Central Coast Meetup December 7th - 9th 2012

I have just had a very nice conversation with the lady at Toowoon Bay Holiday Park. Her son is a gamer and he has his mates around for LAN parties, so she's quite sympathetic :)

Only 2 of the Pelican cabins are available for that weekend: #24 and #26.

Just to be on the safe side, I've booked and paid the deposit on BOTH.

I'll look at final numbers on 2 November, and if I think we can all fit into one cabin, I'll cancel the booking on #26, and she will transfer the deposit on that one over towards the balance due on #24.

At least we'll be ok if we get a handful more people wanting to come and stay :)

Confirmed beds are needed for:
Serica
Gypsy
Brooksy
Drooe
Ninja
Nick + daughter Rouru
Mac + daughter Lawz

Possible beds needed for: Deathi, Inno, Dire, Paulus, Max Power
DayVisit only: Cyph, Jod, MC & Leanne, and Xaph (maybe)

I've given authority for Jod to pick up the key(s), as he's likely the first to arrive.
Unfortunately Jod's not sure he'll be able to stay now - he may only make it for a day visit on the Saturday.
I'll change this to Cyph when I call to confirm that we'll need both cabins.

Last edited:
Will definitely try to make this one.
Hopefully can bring Lawz too.

Mac :)

Looking Good

:wtg: Onya Mac....

Haven't got any response from Mulga.....has he been AWOL like me or am I missing something?

Others who posted for 2009 and haven't showed up in the Thread as yet:

2Com
Durakjung
MoFo
ShadowDog5
ergjan
LaLa
Grrrr

Lexus
Bilko
SJG
Warpath
Sumy Sumeck

I haven't been in game much as you all know but if you have them on your friends list (and you probably chatted already) just wanted throw a reminder of who had their hand up last time.

As of 9.30am I actually paid my airfairs and accommadation for my holiday.

My Holiday is in Gold Coast.

I arrive (with my daughter - 16) on Dec 4th and leave Dec 11th

We are looking at doing the 5 main parks.1 a day i guess.

So there may be a chance we can get there for a night i guess since im in the country.

I see what happens :)

So there may be a chance we can get there for a night i guess since im in the country.

Excellent :)

Good On Ya Nickstar!

Hope you do. It's about a nine hour drive but if you can leave via Sydney this could be the last leg of your journey. 5 theme parks and a trip to Sydney is a bit of a task but you might make it. We'll keep a cold one in the esky for you.

Nick and his daughter will drive down with me :)

It's about a 10 hour drive down for us (and that's with no stops, so more like 11-12), so depending what time we get away I might not be there til 5pm or so. Last time we left home just after dawn and didnt arrive til near dusk - hoping to get away even earlier this time, but no guarantees.

We need to have someone pick up the keys from the office just after 2pm on Friday and be there to let people in as we arrive. I've given authority to the park for Jod to do that, but Cyph says Jod might not be able to stay over now.

Rill, would you be available to do that instead ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still lots of space available for people to join us. :yay:

It's not just a soc meet ... so if you're an Aussie and can get to the Central Coast of NSW in December - or you're visiting Australia and want to meet a bunch of Aussie players - just post here and come along :)

Nick and his daughter will drive down with me :)

....Cyph says Jod might not be able to stay over now.

Rill, would you be available to do that instead ?

Cyph is five minutes away and I don't know what day I fly out until I get my passport. He say's no problem and he'll chat with you in game. Good to see Nick is coming down. Hope I'm around to meet up for one night at least.

Hey guys, I may have to dive out of this one.

I am now in debt to my father 18.5k usd for extra expenses on the new house, so may be short funds to do anything for the next 6 months or so.

I can confirm more closer to the time.

I am also leaving entropia to recoupe some funds. :(

At this stage Lawz and I will drive up on Sat morning and stay the night.

Will confirm for sure in a couple of weeks, I just have to make sure my unit hasn't planned any surprises for that weekend.

At this stage Lawz and I will drive up on Sat morning and stay the night.

Will confirm for sure in a couple of weeks, I just have to make sure my unit hasn't planned any surprises for that weekend.

Excellent :)

....I don't know what day I fly out until I get my passport....

Looking Good :wtg:....passport arrived and I fly out 10 pm Sunday 9th December. :woot:

Which means if I have long night Saturday I should be primed to stay awake for the flight out of Oz. Might need some No dOZe though :eyecrazy:....heh heh gettin too old for these long nights :)

Brooksy will be driving up with Gypsy :)

Drooe says Storm can't make it.

Last edited:
Hey Sorry to do this to you all,

I am completely out for Nov and Dec, maybe a day down there sometime early next year,
I ran into a few additional hidden costs with plumbing foundations needed ... due the landfill :eyecrazy:

Anyway I don;t think I would make great company this year, im pretty shitty about it all atm.
Even though it will pass, RL must come first.

You guys have a great time, and thanks for the call Rill, but im endebted for some time to my father who is now helping me out too with finances.

Cheers,
Andy

Ok Viper, might be another meet somewhere next year, if you're available then :)

Pencilling in the following (but keeping eraser handy ;) ):
paulus
max power
dire

:girl:

I have just seen this. I think it unlikely that I'll go. As much as I would really like to. But have a good time anyway.

No worries Westy, we'll catch up at the next Melbourne meet :)

Mac's confirmed he'll be coming up Saturday morning and staying over Saturday night, possibly bringing Dire with him. Unfortunately Lawz can't make it.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll confirm the booking for the 2 cabins on Monday, as it looks like there'll be at least 7-9 staying over.

I've paid the $420 total deposit, with a further $420 payable on arrival. I'd suggest we split the cost based on the total number staying each night.

Paulus confirmed coming and staying with us.

Beds now booked for:
Cabin 1
Gypsy
Brooksy
Drooe
Ninja
Danny (bottom bunk)

Cabin 2
Serica
Nick & daughter
Mac - arriving Saturday morning
Paulus - arriving Saturday morning

Last edited:
Thanks to all the arrangers

Hi all,

Looking forward to it.

Should be off crutches by then.

Any chance I can request a bottom bunk please?

Cheers,
Danny

Last edited:
Cyph, my vote is to book for lunch on the Saturday. Everyone should have arrived by then :)

The club sounds fine as a venue.

Ninja and I will be in for lunch. I will NEVER say no to a buffet :D Can eat ;)

On a side note, I'll be coming up with some goodies for trivia prizes etc and want to try and organise a group screenshot or two with the whole bunch who will be staying, or as close as I can get (any missing can possibly take a single shot and email, or I could take a single shot and have them photoshopped in with the group.)

I was thinking this weekend (dec 1st) at WOF might be the easiest time to organise most people for the shot.
Could everyone pass the word and let any that are coming know, it would be a great help! Thanks :)

I was thinking to meet up the usual hour before when teams are organised and just get the shot when we have all around, perhaps in front of the egg or something? Welcome to any ideas that might be a bit easier, or a shot that might be a bit better :)

Cheers,

Drooe

And The List Is Getting Bigger

:yay: Wow this is looking great. I can't make the lunch all my funds are going towards my holiday this year but I'll drop by Saturday night after you've all had a siesta. I need "stay awake" practice cause my flight departs 10 pm Sunday and it's a 8 hr flight. Putting faces to names is always a good experience.

What do we need to bring? clothes, toiletries, towel, bedding?

What do we need to bring? clothes, toiletries, towel, bedding?

Linen: We supply bed linen and bath towels for up to four persons
I'm guessing that's the queen and 2 of the singles - iirc extra's can be arranged from the office for a small extra fee. If you prefer, you could throw a couple of spare single sheets/towels in the car if you have space. I'll do the same :)

Other than that, they're fairly standard self-contained cabins.

Just phoned Toowoon Bay HP and paid in full for both cabins (it's the only way they would agree to let Cyph pick up the keys for us, as I may not be the first to arrive).

Note: We're only allowed 1 car parked per cabin. (She wouldn't budge on this at all even though I said that last time we were there we had no problem parking 2 cars in the available space beside the cabin.) Extra cars will need to be parked outside the boom gate, although letting someone in to drop off/pick up stuff should be ok.

Note: We're only allowed 1 car parked per cabin. (She wouldn't budge on this at all even though I said that last time we were there we had no problem parking 2 cars in the available space beside the cabin.) Extra cars will need to be parked outside the boom gate, although letting someone in to drop off/pick up stuff should be ok.

Sometimes its better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission...:silly2::D

Back