet is named Killer) ;)

Are-go-nots (argo's for short)

Ch-er-pee (or herpes As you there just everywhere ;)) (or fucking birds) Although the friend I talk to got 45 ped from a young once.. Only makes me hate them more. ;)

and many more.. LOL I use them in my every day life as its funny to watch people go.. huh??!!

Daikiba - Day i ki buh I have always been confused on that one.

Back