Calypso developers and communication

burnsey

Stalker
Society
The one percent
The last mention of an update was from Kim saying it would be last Wednesday, possibly longer.

There is a member of Arkadia staff saying there will be an update tomorrow. Is this correct?

If it is correct, why do Arkadians get a heads up of when updates are coming but Calypso players do not?

The arkadia staff member mentioned that last week. At that time that's what he knew...

We usually have an announcement day before stating update time. Since we haven't had any announcement it could be they are having further problems and it may be delayed further. However, if they fix issue(s) for tomm morning, perhaps we'll have some news then.

All specualtion ofc :)

I agree with you, would be so much easier if MA had a central notice, like on their website about update progress. Well they have a release notes section there. So it makes sense to have an update progress report section.

edit
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/release-notes/

Last edited:
If it is correct, why do Arkadians get a heads up of when updates are coming but Calypso players do not?

Communication is for n00bs :wise:

As far as I know, there was an update planned for last Wednesday, but somehow it was delayed and pushed over to this Wednesday. At least that's what I read about on the Ark Forums. The reason Ark officials knew about the update was because their Ark Key Instance dungeons was "supposed" to be in together with that patch but somehow its now pushed to this Wednesday.

Probably why Arkadians knew earlier was due to that and of course, Ark Officials were prompt in their communication aspects. ^_^

The last mention of an update was from Kim saying it would be last Wednesday, possibly longer.

There is a member of Arkadia staff saying there will be an update tomorrow. Is this correct?

The Arkadian Dev team have a great public relations policy and communicate with their clients.

You need to understand that it is up to each planet's owners to give us this information and since we are now the owners..ummm...hmm..ooops...umm...flip a coin...yes, there should be an update tonight all.

as a side note.

Communication is for n00bs :wise:

And this is why 50% of all marriages end in failure..:wise:

But seriously.. I thin the real issue is.. Are the PP's really communicating with their citizens? Some of them are, some of them are not.. it's really up to the PP, but the people who have the final say in all of this is MA.. if things are ready on the PP's end, ad yet the Programmers haven't implemented i, there's no control that the PP's have in order to get their parts inmplemented.. It's really all up to the point of MA todo this..

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a 'The Blind Sniper'

I miss the "New content every 4 weeks" time.

I miss Marcos dreams ;p

Do you really think Kim is going to tell you anything? He still hasn't posted a response to the thread over at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/2574483-post81.html where he said he was going to post a response after he received more info from the higher ups way back in July, 2011!... It's taken him over a year just to ask a few questions to the powers that be and get a response back from them and relay it to the community. Do you really think he's going to tell you what's coming up in future releases ahead of time?

little bump since I saw Kim replied to some other thread today...

little bump since I saw Kim replied to some other thread today...

Why? The update the OP was asking about is now out. Whilst I agree with the OP that it would have been nice for us to have been informed of changes to the due date, now that the update has come I don't really see any need for Kim to tell us when we can expect it.

Why? The update the OP was asking about is now out. Whilst I agree with the OP that it would have been nice for us to have been informed of changes to the due date, now that the update has come I don't really see any need for Kim to tell us when we can expect it.

There's still the same question for future updates: Do we as the Calypso player base need to rely on the Planet Arkadia Staff for our updates?

There's still the same question for future updates: Do we as the Calypso player base need to rely on the Planet Arkadia Staff for our updates?

They call it "Dynamic Diversity" !

Back