EU is a Game!!!

EU is a video game!!!

• Total voters

Tycoon

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
GenX000 Caveman Tycoon
so often I see posts where people claim for one reason or another "EU is not a game"

I always find those statements to be delusional! Just because there is a "real cash economy" (RCE) involved, doesn't mean you are not playing a video game! :wise:

"well it's more of a..." "It's not REALLY a game, more like..." "It's NOT a game, it's..."

rationalize it however you need to so you can sleep at night... you are playing a game! :yup:

:popcorn:

Last edited:
It's definitely MORE than a game, but still a game nonetheless.

I havent voted because I think it can be both, depending on what you do (i.e. your approach to it).

For me, its an investment, for my wife its a game (hence the sig:eyecrazy:).

It is a virtual world where you can play games of luck (Gambling) and a virtual community where you can socialize.:girl:

It's an extension for real-life with a huge impact on the latter :)

It depends on what your definition of game is. :)

Life is a game too.

video slots. Real money, real risk.

Hell Yeah! EU is a game.........which can put your finances in real life in jeopardy. :lolup:

It's a game like a stock market is a game!!!
It's a game like a slot machine is a game!!!
It's a game like which cup is the ball under for 5 bucks is a game!!!
It's a game like russian roulette is a game!!!
It's a game like a full time job is a game!!!
It's a game like normal life is a game!!!

Kind of a pointless poll IMHO, anything in life is a game if you make it a game. Anything in life is not a game if you make it not a game. It is up the the individuals themselves as to how they see it and it doesn't matter to anyone else.

To me it is a game where I like to work like a full time job and risk my money in like a stock market while guessing which mob that global is under while putting a gun to my own head because normally I would not take such chances because it is really like a slot machine, but hey it is all part of my normal (well normal to me) life :D

It's definitely a game, but it was not advertised as such... mainly to get people thinking that they were 'investing' when really all they were doing is 'spending'
g1.jpg

Some say life itself is a game....

+rep for that

It's a game like a stock market is a game!!!
It's a game like russian roulette is a game!!!
It's a game like a full time job is a game!!!
It's a game like normal life is a game!!!

Kind of a pointless poll IMHO, anything in life is a game if you make it a game. Anything in life is not a game if you make it not a game.

no no no no!!!

all this metaphorical nonsense is your rationalization of spending money in EU...

I assume you are an adult... you don't have to justify what you do with your money, you are allowed to spend it on video games if you want to!

it's not a stock market, or a job, or normal life! It's a video game!
And you can't make it not be a video game! :lolup:

For me it IS more than a video game. I am not much interested in video games. For me is it a little hideaway. As long as I can be at Calypso there is no need to be on Earth.

It's not black and white, for some it only a game, for others it's a game with some additional elements. The guy that bought 25 000 CLD don't think it's only a game. Just because you only see it as a game don't mean it's only a game for everyone. For me it's somewhere between a game and something else.

Definately more than a game. A game like no other...

For their marketing they should perhaps use the investment angle as well. Since investing in something like a shop, Land area is a sure winner and not a "gamble" as the main professions hunting, crafting and mining.

It's a transformer, there's more then meets the eye!! :yay:

no no no no!!!

all this metaphorical nonsense is your rationalization of spending money in EU...

I assume you are an adult... you don't have to justify what you do with your money, you are allowed to spend it on video games if you want to!

it's not a stock market, or a job, or normal life! It's a video game!
And you can't make it not be a video game! :lolup:

Just because something is on a monitor doesn't make it a video game. To the developers this definitely is not a video game it is their RL job, they also play it every day for testing. Planet partners that were once gamers in EU no longer play it as a video game it is their jobs, yet they still log into the universe with avatars they definitely can use for playing. So you can't rationalize that it is just a video game to everyone.

So as I did state you can pretty much take anything call it a game or make it not a game. All depends on your very own point of view.

When Crone is trading, it's no game, when Crone is hunting, it's definately a game, but when Crone is chatting to everyone and more it's more like a birthday party.

And since the latter is no option, Crone would rather not choose.

lol

:laugh: just watching the movie "Idiocracy" while I'm reading these threads :laugh:

so I'm a little confused at the moment... no vote here :scratch2:

Weel yes its a game, but it still makes me wonder, how many things have changed in my RL, while Entropia stays and persists. And goes through less gamebreaking changes than for example WoW, which feels something like vapor in nonexisting universe, where anything can be changed without prior notice.

To me its a game but it has a lot of different facets.

Had to vote disagree.

Its more than a game... its an addiction! :yup:

Games I buy from a shelf, I play till I complete then they sit on a shelf in my house. Sometimes I play them again - but its the same game.

Games I buy from a shelf, I play till I complete then they sit on a shelf in my house. Sometimes I play them again - but its the same game.

There are some games that never get old, though. Like Half-life (1/2). Or Mass Effect. Or Crysis, Civilization, or GTA series. Thats how I feel. In single player even. Or especially.

Last edited:
There are some games that never get old, though. Like Half-life (1/2). Or Mass Effect. Or Crysis, Civilization, or GTA series. Thats how I feel. In single player even.

Command and Conquer series with me. Absolutely agree.

It's not so black and white to me as the poll options on offer. I think EU is gaming platform that supports multiple games as well as many non-game activities, some of which are related to game-play and some of which are merely social.

That's why I didn't vote.

It is clearly a game to the OP, but I'm not sure why he insists we agree with him.

:beerchug:

Miles

Command and Conquer series with me. Absolutely agree.

The older C&C that was on Sony Playstation is sort of like Chess. I think it could be enjoyed for many years to the people that like that type of strategy game.:)

Back