Rebalanced Mission Rewards

Lets say that i doing kreltin mission and i am on 6000/10000 kills,where do this situation put me after 9th october.?

Please read the thread it has been responded to.

You would be right where you are in the count, just a different reward. So if i were you i would finish before Oct 9 so you get a bigger reward.

Last edited:
@Charlie:

While I have already completed my Iron Aurli mission, my concern is for those who are already mid 10k mission chain. We're talking about a VERY hard mission that every one of us took up for the end reward of ~200 PED Athletics. I know it took me about 120k PED cycled to complete it and month of time. But I was also playing very hard core for that time because the time was available to me. But players, such as Rechinul, have been up there every day but don't have the needed time PER day to complete despite playing every day to finish.

I feel it would only be fair to allow these players to redeem the final mission for the original reward. While I came out on a small profit after the 10k, some of these players are not as fortunate and have bled sweat and tears to get to where they are in the mission.

While I like the look of these new changes, and I am excited to start these new missions - there needs to be a fair way to reward these patient players. As you mentioned, we got several attribute rewards - but let's be honest an additional Int and Psy attribute point is not worth 100 PED of Athletics because it affects so many profession types.

Either way I won't be affected and am satisfied by the future of these missions - please respect the current Iron Aurli and Kreltin players that are in the 10k bracket and help them out if they are honestly SO close to being done. I know several players at 5k/10k right now, and in 3 weeks they will be teetering on the edge of completion. Don't punish them on such a hard core mission.

FYI: To everyone making pissy remarks about the changes... I don't think you see the benefit of these changes at all. Take the time to think about it, you'll figure it out.

Last edited:
very shortned like i tought

Have to say that this looks like a very well though out and flexible change to the mission system, well done MA, there is hope for you yet:)

Hi, i dunno if i am speaking for the minority or the majority, my guess would be the minority, but the nerfs to attributes are really a huge blow for mission grinders who are going for attributes.

in the first place, skills can be easily bought, anyone with tons of $$ irl could have simply chip in and there you go boom! uber!, i am not complaining, its their own money, but people who worked hard to gain their attributes deserve some recognization and effort to reach where they are now, if the attribute gains are so little on attributes, what incentives then, are missions to us? not everyone in this game can cycle 100ks of ped to kill 10000 araneatroxes.

people who can cycle so much peds just to gain skills can easily use the peds to chip in and be uber and hunt big monsters, new players who are interested to play this game (yes i use the term game, because some of us see this as a game and an investment, or just game only) would realise how big of a gap between them and ubers and this huge disincentive will discourage them as they further progress in the game. Even if they decide to depo more to gain the skills to be uber, with the new rewards, people might mistook them as a uber who chipped in rather then a uber who works for their skills.

please dont nerf it that much!

Thanks for posting.

Overall, I think it's a good change. I'm not a big fan of the 10k grinding missions, so having some rewards on the intermediate missions is a big bonus.

What he said :laugh:

@Charlie:

Either way I won't be affected and am satisfied by the future of these missions - please respect the current Iron Aurli and Kreltin players that are in the 10k bracket and help them out if they are honestly SO close to being done. I know several players at 5k/10k right now, and in 3 weeks they will be teetering on the edge of completion. Don't punish them on such a hard core mission.

I agree 100% is great you have give us the heads up with the new rewards (10/10) but now that you have I think you should give players a little longer to finnish the missions. I like the new ones, i like the tokens ect.. but give us a little longer, then we have no reason to hate it.

What about new mission mob's? You haven't mentioned if there will be new mob missions added, such as mob that can found by the 100's if not 1,000's on calypso like:

Ambu, Chomper, Drone, Boorum, Berycled, Bristlehog, Cersumon, Hogglo, Kingfisher, Legionaire, Maffoid, Phasm, Proteron, Trooper, just to name a few, mob in bold are my personal preference :yup:

I don't believe every new mission mob has to be rewarded with attribute tokens if there is some limit to them, skill rewards will do fine too, or maybe less tokens & more skills. But I do believe almost every mob should have a mission. New players and lower lvl players will finally have an incentive to grind out a greater variety of mob they can handle with increased skill reward for doing so, and mid lvl players will gain extra skills for grinding out a greater variety of tougher mob.

I started playing in 1st quarter 2010 and seem to recall only a few, maybe 4 mob added to mission's since then (Rex, Levi, Trask & Shinkiba come to mind, maybe someone will point the real total added since then), But wouldn't now be the time to add to the missions with these new changes?

BTW, I think the new system has good and not so good points for all involved, but overall I think not as bad as many may have predicted it to be, gives us lots to think about.

Last edited:
Could we have a decen eomon young spawn before the update so I can finish my eomon mission please?

It will stay 6000/10000

Well in my eyes its this new mission system a nerfs.so after the 9th october it will not be any missions for me i will only hunt the mobs who is fun to hunt.

Only mission i would take is the 12k Scoria mission.

Thank you very much for posting this! I better get moving on my 10K Shinkiba so I can get my +1 Stamina :) about 3,500 to go...

I also want to ask your opinion on changing the health of the Argonaut Scout 250 to 350, this has been wrong since day 1 of the game I think.
I say fix it.

Last edited:
1) Your statement is false in many cases, and not measureable in many other cases (as you would have to first determine the value of an attribute versus a skill, which is different depending on the individual).
2) How is that not a rebalance?
3) It had to be done. In fact, it should have been like this from the start.

Oh please, cut the BS.

Let's talk numbers, everything else is just an oppinion. (Numbers below exclude cornoanterion/traeskeron/rexetelum due to lack of data)

Code:
                   Before   After
Intelligence        16        8.7
Agility             24        10.73
Strength            23        9.25
Stamina             28        21.55

That should be clear enough, but let's take another perspective, amount of Hp needed to kill to get those attributes, counting smallest possible maturity.

To gather 16 Intelligence before change you needed to inflict 3 344 000 hp worth of damage (3.34mil). After change you need 42 825 000 hp (42.8mil!!) or 12 times more.

So, to get half as much attribute, you need to spend 12 times more peds. Yeah, one hell of a rebalance.

And it's also true for individual mission chains taken as a whole. Let's take Aurli, not a noob mob by any measure and one of the harder missions.

Before change: 200ped Athletics or 100ped FA/Diagnosis +1 Int, Agi, Strength, Psyche, Stamina
After change v1 (only skills) 174.3 Athletics or 87.16 FA/Diagnosis + 0 Attributes

If you take some attributes (let's say same amount of agi/stamina as before change, since these seems most in demand for hunters)

After change v2: 134.05 Athletics or 69.66 FA/Diagnosis + 1 Agi and 1.1 Stamina.

So from whichever perspective you look, numbers tell that it is a massive nerf. Not even talking about small mob missions which already were only worth doing because of stamina at the end, now they are totally useless.

Last edited:
There;s a lot I could say. OK, yeah, some of it is an improvement,

Disappointed that some of bigger mobs offer less skill than formerly. Hard to see the rationale for that. And pissed off that there's no time to finish any of the 5-10k missions that I left dangling, now that I see that I would have been a lot better off finishing those missions after all..

Can't reallly understand why people will now have to choose between stamina and skills? A stamina point just contributes a little bit towards your health. It's not worth giving up skills for. It's main value, as others have mentioned is as a sort of mission counter. Scan somebody , and you can tell from their stamina how many missions they completed. what's the problem with that?

But most of all:

Given that that this info comes so late in the day (considerably later than expected) it's surely only fair to extend the deadline for the change by a period equal to the delay in providing the info.

Then we have a decent chance to act on the info. Two-weeks-and- a-bit is no sort of chance

jay :)

I thought the tokens would let us choose the attribute?

X% of any attribute (not stamina). What happened?

I hope to see more steelbirds this month. Damn :(

There;s a lot I could say. OK, yeah, some of it is an improvement,

Disappointed that some of bigger mobs offer less skill than formerly. Hard to see the rationale for that. And pissed off that there's no time to finish any of the 5-10k missions that I left dangling, now that I see that I would have been a lot better off finishing those missions after all..

Can't reallly understand why people will now have to choose between stamina and skills? A stamina point just contributes a little bit towards your health. It's not worth giving up skills for. It's main value, as others have mentioned is as a sort of mission counter. Scan somebody , and you can tell from their stamina how many missions they completed. what's the problem with that?

But most of all:

Given that that this info comes so late in the day (considerably later than expected) it's surely only fair to extend the deadline for the change by a period equal to the delay in providing the info.

Then we have a decent chance to act on the info. Two-weeks-and- a-bit is no sort of chance

jay :)

You've had three months notice! :scratch2: Be lucky you even got that. And what did you expect from this nerf, was always going to go against the player.

I thought the tokens would let us choose the attribute?

X% of any attribute (not stamina). What happened?

I don't think that was ever on the table. The tokens let you choose when to convert your reward into actual attribute points.

:girl:

Can we have a way to gain Stamina other than through missions please? There has been so much temporary opportunity with this attribute, that we really need a way for those who want to "catch up" to gain the ability to do so, just as with every other skill in the game.

Also, do we get some time to do the mission now that the changes have arrived, or is the release still set for October 9th?

Can we have a way to gain Stamina other than through missions please? There has been so much temporary opportunity with this attribute, that we really need a way for those who want to "catch up" to gain the ability to do so, just as with every other skill in the game.
:wise: Pretty please?

And some ppl refused to believe its going to be a big fkin nerf as every rebalance so far :D

And some ppl refused to believe its going to be a big fkin nerf as every rebalance so far :D

Yup! Plan for the worst, hope for the best.. why do you think I set out to do my Agility Log after the announcement of the Nerf? :)

I am so glad I did now

Edit: on the same topic I also started a keep the +1 stamina petition that nobody ever bothered to sign and called me cray for doing so. :)

~Danimal

Yea you're right, I'll edit that in tomorrow.

@Atami
The total amount of Stamina Tokens in these missions is 2055 (20.5 stamina points) if I remember correctly. I think that is pretty close to the amount available from all missions on Calypso atm.

There are no plans for making the Tokens sellable since attributes are kind of the only thing that can't be bought in game. I have however considered the possibility of using them as event prizes, nothing thats decided though but could be fun.

Then allow me to refresh your goldfish memory.

Total amount of stamina on CALYPSO PRE to this "frackUP" where 30!!! 30 >>>> 20,5

Im a fawkin evader addict, i did chains that helped me with that (argo feff molisk atrox LT and soon-to-finish aurli), i have been cut by much during these quests but i didnt mind. But this nerf prevent me from doing any more mission chains as its just not worth it, i was planning to do spider neconu sumima scip quest lines at least, but guess MA doesnt want me to spend money on them, thx for letting me keep my peds ? :scratch2:

For those concerned about the reduction in overall attribute rewards on Calypso, perhaps on 9th October, Rocktropia will get its attribute missions back, as I didnt do any of them before they were removed.

Also look out for changes for the other planet partners like Arkadia.

Overall I like the changes, but that is probably because I have done 13 of the easier Iron missions (completed Ripper a few days ago) and received the 1 Stamina and the skill reward which will be reduced in October.

Overall I like the changes, but that is probably because I have done 13 of the easier Iron missions (completed Ripper a few days ago) and received the 1 Stamina and the skill reward which will be reduced in October.

For me it's kind'a the other way around; I haven't had the time this year for any really "big grind" (5 days off this summer from IRL job, and that time I spent far away from computer). And what had made me kind'a upset before was the missions thats been changed remvoing the stamina points (especially then the Rocktropia mission and the monkey mission on NI on which I was halfways but had to hurry back to Calypso because of a major event).

What's driven me with the missions has been, generally, attributes and then especially Stamina as missions has been the only way to up them, while other attributes and skills goes up in normal activities. At my level (mid-level) a 12.5 ped ESI is around 50 skill points in most skills, so say 1% (ie 5000 to 5050) so barely noticeable and even less noticeable at "profession" level.

(I should add I'm far from reaching 10k soon for any mob. Closest is around 2600/10k or so. For me, before the change as announced at least, most of the iron missions has been a very long term goal and a "side effect". And after the change it will go back to that, maybe even more as one of the mobs I do occasionally, Foul, is changed most of all. )

My stamina is 10, 9 from "old times" and 1 from the sweat camp mission. Besides from that, I don't see any more stamina increase (except, possibly, from Eomon).

Though, I understand the change - the Calypso staff has done the best to keep the old missions running as long as possible, especially as compared to Rocktropia so I can't complain about their efforts. And at least the mission I'm closest to compete have the stamina point left (718/1000 eomon to compare with 418/1000 longtooth) whenever now eomons return.

Last edited:
Hi, i dunno if i am speaking for the minority or the majority, my guess would be the minority, but the nerfs to attributes are really a huge blow for mission grinders who are going for attributes.
[...]
please dont nerf it that much!

It is a change that had to be done though, as else we would end up with players simply travelling around the universe finishing easy missions and having 50+ or 100+ in all attributes within a few months of starting after a while.

If we are forced to pick these tokens up can we at least make them generic so that we can choose to redeem them at a later time for whatever attribute? :rolleyes:

~Danimal

:offtopic:

MA put this up last night just so that we would forget or get away from the big conversation topic yesterday -> sales of banned avatars items and LA's.:wise:

Back