Reasoning on the poor instance tt return?

Svena

Prowler
Society
The NBK
Svena svena Faraday
Just wanted to post here to see if Kim has any incite on MA's reasoning behind the instance loot returns.

From my understanding and personal runs, all the instances such as beacons, RT instances and Ark key instances have around 75% tt return, usually within +/-5% of 75% tt return each run.

Beacons have hit near tt food and are almost never run anymore, key instances and RT instances are quickly following behind. It seems MA's great idea to allow them to very rarely (but at a slightly higher rate than outside the instances) loot rare/high MU stuff at the cost of have shit TT back is failing horribly. A few hundred ped in MU every 10+ runs doesn't mean anything when you've lost Ks of peds extra running them

My question is, does MA realize just how costly -25% tt every run is? Do they not realize that practices such as this are just forcing Entropia farther into the niche game corner? :scratch2:

In order for one person to win, many must loose. :wise:

If everybody wins then MindArk and the Planet Partners will loose.. and they cant never loose :)

~Danimal

If everybody wins then MindArk and the Planet Partners will loose.. and they cant never loose :)

~Danimal
Yeah but it seems like everyone loses and it only takes a couple days for it to happen."shrugs" I guess MA thinks theres a sucker born every minute.:nana:

Yeah but it seems like everyone loses and it only takes a couple days for it to happen."shrugs" I guess MA thinks theres a sucker born every minute.:nana:

I don't think everybody loses every time even on TT. Peopel who got Lion parts certainly could use that to cover many bad runs.

Think of each instance as 'one mob' with its loot split between 21 boxes or whatever, you need to kill 1000 mobs or so to start seeing an even return, so its the same with instances.

you need to kill 1000 mobs or so to start seeing an even return, so its the same with instances.

Which is one of the main things thats turning people off to this game. You gotta kill/spend so damn much to begin to see any type of stable return (which I personally never have).

-Bemo-

just to say: i did 18 instances, key 1-7, and every instance was a big lost. I never got 75% payback !
If this will be standard loot, i never will do more instances!

In the old style beacons it was usually loots of high markup items such as flare filters that gave a profit but a lot of those items got moved to the standard hunting loot when the beacons were removed .

But so many instances are being run compared to the old style beacons it's probably screwing with the loot distribution algo's. Only one beacon could be run at any of the locations in vu9 but now it's as many as the servers can cope with.

It's even worse on the Ark instances because the keys are crafted and not found by miners so the supply isn't being limited as much.

Last edited:
The only instances I have ever done in this game are the Calypso beacons and they usually give decent returns (had below 80% once I think, in maybe a couple of dozen done) :dunno:

MA wanted beacons to have no markup. :cool:

Could just be me but i think the lower level key instances give better returns, lvl 4 and under FYI.

And it has also only been the higher ones where a chest will give me no loot. Maybe these no looting chests are actually supposed to be dropping something that they aren't, that would make up for the low return?

Could just be me but i think the lower level key instances give better returns, lvl 4 and under FYI.

I would bet that's because you are using less peds on mob killing when compared to key tt. Because loot at the end is made up two factors, the key tt (which you get if you just run though and kill just the boss) and some compensation for the mobs you kill.

What seems to be the problem is that compensation for mobs killed is way off. (And you do spent alot, key 7 instance is around 500+ peds, key 10 is over 1k). So the bigger the cost to kill mobs gets in proportion to key tt, the more you're losing.

At least that's how i see it.

Isn't there a chance to loot Lion armour parts and unlimited sib longblades in these kinds of instances?

~Danimal

How exactly would everyone be winning at 90% return which is normal longterm in other professions? Loot is in 99% times robot tt crap, with an item once in a blue moon.

Now that the initial rush has died down, and barely anyone is bothering with instances, everyone is indeed losing. Miners, who get no MU for treasure, Crafters who's stocks of keys are droping in price, people who instead of enjoying new activity are forced to abandon it because of crappy returns, and PP, because their precious development time is wasted on a thing which people will soon forget. (Like the beacons seem to be already on Calypso).

So that was pretty weak trolling attempt from your side.

Back