Someone try to hack my account?

DRDoom

Elite
Society
Why So Serious
DRDoom
I got a mail wednesday from plbicker@gmail.com:

You have asked to reset your password on Entropedia.
Login: ***** (blanked out)
Reset code: ****** (I blanked out the reset code)

- Entropedia

I did not requested a password reset :confused:

Last edited:
Probably not a good idea to post your login name here on PCF, someone might try his luck and guess your password... That may cause you some unnecessary troubles.

Probably not a good idea to post your login name here on PCF, someone might try his luck and guess your password... That may cause you some unnecessary troubles.

Blanked out the username, guessing the password won't be that easy, but why would anyone want to get access to entropedia via someone else his account?
The only thing you can do is update information and everyone can make an account to do that.

On the forum you could impersonate someone to get things maybe ingame, but for the wiki, I don't know whats the possible gain.

Blanked out the username, guessing the password won't be that easy, but why would anyone want to get access to entropedia via someone else his account?
The only thing you can do is update information and everyone can make an account to do that.

On the forum you could impersonate someone to get things maybe ingame, but for the wiki, I don't know whats the possible gain.

Because someone might have the same password in EU?

No idea lol, just checked my mail if its not a global thing or something, but only password requests were done when I forgot my login like 2 years ago.

Maybe someone tried to register a similar username and wasn't sure if it's he who already have registered it sometime in the past :). I do it sometimes on various sites and often it turns out it really was me years before :silly2:

Back