Questions about Regen Speed

Terminator

Prowler
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Arnold Terminator Swarzzy
Question to the community:
- Does anyone noticed if the regen speed of a particular mob change according to its maturity? Atrox figures seem to say no.

Question to the Entropedia team:
- The current system asks us to enter the regen speed as [HP/sec], thus needing a different value for each maturity of a mob. Assuming the regen speed is the same for all maturities of a given mob, would it be possible to allow us to enter a [%/sec] figure, identical for all maturies?

I believe it could be easier to populate the data and also easier to read "Atrox: 0.5%/sec" than "4.71/sec".
But I suppose there are people/sites using the data under the current format so if the change is acceptable, both views should probably be proposed.

Thanks,
Term

Why would you want to see it in percent? Would make it much harder to calculate the DPS you need to overcome the regen and do enough dmg/sec on top of it to kill the mob within an "acceptable" time limit...

Why would you want to see it in percent? Would make it much harder to calculate the DPS you need to overcome the regen and do enough dmg/sec on top of it to kill the mob within an "acceptable" time limit...

Hmm, I see we don't use the data the same way. :)
I personaly just need to see if a mob is low or high regen and adapt my weapons accordingly.
- 0.25% = Low regen = max Eco weapon.
- 0.75% = High regen = max DPS weapon.
Then knowing the exact amount of HP regenerated is useless to me, it just forces me to calculate the regen speed.

:)

The hp/ regen is the core value. There is no reason to know the percent regen.
But if hunting it is very important to know the hp regen/ sec to do math quicker.

And because different maturities have different HP, it wouldnt be the same percent regen anyways.

Ok, so instead of changing the way it's displayed, maybe it could be possible:
1) To have the regen speed in % displayed on top of the mob's page.
2) Let the regen in HP as it is now.
3) Have Entropedia automatically update the regen speed in HP for all maturities of a mob when the % is entered. (There is no reason to have some mobs with the speed visible for Young only.)

Just to add to the fun, mobs don't regen every second. Avatars regen 4 HP (hard-coded) every 20-ish (more like 21.3) seconds. some mobs regen 98% every two seconds (and I'm not talking Chirpy HP now). Some regen probably 100% every 1.5-2 seconds. Others regen 5% every 4 seconds - but when those 5% is over 100 HP, that probably matter a lot to most. Some regen 1% once in a blue moon.

Short: entropedia info is 1) lacking, and 2) the best we have.

The data needs to be fixed IMNSHO, but most people only ever care about regen/s (if even that). Besides, how the hell are you to add reliable "Mob regen's 5% every 14.2 seconds", when 1) the 0.2 is due to MA's lagging servers, and "5%" could very well be anything from 3% to 8% (if you trust HP-bar you deserve it).

Ok, so instead of changing the way it's displayed, maybe it could be possible:
1) To have the regen speed in % displayed on top of the mob's page.
2) Let the regen in HP as it is now.
3) Have Entropedia automatically update the regen speed in HP for all maturities of a mob when the % is entered. (There is no reason to have some mobs with the speed visible for Young only.)

I agree something like this would be better than the present (sorry) state. I'm not able to do it, though. I think we need an admin for that.

some mobs regen 98% every two seconds (and I'm not talking Chirpy HP now). Some regen probably 100% every 1.5-2 seconds. Others regen 5% every 4 seconds - but when those 5% is over 100 HP, that probably matter a lot to most. Some regen 1% once in a blue moon.

Short: entropedia info is 1) lacking, and 2) the best we have.

The data needs to be fixed IMNSHO, but most people only ever care about regen/s (if even that). Besides, how the hell are you to add reliable "Mob regen's 5% every 14.2 seconds", when 1) the 0.2 is due to MA's lagging servers, and "5%" could very well be anything from 3% to 8% (if you trust HP-bar you deserve it).

Well, so far I noticed that the mobs have a regen "jump" every 6 sec (a bit less, maybe 5.75), and the difference between low and fast regen is the size of the jump itself. At least on Arkadia, when I'm enjoying some holidays. :cool:

I've been using a method based on a video to get the jump intervals, then on screenshots -zoomed- to get the number of pixels of the HP bar. See here for details. I really want to get accurate data, so if I'm happy with the results I'll put them in Entropedia, if not I won't.

But I believe the %/sec is a more accurate data and should be added somewhere. :)

we have also created a tool to calculate regeneration speed, attack rate and evade vs mob/maturity.
you can found it here

we have also created a tool to calculate regeneration speed, attack rate and evade vs mob/maturity.
you can found it here

That's indeed interesting, thanks. :)

The wiki help page is dead, but it seems the tool analyses the log file, each mob being "separated" by a Time + Position mark, right?

But how does the tool manage overkill? Say I kill a 1000 HP mob, with regen there is 1090 HP damaged and I do a 10 HP overkill. The tool can see from my log I did 1100 damage, I can tell it the original HP was 1000, but how to distinguish the 90 HP from regen and the 10 HP from overkill? (Sorry for silly questions. :) )

That's indeed interesting, thanks. :)

The wiki help page is dead, but it seems the tool analyses the log file, each mob being "separated" by a Time + Position mark, right?

But how does the tool manage overkill? Say I kill a 1000 HP mob, with regen there is 1090 HP damaged and I do a 10 HP overkill. The tool can see from my log I did 1100 damage, I can tell it the original HP was 1000, but how to distinguish the 90 HP from regen and the 10 HP from overkill? (Sorry for silly questions. :) )

the wiki is under re built (thx to our dear hackers :) but yes it works in that way.
for the overkill we apply a "mathematical approach" and a "statistical one".
In brief, to not give away so much info, the math one take in account the damge of your gun/attachrate and mob hp. The statistical one is based on the fact that the tool calculate also the rapport between your evade level and the hit taken....that ofc is based on your evade level (in brief as much your evade level is hig as much a mob will miss you). But to calculate that you need for each mob/maturity to calculate that for each evade point (evade level22, 23, 24 etcetc) So we hope that many people are interested to define that then to get many entry for the same mob......that in a long run will give better results about attack rate, reg speed and evade/miss.

DC

Back