Discovery: Unlimited but Limited Enkidd Howler S.4 with a mission behind it.

Poll removed by request of thread starter

• This is a poll

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • This is not a poll

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

loren

Stalker
Loren
UPDATE -The gun is fixed and indeed is Unlimited :wtg:

Went up to Cyrene last week to check it out and saw the release notes of the missions and their rewards.

A.R.C. Challenge – 1000 SwampLurkers
- Reward: O.S. F.A.P. M1 (L) Blueprints (L)
A.R.C. Challenge – 1000 Crystal Pedes
- Reward: Ripper Hide Armor Plate (L) Blueprints (L)
A.R.C. Challenge – 1000 Dire Weeds
- Reward: DragonFly v1 (L) Blueprint (L)

A.R.C. Challenge – 1000 Tide Claws
- Reward: Enkidd Howler S4 Blueprint
(L)
Posted here - http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/cyrene-september-4th-mini-patch-notes.837/

Two of us were each going to do the Dire Weed and the Tide Claw for the two blueprints to check them out. It turns out the 1k Dire Weed mission isn't active, so I finished the 1k Tide Claws and was surprised to have the discovery of the Enkidd Howler S4 blueprint.

attachment.php

That unlimited gun looked very tempting! We had seen a video of the S1
so new it was some sort of sniper weapon and couldn't wait to see what the S4 version could be.

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/enkidd-howler-s-1.758/

We were surprised to see the high level of the blueprint, and the fact that it said the requirement was Armor Engineer, even though the BP says it's a weapon. :confused:

attachment.php

Sent a PM to Lykke on the Cyrene Forum to point out the error so that they could fix this, and figured we might as well gather materials unless either we had enough for some clicks or they sorted out the BP profession requirement.

As far as the mats go, we knew what dropped the Strong Sinew as we had hunted the Mature Rhino Beetles before and looted them, but had never heard of the ore. So, checked the discovery list PM'ed the person that discovered it, who gave us a hint and pointed us in the right direction. We mined all night but found none of the Ycyan ore.

The next morning, we finally got a hit on it after two of us each dropped hundreds of peds of probes to find it!
Sadly, it was only enough for 1 ingot, and the BP requires 11 per click... OMG!

We worked on gathering the mats with two of us mining for that "Extremely Rare" ore (they aren't joking!) and even had another friend come up to the planet to help us in gathering things.

After a few days of this, and hundreds of peds later, we finally gathered enough materials to do 4 clicks with the help of a great friend, Grrrrr. :)
So, since the BP was bugged and required armor engineer, we would have to find an outside crafter to help when the time came to click it. We were too curious to see the new weapon and its stats.

Lastnight, we asked a friend for a couple of warp flights to get the right people and materials together to attempt the clicks (special thanks to Anhithe for his space taxi services, who was even so kind as to not charge!).

Finally....

attachment.php

George Ace Skywalker is the first colonist to discover Enkidd Howler S.4! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame. :yay: (Thanks Ace for being in my only top 5 of players I trust, you rock!)

Sadly, we were surprised again by the blueprint's SECOND bug - the item was (L)!

Not too surprised, but the fact that all of the release notes had no (L) for the item, as well as the item name, etc - made us feel quite let down. We suspected that it could be (L) even though it wasn't in the names anywhere and the BP comes with 100 clicks on it, so clicked it with residue to be safe. The materials for this took a lot of time and many peds to gather together. We have sent another note to Lykke about this to ask if this is supposed to be an (L) item since everything else pointed to its being unlimited.

Special thanks to Anhithe for the flights, Ace for the clicks, my husband for putting up with me... and a uber thanks to my hero Grrrrr for helping us find more of the Ycy ore! :cool:

The gun is close to a bravo, but nice that it is SIB at level 48 and some extra range and damage on it. And it looks a LOT cooler!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
(So I will get skilling to max this little thing) :D

Thanks for reading! :girl:

Last edited:
Big Gratz Loren :)
A nice story! and some hard work i see, good job "finalice" (spelling? ,p ) it :D
Looks as a cool gun :)

Unlimited would have been nice. As it is seems like a lot of hard work to craft this L gun. Will be intresting to see what Cyrene dev say i.e. if it's supposed to be L or unlimited.

Yeah that gun was a lot of work to click - anybody is welcome to go and find 11 Ycy Ingots and try for themselves (for one click)! :wise:

Teamwork Pays Off

Enkidd-Howler-S4-ArticleBanner-600.jpg

This story was too good not to showcase it on the MSM front page to demonstrate just how teamwork can be instrumental in accomplishing a mission. Congratulations Loren, Beech, Grrrrr, Ace and Anhithe for a job well done.

You can read the full story here.

Judging by the stats there's no reason why this gun SHOULDN'T be UL. That being said... I'm sure it's supposed to be (L). We'll see UL versions once Cyrene grows a bit of a playerbase I'm sure.

Menace

Gratz on the discovery, its a realy sick looking gun.

On the L vs UL front, I think they had to make it L.... if you think about it an UL sib long range rifle will destroy completely the marber and othe rong range tagger market.

On the L vs UL front, I think they had to make it L.... if you think about it an UL sib long range rifle will destroy completely the marber and othe rong range tagger market.

Regarding value of other guns, the current Bravo markup is only around +100 PEDs

The materials required to click this BP total 30.97 ped TT value - the rarest of which being the Ycy Ingots.

We had 1 of 4 clicks succeed.

There is not established markup on this ore yet, but given the rarity of it and the cost it took to mine enough, I imagine the markup exceeding the average markup on the Bravo easily.

If it only require one, then sure make it L - but 11 of them is a steep requirement for something so difficult to find.

For those of you who feel this should remain an L item, I encourage you to go and try mining 11 of those Ycy Ingots & kill the Rhino Beetles for the Strong Sinew to see how you feel afterwards!

Regarding value of other guns, the current Bravo markup is only around +100 PEDs

The materials required to click this BP total 30.97 ped TT value - the rarest of which being the Ycy Ingots.

There is not established markup on this ore yet, but given the rarity of it and the cost it took to mine enough, I imagine the markup exceeding the average markup on the Bravo easily.

If it only require one, then sure make it L - but 11 of them is a steep requirement for something so difficult to find.

For those of you who feel this should remain an L item, I encourage you to go and try mining 11 of those Ycy Ingots & kill the Rhino Beetles for the Strong Sinew to see how you feel afterwards!

Not that I doubt it is hard to mine for the ingots and kill many rhino beetles but with a increased playerbase on cyrene these parts won't be that rare anymore.

Gratz on the discovery and for sure a nice gun! Hope we get to see more plasma rifles and guns from cyrene :)

By all means make it an Ul weapon... I would love to have one myself :ahh:

Just thinking that if there is an ul sib option out there, then no one will use the non sib old school version.

This story was too good not to showcase it on the MSM front page to demonstrate just how teamwork can be instrumental in accomplishing a mission. Congratulations Loren, Beech, Grrrrr, Ace and Anhithe for a job well done.

You can read the full story here.

Well technically it didn't really pay off though as it's an (L) gun that will be forgotten quite soon. xD Well gratz on the discovery and the BP anyways. :)

Nice story Loren, and some cool pics.

massive gratz for effort.

Rick

Well technically it didn't really pay off though as it's an (L) gun that will be forgotten quite soon. xD Well gratz on the discovery and the BP anyways. :)

I can understand your perspective on this with regard to the technical aspect of it, but the theme of the story is teamwork and achieving a goal, which is exactly what happened. The end result is still something that needs to be sorted out with the developers of Cyrene and whether this weapon will ultimately end up (L) or (UL).

Just thinking that if there is an ul sib option out there, then no one will use the non sib old school version.

That would be a bad thing for Marber MU, but a good thing for everyone who uses taggers who isn't level 80 or above :)

So its essentially a SIB marber foxtrot SGA, except it might be (L) and take expensive materials. I think its a nice gun, and if it has low decay could easily be manufacturable and sellable at a a markup. Oh, and you would be able to max it.

Very much depends on decay though. If decay is 1.2 like for foxtrot, then no markup eco would be 2.9 and 200% markup would give eco of 2.77. You need level 85 hit + damage to match the 200% eco on foxtrot.

I think its an extremely nice gun, and something Calypso should have done ages ago, very well done both team and Cyrene! :)

That would be a bad thing for Marber MU, but a good thing for everyone who uses taggers who isn't level 80 or above :)

This gun does not compete with Marber, it competes with Foxtrot / Foxtrot SGA.

which would be a bad thing to people that skilled hard enough to max oldschoolweapons

This gun does not compete with Marber, it competes with Foxtrot / Foxtrot SGA.
Foxtrot is a Marber... guess you guys are speaking of Marber Bravo.

Foxtrot is a Marber... guess you guys are speaking of Marber Bravo.

No, sorry, my wires were crossed. I read Bravo where there was actually Marber.

Thanks for the useless reply - like they say!...

Let the haters hate.... your like way too late .......:tongue2:

You got to love Jessie-J :yup:

:girl:

Last edited:
unlimited wooohoooo :wtg:

Nice to see it turned out to be Unlimited. :yay:
Oh and no I am not writing that because of that weird music, but because I am glad an item that requires so much effort to make turned out to be UL.

So how much would one cost to buy ?

We will soon see, there is one at auction ending in about 4h, current bid +516.91 buyout +5000.91:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Shameless plug: And those interested in crafting this gun might want to look at my 6 Ycy Ignots on auction ending in 7h, current bid only 126.98%:yup::yup::yup:

Gratz, awesome discovery, but what are you wearing? Cupcake armour? Never saw that one before.

Well done! but im unsure... So I could do get this BP for an Unl tagger just for killing 1k TideClaws??? :eyecrazy:
coolio, but weird how a gun requires an armour manufac..

Back