Rebalanced Mission Rewards

really nice to see this annonced a couple weeks before the change as well as the first announcement of the mission change which was 3 month in advance so players had a chance to finish some of the faster missions like I did. Won´t be able to finish all the I wish for but still good

Very nice communication here Charlie +rep and keep up the good work!

Im quite happy with the rebalance, getting rid of those nova's is a great step for one.

Charlie any chance this is the reason why the Ambulimax Iron Missions didnt come out.

And does this open the door to the Silver and Gold Missions that are alot harder and the rewards will be bigger, I assume the re-balance of the iron missions and some bronze missions, is paving the way for more challenging (silver and gold missions) tasks

It is a change that had to be done though, as else we would end up with players simply travelling around the universe finishing easy missions and having 50+ or 100+ in all attributes within a few months of starting after a while.

And what's wrong with that. You or MA have something against ava's seeking to increase their attributes? And isn't that the point of this game, to increase your skills & attributes to be better at anything you want to do in game?

Very good that it is more flexible in choices than it was before, wchich makes consecutive stages of mission not so disapointing.
Also great that all PP has to folow same border rules as for reward.
But it is NERF anyway, and for few peds TT of skill MA is saving it destroys all positive effect of those few goood changes. I cant belive u are so greed - we will dump tonnes of peds anyway to acomplish that.

:offtopic:

MA put this up last night just so that we would forget or get away from the big conversation topic yesterday -> sales of banned avatars items and LA's.:wise:

its about the BIG Ballance (of their card)

Who in the world trought the Reballance is done for PLAYERS and not for MA ?

They seen that they "loosing" too much by giving that HIGH skills, and they decide to REBALLANCE their cards.
What they did ? Cut everything in HALF, and they say they have REBALLANCED lol.

Take the simple example wich Moonbiter gave-> AURLI they are really NERFed the mission.... speachless.

Im on 5k of 10k aurlis, and im sure about that i wont have time to get done until 9 OCT, so even more pissed.

I would propose an other sistem, and more transparency, Why dont MA dosent make a Project where PLAYERS have to pay 1k / 5k / 10k or how much they Decide, instead of throwing us this "sand" in eyes with BIG ass Reballance. anyway we will LOOSE in the end. "No subscription FEE Monthly" (My ass)

In the end its done for THEM and not for US.

Ignoring the rebalanced rewards (won't find the time to compare old and new ones), I like the many choices we have now at each stage, especially the possibility to focus on skills for those who don't care about attributes.

Too bad this list is published less than 3 weeks before the rebalance itself, but I guess the date is perfect on MA's schedule... ;)

But why did I believe the new missions would all been in points rather than kills? :scratch2:
Must have missread something.

its about the BIG Ballance (of their card)

Who in the world trought the Reballance is done for PLAYERS and not for MA ?

Well , actually there was ONE rebalance in history of EU wchich was in favor of participants. It was change all of minig claims I into II somwhere in 2005 :D

...since then all "improvements" are usualy lowering of stats, prices, abilities, revard, posibilities, features etc. No wonder why all feel worried or sad about any upcoming changes. There was very little good experiences in the past with such :/

Except for those who will be stranded midway thru a 10k missions (no excuse really, we all knew that would be a bad thing to do) I think the changes are great :)

Interesting to hear MA uses as a max. number of attributes given to a single player has per planet partner. A side effect is that people going for attributes will have to move to another planet after a while to progress in that area. Another side effect is that the PP will have content reward problems in the longer run.

Of course, completing 10K in all missions requires more than dedication, one has to be a bit :loco: :yup:

Atami

Well done for all the work, I'm a bit tired ATM and confused; I have 4.9k to go for 16.6k Atrox. This means under the new system I'm going to lose around 50ped TT of evade?

Well , actually there was ONE rebalance in history of EU wchich was in favor of participants. It was change all of minig claims I into II somwhere in 2005 :D

I could probably name quite a few more if I thought about it (also, do remember that changes can be good without looking good at first glance).

One more recent rebalance I could mention that helped players in several different ways was the MindForce implant rebalance that for example increased the eco of MF by a lot and removed the previous "penalty" on upgrading gear in that profession.

Could we have a decen eomon young spawn before the update so I can finish my eomon mission please?

Please put a nice spawn of LongTooth a short ways away from them too please. I am only about 400/1000 on the LT mission. :dunce:

Only a few weeks to the re-balance of the mission rewards is not enough time of warning. I am sure many would like to have a few months now to finish the missions that will change in bad ways for where they are in the chain of the mission mob.

I don't care how rich anyone is...3 weeks isn't enough time to finish them before the change. This info about how they will be changed is great but a few months late.:rolleyes:

A little bit offtopic but can someone tell me lowest maturity that counts for the following iron missions and if possible which ones can be completed fastest (because of low mob hitpoints).

Atrax 100
Allo/Esto 100
Neconu 100
Eviscerator 100
Kreltin 100
Sumima 100
Aurli 100
Scipulor 500

Aye i just want to grind some intelligence points quickly before they are gone / shifted higher.
Actually its intresting that this change will allow to gain overall more intelligence points then before due to the requirements getting set higher so gaining them on the first step now will allow to gain more intelligence later on in the same mission chain again :)

A little bit offtopic but can someone tell me lowest maturity that counts for the following iron missions and if possible which ones can be completed fastest (because of low mob hitpoints).

Atrax 100
Allo/Esto 100
Neconu 100
Eviscerator 100
Kreltin 100
Sumima 100
Aurli 100
Scipulor 500

Aye i just want to grind some intelligence points quickly before they are gone / shifted higher.
Actually its intresting that this change will allow to gain overall more intelligence points then before due to the requirements getting set higher so gaining them on the first step now will allow to gain more intelligence later on in the same mission chain again :)

Hey John :) . Now you see why I am taking time off :laugh:. Trax and Allo are easiest of that lot, followed by Nec, Sumi, Scip.

Yep, i noticed that! Good news for int gains, provided that you a) complete the early stages soon ; and b) are happy to sacrifice a load of skill points/ The latter is a bit of a sticking-point for me :(

All maturities count for iron challenge, so just go for lowest maturity!

jay :)

Atrax 100
Allo/Esto 100
Neconu 100
Eviscerator 100
Kreltin 100
Sumima 100
Aurli 100
Scipulor 500

Young or Weak, depending on the mob. That is true for all iron missions chains, except for the bronze/silver parts.

Hey John :) . Now you see why I am taking time off :laugh:. Trax and Allo are easiest of that lot, followed by Nec, Sumi, Scip.

Yep, i noticed that! Good news for int gains, provided that you a) complete the early stages soon ; and b) are happy to sacrifice a load of skill points/ The latter is a bit of a sticking-point for me :(

All maturities count for iron challenge, so just go for lowest maturity!

jay :)

Thank you Jay :)
Any idea where to find the lowest maturity decent spawns for the above mobs ?

This change was necessary, and overall I'm happy with the result. It's pretty much what I expected, in fact they have not nerfed the attribute rewards nearly as badly as I thought they would. In fact, as John B said, I should actually end up with more attribute rewards than if I had just started on the missions now, due to the attribute rewards being shifted to the higher end.

I am very happy with my decision to go after the attribute missions before the deadline. As I stated at the beginning of my mission log, I care more for attributes than skills.

In all cases except Stamina and Strength, I have come out better than if I had done just the old, or just the new.

Here are some of my numbers (apologies if I have made mistakes, the info on Entropedia is not complete):
Stamina
Agility
Intelligence
Strength
Psyche
Old Rewards
New Rewards
Rewards gained
under old system
Rewards available in
new system
Total if all new
missions done

Last edited:
Here are some of my numbers (apologies if I have made mistakes, the info on Entropedia is not complete):
Stamina
Agility
Intelligence
Strength
Psyche
Old Rewards
New Rewards
Rewards gained
under old system
Rewards available in
new system
Total if all new
missions done

looool to short!!! :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

I do not see any reason to change the argo. You think it should always have been different? Fair enough, but it wasn't. Now, you want to change it...and what problem does this solve? I don't see how it solves a problem. You mention it would up the reward of missions. Maybe it does, but it will also increase the cost to hunt, and I am not quite certain the increased reward exceeds the higher cost (not to mention that not all argo kills are done as part of a mission.

We have too many low maturity argo running around. Scouts are often weaker than others, but faster and stealthy. I always interpreted them as being like this in argo as well. I hunt argo, young and scout. Adults are a challenge.

When you go from daik/shink to argo, the leap is quite big. Especially if you are somewhat forced to take on the high maturity mobs. Increase the hp and you once again make the game more expensive (which will hurt all of us: player and developers), you increase the gap (discouraging newer players, who may drop out, taking along their credit card elsewhere) and you solve no problem whatsoever,

looool to short!!! :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

I'm going to assume you're laughing at MA and not at me ;).

I should also mention that the table refers only to Calypso missions, if the Ark missions are changed in a similar way, and if I manage to finish the 5 more Agility missions that I plan to, then the ratio becomes:

Old rewards: 25 Agility

Rewards gained under old system: 18 Agility

Rewards available under new system: 11.55 Agility

Total if all new missions done: 28.55 Agility ~ 14% more Agility

Thanks MA :thumbup:.

Of course it only really makes sense for me to do this for Agility. My levels in the other attributes are not high enough. The advantage gained by the ability to keep the fragments until higher levels outweighs the lower value.

This sounds like a great solution. :wtg:

I have one request though, regarding an educated choice between skills and attributes.

We already have some idea as to the effect of skills.

Attributes are still a bit of a mystery as to what they truly affect and how.

Perhaps some clarification on attributes would help us make a wiser decision for our goals.

Aside from that one request, looks great to me, more options to do what we want with earned rewards is truly awesome.

Read all the posts and feels like many are disspleased with aurli changes. i have one question about that, do we still get the bucked when we complete the 10k iron?:)

The thing i moste dislike is that we dont get 1 full stamina on atrox anymore, such a high profile mob.

but over i do i like changes, no more novas!!! :)D)

/Spikey

So the mission reward is based upon the same percentage per mob throughout the mission chain. In other words you get the same percentage reward for every mob killed (once you collect).

Charlie was that intentional for Armax? (see pic)

I have not checked all mobs.

Rick

Not a happy participant

I for one don´t like this change one bit. It´s actually a huge decrease in rewards. As was pointed out in an early reply, the Aurli chain was decreased from 200 ped athletics and Charlie pointed out that it was not so bad if the skills for all parts of the chain is considered. Fine, but what if I want the attributes, then the skills are a whole lot less....for Aurli 104.3 ped, that´s a biiiig change. I don´t even want to sum up the "loss" in skills compared to the rewards active now. :mad:

People also seem to be forgetting the actual usefullness of getting skills throughout the mission. If you get a chunk of evade after 5k mobs then that will help reduce costs to kill the 10k mobs.

:offtopic:

MA put this up last night just so that we would forget or get away from the big conversation topic yesterday -> sales of banned avatars items and LA's.:wise:

Why would they want to? Don't they get the money from the sales? Wouldn't talk increase the prices? Wouldn't it be a good thing to all honest players if word gets around what happens to exploiters? So many questions...

:scratch:

So the mission reward is based upon the same percentage per mob throughout the mission chain. In other words you get the same percentage reward for every mob killed (once you collect).

Charlie was that intentional for Armax? (see pic)

I have not checked all mobs.

Rick

You are right the reward is supposed to be 17.08 PED, it was incorrectly counted as in the same category as Rifle, Handgun etc. Thank you, my mistake don't get mad at Rick now for pointing this out. I'll edit that in the OP.

Back