CLD Feffoid Mania

The Rules seem unambiguous this time, but there is only potential confusion because they are different from HSL as their own Event system ranks participants. Only an Avatar's lower WINNING loots will be removed, not all the lower duplicates.

The difference is that in events, each participants is only listed *once* in a toplist. As the list is sorted by some sort of score (where the score is either total loot or the highest single loot), each participants can only be listed once.

Here the participants aren't listed one-by-one, but rather the combination participant+each loot.

Prizes will then be determined based on positions on the FRL, with the following limitations: no avatar may win more than one prize, and prizes will be selected in descending order (1st prize selected first, 2nd prize selected second, and so on). This will ensure that each avatar can only win a single prize. Any lower FRL positions for an avatar that wins a prize will be removed, resulting in all entries lower on the FRL list moving up one position.

The reason all lower loots are removed is:
a) So that noone can win more than once.
b) If you would just give one prize and not remove all other loots, then if someone who was at place 5 also would have been at place 50, the prize for place 50 would be in limbo.

Well, gratz Larry...don't tt the CLD's noob :)

"Ai-yai-yai"

I don't know how to spell that, but its the sound that my mouth keeps making.

Glad I wasn't hunting them cuz I was stuck on the 5k Feff IM turn-in and waiting for update, so I don't get novas.

The reason all lower loots are removed is:

It is not all lower loots which are removed, only the winning ones.

Player is at 5 and 49 - players 50 and 100 get prizes
Player is at 5 and 50 - players 51 and 101 get prizes

It is this deprivation of player 100 because of the table manipulation higher up which seems arbitrary and unfair.

Why not make it a lot simpler and just say players 51 and 100 get the prizes in the second scenario?

Or even better, use the same system as the Event system ranking and just take the highest loot of each player in the first place.

Haha kinda feelt that comming this morning loot was 1,2 and 1,5 per kill instead of normal 2,2 bottom to 3,7 high kinda huge diff trhough 3 100 feff runs I guess someone had to pay that ATH :D. Gz man :)

Or even better, use the same system as the Event system ranking and just take the highest loot of each player in the first place.

MA surely has a reason to prefer their own system.

"Ai-yai-yai"

I don't know how to spell that, but its the sound that my mouth keeps making.

are you that guy from the movie "the gods must be crazy"?

Made me laugh so hard that movie. They guy keeps saying ay yay yay yay :laugh:

edit:

here an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnU2DY9TRDs
from 3:30 to 4:13
and again at 9:12

and stuff like this keeps happening to him all movie long :silly2:

edit:

sorry

:offtopic:

Last edited:

I guess they want to both give everyone a change (at a single shot at the highest positions), as well as they want to give a reward to the people who hunt more (more "globals" means a higher chance to hit those 25, 50 etc).

Let's say you get a 250 ped global - you estimate you're close to winning the 50 position prize. Now, if you would keep on hunting, risk is that you'd get a HOF that would hit at position 17, but it would mean that you'd blow your chance at the position 50 prize.

As for depriving someone at position 101 the chance to win, well, the person who'd theoretically have place 100 could lose because someone else is globalling meaning they'll move down in list. Or someone who'd be at place 99, just before he's going to hit that big HOF, his boss calls him to work NOW so he have to stop working, meaning the person at 100 would be at position 99.

It is not all lower loots which are removed, only the winning ones.

No, it's all of them, as explained here:

once an avatar has been selected for a prize, all of the that avatar’s entries will be removed from the FRL.

I think you're probably confused by this sentence:

Any lower FRL positions for an avatar that wins a prize will be removed

They are referring to the avatar that wins a prize, not the positions that win a prize. The second quoted sentence could, at a push, be considered ambiguous, but the first provides clarification (despite the superfluous "the").

They are fixing the mistakes and ambiguities in the previous Argo event. so :thumbup: for that.

1 prize per person maximum.

are you that guy from the movie "the gods must be crazy"?

Yeah, that is exactly the sound I was trying to spell! :)

You made me think about a "commercial" from swedish public insurance agency ("försäkringskassan"), where the phrase "Krastapopolis; aj aj aj..." is mentioned. (I wasn't able to find it on youtube.)

A video with Aya Hirano. Aikarakaia.

Last edited:
...the winner will be someone with 10 kills or so...

LOL I'm sorry but this is just hilarious - guy hit the nail right on the head with that one:

http://www.entropialife.com/Profile.aspx?P=128620

Think it's safe to call that 1st place lol Gratz to the player and all it's always nice to hit a big one but still, it's just funny lol

On another note, what happens in the event of a tie for one of the places?

Last edited:
They are fixing the mistakes and ambiguities in the previous Argo event. so :thumbup: for that.

1 prize per person maximum.
But it reads to me like one avatar can still achieve multiple finishing positions (eg, 14th, 18th and 28th).

If we see a final top 100 list with 100 unique avatar names on it *then* they will have put right the ambiguities of the Argo event.

But it reads to me like one avatar can still achieve multiple finishing positions (eg, 14th, 18th and 28th).

If we see a final top 100 list with 100 unique avatar names on it *then* they will have put right the ambiguities of the Argo event.

I think the rules are quite clear. An avatar may score several high loots but only their highest loot will be considered for the final list. So yes, expect to see 100 people in a 'top 100' list but of course only 8 of those will be winners.

Or, they may possibly only publish the 8 winners - to be honest I'd rather not see I gained 49th, 99th place or whatever and narrowly miss out on a CLD. I'm sure they know what they're doing though and thumbs-up for making sure more people have the chance. Looks like the top spot may already be secure, and well done that avatar.

As for me, I can't get a global higher than 100PED, so my chances are out the window. Still, there are still a few days left and I'm grateful for actually having had a good couple of small hunts anyway. I don't expect to win anything so I'm glad for the skills and the Iron challenge contribution.

I killed around 1k feffs now. But i have to say, loot on that bastards is more as bad. Far away of 90% payback. More like 50% payback. If most PPL get that bad, i think a 80k feff guard must pop up !

You are right, I understood that the list will *not* have 100 unique names.. but when someone wins one price, then all other instances of this user will be deleted, so it might be that someone who was at position 50 will move up .. so there could be some users who have multiple non winning positions :eyecrazy:

You are right, I understood that the list will *not* have 100 unique names.. but when someone wins one price, then all other instances of this user will be deleted, so it might be that someone who was at position 50 will move up .. so there could be some users who have multiple non winning positions :eyecrazy:

Having re-read the rules again a dozen times, I'm coming round to the thinking of both Dusk and LeeLoo. In fact, I'm more confused than ever, and will just continue shooting feffs in the hope that something nice happens!

Having re-read the rules again a dozen times, I'm coming round to the thinking of both Dusk and LeeLoo. In fact, I'm more confused than ever, and will just continue shooting feffs in the hope that something nice happens!

Steve,
However confusing the rules might be.. if your hunting feffs anyways than go for it!
Also, LeeLoo and Dusk are not hunters infact Leeloo is more of a beginner crafter/hunter and Dusk is a beginner hunter/miner.
So watch who your taking rules on Hunting events from lol. Try people that have done confusing MA events before.

Rules are ment to be bent in this game. (by the creators that make us click accept everytime before we login ;) )

Steve,
However confusing the rules might be.. if your hunting feffs anyways than go for it!
Also, LeeLoo and Dusk are not hunters infact Leeloo is more of a beginner crafter/hunter and Dusk is a beginner hunter/miner.
So watch who your taking rules on Hunting events from lol. Try people that have done confusing MA events before.
Well that just shows that you know nothing about me and so you're not in a position to comment on me.

That is all.

I fail to appreciate how the ability to interpret a set of event rules, has any effect on someone’s professional hunting aptitude. Besides I think all opinions should be valued in equal measure, then people can take judgemental view across all opinions submitted.

Rick

Asuming lots of hunting is still going on with them, I would not be surprised if MA hides another 2 more 10k+ bags loots on them. Based on the last 10k hit, looks like they are set as 'open' loots, so anyone can hit it, regardless if owed or not.

Kind of exciting if you view it from that angle. I'm in for a few kills anyhow !!!!.

Rick

...And I was right (bold).

Rick

I killed around 1k feffs now. But i have to say, loot on that bastards is more as bad. Far away of 90% payback. More like 50% payback. If most PPL get that bad, i think a 80k feff guard must pop up !

That's what I'm counting on! :laugh:

Back