mindforce

Foxhound

Young
Darmorel Foxhound Loyalar
With the new Mf changes. Is Mf a good alternative to hunt and skill up with instead of regular guns or melee!

With good I mean Eco. Good enough dmg at later lvls.

Thanks

My disciple is currently skilling up with MF. He started from level 1 and is up just past 10 (I believe) in electrokinesis. He says the eco has been fairly good, and he hasn't lost a lot hunting Argos. He is using a First Gen Electric IV UL.

The issue I see right now is that, as of now, there isn't any big DPS chips for higher skills. The best chip is ~47 DPS. No tiers, no enhancers, no amps... I imagine this has to change though. If you are starting fresh, it'll take a while to get to the point where that matters, so it wouldn't hurt to start now. Hopefully by the time you reach the current damage cap, MA will start dropping more chips.

I've considered skilling MF as well. Less people use MF, meaning that whatever drops will have lower MU than comparable guns because you have less buyers. So when the big chips drop, they won't cost as much as their UL firearm equivalents.

Reactions: Eva
No tiers, no enhancers, no amps...

Ignite chips have good eco and can work kinda like amps (it does dmg-over-time for 10 seconds but you can switch to an attack chip after about 2 seconds, so you can stack the damage from both chips)... However, they only drop from beacons and are therefore quite rare :(

As for eco, MindForce is pretty much on par with the other combat types since the Implant rebalance :) there are no higher level chips at the moment, but it has some special effects (like speed increase from metabolic chips, etc) that I find helpful and fun... Hoping it'll develop into having more great buffs like that :yay:

Some good things about MindForce: It is way more fun than other professions (imo ofc), looks cooler (again, imo) and the skilling feels like its faster than with guns or melee, cheap low level unlimited that actually maxes at a low level, etc

Some bad things: Barely any health gains at all, no higher level damage chips, few unlimited options compared to melee/ranged, many chips are hard to find, chips break quickly, etc

One good reason to skill at least some MindForce is that you can buy a First Gen Electric Attack Chip IV for only like tt+50PED or so (not sure how much atm)... it is repairable, has 13.1 dps at 66 meters range and over 2.8 eco :D

I've considered skilling MF as well. Less people use MF, meaning that whatever drops will have lower MU than comparable guns because you have less buyers. So when the big chips drop, they won't cost as much as their UL firearm equivalents.

The problem with that is the lack of many MindForce chips, and how they have lower TT value than other weapons (they last only about 1000-1500 uses, with a few exceptions like the new nanochips) causing people to either TT many of them or list them at higher markups :(

Last edited:
Well, I imagine MA adding UL SIB chips to the loot pool at some point - negating the issues with TT value versus number of uses. As for HP gains, you can always chip that in.

I do agree that the effects you can apply with certain chips is awesome though, bout time.

With the new Mf changes. Is Mf a good alternative to hunt and skill up with instead of regular guns or melee!

With good I mean Eco. Good enough dmg at later lvls.

Thanks

I ticked over to level 60 electric dam tonight, and into level 50's+ Cryogenics so guess I've got some good insight into Mindforce.

The main advantage MF has over guns for example is the TT value of the chips, even with some MU they are fairly cheap. Take a level V cryogenic attack chip, tt is 41 peds you can buy for around 44 peds (say 110% MU), with that chip you can take down Feff elites, and exsuar stalkers elites easy (assuming you got the skills). Now with a rifle you are looking at much more ped input in general to start hunting. So they are perfect for low budgets.

The other plus side is becasue MF is "slower" form of hunting than guns you will get more hunting "time" for the same ped. In other words it takes longer to burn ped than using guns. again perfect for lower budgets to enjoy game over a longer timeframe.

Little IV (4) cryo chips are great for most non regain mobs at low levels, you can take down drone 8-9 with those. Point being think about what mobs you are hunting, MF is slower than guns, so mob regain is an important factor. If you want to hunt regain mobs, you need bigger chips to overcome the mob, so pick your chip to suit the mob.

A fire chip L (combustive), will burn out quicker than a cryo L chip, but a fire chip uses less SME than a cryo chip. Keeping it simple I would say cryo "attack" chip for bigger mobs, electric for smaller mobs, stay away from fire chips unless you want to be the coolest uber MF'er in game. If you are going small say corns or baby longu etc, you can get away will small unlimited electric chips.

Another important thing to consider is unlimited MF chips are 10/10 at much lower levels than guns. This was a partly a deal done for the community to accept Limited MF when it came in, as unlimited chips in the old days were very expensive (at high levels). So if you want unlimited electric chips, then fairly safe to start with small electric III for example.

Personally if you want to go bigger mobs, quicker then look at Cryo limited chips.

I like the fact MF has no amps or enchancers, if keeps it clean and pure with no hidden issues behind the scenes to work out. Personally I hope it stays that way, on the plus side then the chip will trigger loot, not any addons (simple hunting). Most chips can be used at fairly low levels too, you only need high end skills for the strike chips and some ignite chips.

I used to bring home a lot of cryo nano (starter) chips from space, but not done much space hunting lately. i'm sure there will be some in auction.

Now if you really want to be a cool MF'er then combustive chips are top of the range. The down side is your loot has to be really on form when running VIII attack, or it can be costly as you burn peds at a fantastic rate. But not to worry about that now, thats uber stuff.

Please do not get caught up in all this eco stuff, the chip will pay if you run enough of them. Just ensure you have an implant that can take the "pro" level of the chip.

I have a 55 implant (best you can get), I run all my chips off it, and I can tell you that what ever chips I'm running I will get return, in most cases with less loot swings than guns. MF in my opinion is eco compared with guns, so lets not confuse it further with more stats.

Once you get used to MF hunting, buy a few chips, run more than one at a time. I find 2 or 3 full chips the best situation to even out loot for one hunt.

You will work out how much SME you need, I'll be here all day explaining everything about MF.

One more tip, some great loots drop when hunting in MF team.

Don't buy up all the chips now, Rick needs some :)

Good luck out there, i'm off to bed 1:30am here.

Rick

oh one more thing, when you get uber at MF you can use strike chips, scare the s**t out of anyone in PVP or at the rig. not many have jammer skills to protect themselves. Armour (in general), wont stop strike chip. PVP is not my thing, but I got the skills to cause mayhem.

Add me from player register (in game) if need more help.

Last edited:
Add me from player register (in game) if need more help.

I might get at you when I finish my Iron Aurlis, because I'm interested in skilling up MF for the future while doing some easier missions. Maybe next week or so. :yay:

Back