Serica Turns 6 Today

Gratz on the birthday and on your first 1K! I hope the new year brings you a tower and other success!

First: Congratz on your VI year anniversary via EU

Second: An enjoyable read and appreciate you sharing - as it is another amazing and positive testimony in how EU's community is so dynamic :cool:

Third: You will get your tower one day; its just a matter of when; gl!

Cheerz,
Vi

First: Congratz on your VI year anniversary via EU

Second: An enjoyable read and appreciate you sharing - as it is another amazing and positive testimony in how EU's community is so dynamic :cool:

Third: You will get your tower one day; its just a matter of when; gl!

Cheerz,
Vi

Thanks - actually up to year VIII now though :)

Lately when I log in, I'm just grinding Iron missions and helping out where I can in Rookie chat - things that don't need a lot of concentration and where I can be afk for a while without losing track of what I'm doing.

I prefer mining when I can log in during my early afternoons. I still use Squee's old NRF program to map every drop and find (although now I have to enter the data manually), and it's easier when I have a clear chunk of time to be ingame without too many distractions.

This past year, all too often I've had RL stuff to do during that time of day - like looking after my grandkids and other family stuff. But I love doing that too, so no complaints :girl:

As you say, the tower will come one day.

Happy Birthday, Serica! :)

Gratz on your EU anniversary Serica :)

Rick

Can moderator's change thread title's to reflect their actual in-game age? :laugh:

Happy 8th birthday Serica! ;)

:birthday:

Oh my, is it 8 years already ..
Good memories those early experiences on Calypso, and meeting you at some outpost (it no longer exists or i would visit it for a little reminescing) while i was exploring and trying to make it to the next tp, and all the good that followed :)

Happy arrivalday :)

even if I noticed a lil late
Happy Bday Serica :)

Oh! Happy belated birthday Serica :dance::dj:

Happy PE(EU)AvatarDay! For more years to come!

As I wrote 2 years ago: keep enjoying the game :D Happy b-day:yay:

Happy (belated) EU anniversary Serica.

Dirk

Serica Turned 9 Yesterday

Updated for this year:

Total Deposits since 2006: 8592USD (avg under 25USD/wk)
No deposits this year.
Total Withdrawals: 2000USD
Net Deposits: 6592USD

DateESI%Total SkillsNet Skill ValueNet Profit on ItemsTotal Profit
26Sept07-463344021.03ped536.15ped4557.18ped
26Sept08-8326010888.62ped19856.60ped30747.22ped
26Sept09596%10755912164.92ped34653.51ped 46818.43ped
26Sept10501%1236898735.39ped40620.13ped49355.52ped
26Sept11585%13913110274.74ped40098.55ped 50373.29ped
26Sept12643%1536368968.43ped48041.38ped56853.28ped
26Sept13750%1668297467ped86949.56ped94416.56ped
26Sept14859%1749096467ped86657ped93124ped
26Sept15958%18660612431ped147095ped159526ped
(ESI and skill value this year calculated with Entropedia's Skill Calculator with skill values from ingame Auction (week avg) , CLD valued at 1743ped each)

The big increase in profit is again mainly due to the currently high value for CLD.
My withdrawal earlier this year was funded by putting aside some of the CLD payment each week.
Overall it's been a good year, although I'm not able to play anywhere near as much as I'd like due to RL issues (There were even 2 nights I couldn't log in at all. :eyecrazy:) So skill gains are low this year. What there was is mainly from grinding low level Iron missions, and recently some tree harvesting.

While updating my skills on Entropedia, I noticed I've unlocked Archaeological Lore - it must have been fairly recently, so I'll have to do a search of my chat logs and see if I can find the date for my sig.

Reactions: jod
Happy Birthday :)

Thanks for the great reads. Glad you're still here, Serica.

Happy EU Bday!

"Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday, Ms. President

Happy birthday to you!"

Yes, I sang that in the voice of Marilyn Monroe. Now you can never ban me again because that gift was too good!

Happy birthday :) Nice post :):)

Yes, I sang that in the voice of Marilyn Monroe. Now you can never ban me again because that gift was too good!

You know I'm a grandma, right? :girl:

Marilyn just doesn't do it for me, sorry :D
Thanks for the thought though :)

26Sept14 859% 174909 6467ped 86657ped 93124ped
26Sept15 958% 186606 12431ped 147095ped 159526ped

Is this bullshit?

(Only what others are thinking, if I get 1 month holiday then I got my answer)

Last edited:
26Sept14 859% 174909 6467ped 86657ped 93124ped
26Sept15 958% 186606 12431ped 147095ped 159526ped

Is this bullshit?

(Only what others are thinking, if I get 1 month holiday then I got my answer)

My skills are all entered on Entropedia. Feel free to use the skill calc tool there, adding the currently ingame weekly auction value, if you think it's wrong. Although it was after 1am by the time I finished, and I was getting pretty tired, I'm reasonably sure I got the entries right.

As I posted above, some of the increased value is accounted for with CLD values increasing from 1300 in the previous year to yesterday's weekly MU of 1743.

There's also that I have been able to retain quite a lot of the weekly payout on the CLDs this year. This has 2 causes:
1. I have always played within a budget that accommodates changes in the AUD/USD exchange rate.
When the AUD is high, that's 30AUD/wk; when it's low (as it is now) that's 20AUD a week.
CLD income in excess of that is set aside for future withdrawals, until such time as I've withdrawn as much as I've deposited.
When Lala died a few years ago, leaving no record of her log-in information for her family, who in any case had no idea how to go about winding up her avatar, I realised that there was a potential for a similar thing to happen to me.
So, my long term strategy for some time has been to set aside some of the CLD payments each week to withdraw - until I've withdrawn as much as I've deposited in total over the years. That's going to take til around 2017/2018 I'd say.
After that, any 'profit' can go into avatar growth. Certainly, I could just sell off CLD and items and withdraw right now - but I'd prefer to keep my toys :)
It takes a certain amount of self-discipline and patience, and a long term view of my involvement here - but I've always had that. :wise:

2. Sheer lack of time to play. At present I play only late at night, for an hour or so. One day that will change, and I can go back to playing more, but perhaps not too soon.
My close friends and colleagues know the reason for this. For anyone else, it's none of your business.

It takes a certain amount of self-discipline and patience, and a long term view of my involvement here - but I've always had that. :wise:

That's the understatement of the century :tongue2:

And Congrats of course :wtg:

Ok, well considering I know you dont play too often in-game due to lack of free time, and you have already stated zero deposits in the past year....

You did well, very well.

I'm not going to micro analyse your performance. I'm personaly happy if I've broken even.

Keep doing whatever you are doing, I suppose.

Congratulations
for what you achieved, for your efforts and ...for keeping "Great" patience in this forum! :silly2:

Great to learn the "history" behind the avatar.

Be well and keep up.

Happy Birthday Serica!

Dirk

I see this is necroed..

Congratulations on very cool stats for a player!! I must say they are admirable to say the very least!

Cheers Jung & Wanda

Back