Votes: 12 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

remontoire

Marauder
Society
Bravo Three-Nil
John itwasntme Remontoire
I also want to ask your opinion on changing the health of the Argonaut Scout 250 to 350, this has been wrong since day 1 of the game I think. It affects the reward of the Bronze challenge since it's based
on the lowest maturity you can kill in the mission making it close to the same as if it had been Argonaut young. This would increase the reward you see on the Argonaut Bronze challenge here by about 25%.

In the hope that by being in its own thread, people will see, comment, be aware and that there will as a result be less flames if and when this does get implemented. I'm also adding a poll to count opinions.

Please don't use this as a platform for random flaming.

I voted Yes, Charlie gave us the reason so I don't see what else needs to be said.

I say change it

I voted Yes, Charlie gave us the reason so I don't see what else needs to be said.

So any reason given makes you vote yes?

The reason given is not one which I find very convincing. My vote is NO.
The number of low maturity argo is way too low already. The jump from daikiba to argo is a big one, and without scouts being as they are, I see a big gap which new and aspiring players might be strongly discouraged by.

They nerfed our mining, they nerfed our scanning, they will nerf your attributes and they want to nerf our Argonauts. Hold the line :laugh: I don`t hunt scouts so I don`t care but suddenly voted NO, sry.

Why have you referred to this as a NERF in big capital letters? It's not a nerf if the original situation was clearly a mistake. They are merely making a long overdue correction of an ingame error.

It's kind of Charlie to ask our opinion at all, a correction like this in EU or pretty much any other game would normally just be a footnote in the release notes. I hope they correct some of the other wrong hp/maturity mobs while they're at it.

Why have you referred to this as a NERF in big capital letters? It's not a nerf if the original situation was clearly a mistake. They are merely making a long overdue correction of an ingame error.

It's kind of Charlie to ask our opinion at all, a correction like this in EU or pretty much any other game would normally just be a footnote in the release notes. I hope they correct some of the other wrong hp/maturity mobs while they're at it.

How was it CLEARLY a mistake? There is no law carved in stone saying that higher maturity MUST always have more health. Look at any military game and you will see scouts usually score high on stealth and speed and less on strength and armour.

I always considered scouts in that way.

Just because now suddenly someone says "it's always been a mistake" doesn't make it so. Changing it is making the game harder and more expensive. For what purpose? Does it improve the game in any way? I do not see it.

Voted yes. I understand that you want to kill them the cheaper way, but "cheaper" isn't only what you spend but also what you get back. More HP means bigger loot per mob, better chance to score a 20+ pedder or a global. That's why I mostly broke even doing the Bronze, slowly but surely killing only Hunters and greater, but totally lost during the argo event, not scoring a single global after many thousands scout kills.

They do not "nerf" the argonauts.....

Isn't it more like a "buff" if they make the argo stronger?

Last time I checked nerf was when you made something weaker, I.E they nerf skill/attribute/whatever... If they nerf argonauts then shouldn't they get weaker?

Bigger HP bigger chance for bigger loots with the same loot table on the argonauts!

Yummie!

Also that's very nice for the bronze mission =)

Voted yes. I understand that you want to kill them the cheaper way, but "cheaper" isn't only what you spend but also what you get back. More HP means bigger loot per mob, better chance to score a 20+ pedder or a global. That's why I mostly broke even doing the Bronze, slowly but surely killing only Hunters and greater, but totally lost during the argo event, not scoring a single global after many thousands scout kills.

More HP = More loot...

it would sound sensible, but there is no proof to back it up. All I recall is that ammo spent goes to the lootpool, and it is assumed there is a lootpool per creature, not maturity. But then again, many also assumed the existance of a personal lootpool.

Personally, I have no data to back up the concept of more loot for higher maturity. My observations are the reverse: those high maturities I killed, always dissappointed. But that is a very biased view, which is not supported by substantial data from a large enough data pool.

They do not "nerf" the argonauts.....

Isn't it more like a "buff" if they make the argo stronger?

It would technically be a buff, yes ;) However, everybody has forgotten that word.

He had a very valid reason. No reason to complain when they are correcting passed errors because it's suddenly less convenient

I like fixing bugs - this is a bug since the beginning.

yes - fix it

I voted no, because I got the feeling long time ago it was a deliberate thought. Comparable health to youngs but harder hitting. A young, little health and little combat experience. Mature, full "normal" health, normal combat experience. Scout, less health; let's say because of having less armor, less protective bodyfat and biceps to be more agile - but more skilled in combat than an average Adult.

And there are other mobs where the default maturity order isn't followed strictly (formicacida watcher, scaboreas provider).

But this is just my thought about it.

After killing quite a lot of Argonauts, I support the change to increasing the Scout HP (it is only by 100hp), although I do appreciate it makes it harder for those who have yet to complete the Argonaut Bronze. The upside is it should result in larger skill rewards if they go ahead.

I consider it a fix like the one removing Argonaut skulls from Daikiba - who remembers that one? :)

Who cares, they took 95% of the iron away. That was the real nerf.

Back