Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    FruSnabel FruSnabel FruSnabel
    Society
    RELICS
    Images

More PCF Frontpage News Articles?

Is PlanetCalypsoForum dead?

Of course it's not, I even dare to say it looks better then in a long time, both the game, the game economy, the community and the community effort being done by MindArk and Planet Calypso AB. Therefore I must ask a question, and I know that I'm not the first person to ask this question. Both discussions and threads have been done that concerns this matter. But I am pressing for it... one more time...

The question I have is:

Why is the latest front page news not updated since June 26th??!!

I see Charlie and Kim etc here often on the forum, posting relevant information and partakes in discussions. To me it looks like you are upping your community efforts, which I really really like. How hard can it then be to also post some news on the frontpage? Today you posted the winners from the Molisk Mania event in the clientloader, why not on PCF?

The first impression you get if you, as an old player, are coming back to see how the game is going, is that the most active Entropia oriented forum for the largest planet in the Entropia Universe is on first glance practically dead? It looks like a website that's not being updated anymore and could fool both old players returning and new players trying to get a first impression of the game and the community. Not everyone clicks into the forum at first, at first you see the headlines and the news. This is a community site, and in many ways a news site, and as far as I know, a news site is and should be updated frequently.

Please, Mr or Mrs responsible for updating the front page, for the sake of the individual player, the community as a whole and also for the sake of the employees at Mindark and Planet Calypso. Please update the front page of PlanetCalypsoForum.com more, or make sure the person responsible for it to do it more.

If this news drought is a way to lure players back to entropiaforum, where the frontpage is updated with news, it's not working. It's at PCF people hang out and discuss, it's here newcomers come for help and guidance.

Regards.
    Last edited by FruSnabel; 10-01-2012 at 20:42.
    MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No

It just has too many subforums and there are too many planet forums instead of just one united platform forum.

All bad decisions IMO.
    Oink oink oink !!!

Super Moderator
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Harena Serica Turbinis
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's a good point FruSnabel, though I'm not sure just posting the latest Bertha Bot thread to the front page is the answer.

PCF (formerly EF) used to have a bunch of regular writing contributors who created new articles for the front page - Skam, Pinky, Dion Red, MS9, and SirOdd all spring to mind. It was part of what made the forum so much fun to read. I think JimmyB is the only one of that group still regularly active here.

I'm an avid reader - and have high regard for those wordsmiths who can create interesting and engaging stories
    But I suck as a creative writer.

I'd love to see a active creative team here again. If you know of any players with the requiste skills, perhaps you could ask them to post their availability, and a small sample of their work for 711 to consider ?
    Born in Entropia: 26Sept06... Skills Unlocked: MMS 16Nov06, RDA 16May07, Animal Taming 12Jul07, Serendipity 23Dec07, PC 25Apr08, ESL 10May08,
    CGA 23Dec08, MatExtrMeth 4Mar09, BPC 30Mar09, MDA 8Aug09, Extr 6Oct09, Coolness 17Apr10, Martial Arts 22Apr11, Medicine&Treatment 23Aug11,
    150HP 7Aug12, Wounding 27Mar13, C.Sense 12Aug13, Avoid 27Aug13

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    FruSnabel FruSnabel FruSnabel
    Society
    RELICS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a good point FruSnabel, though I'm not sure just posting the latest Bertha Bot thread to the front page is the answer.

PCF (formerly EF) used to have a bunch of regular writing contributors who created new articles for the front page - Skam, Pinky, Dion Red, MS9, and SirOdd all spring to mind. It was part of what made the forum so much fun to read. I think JimmyB is the only one of that group still regularly active here.

I'm an avid reader - and have high regard for those wordsmiths who can create interesting and engaging stories

I'd love to see a active creative team here again. If you know of any players with the requiste skills, perhaps you could ask them to post their availability, and a small sample of their work for 711 to consider ?
    Good post Thanks!

Yeah I absolutely agree that posting Bertha Bot threads is not the answer, although I believe news concerning announcements and winners of events should be posted here, and I also think the VU-notes should be posted here (not the small update five days after a VU with a bug fix, but the big ones) and important news. Along with these news I would love to see written articles. In my ideal world it would be a mix of both MA/Planet Calypso AB news and player written articles.

It's a shame that many good writers are not active here anymore Unfortunately I don't believe myself to be one of those good writers myself and I don't know who would be a good choice for it either. I just mainly want to point out the lack of front page updating.

But I really would love to see more active creative writers here!
    MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Site Admin
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I agree that the PCF front page could and should be updated more frequently, and have recently been considering putting together a new PCF reporter staff to address this issue.

Anyone interested in joining the news staff or in submitting an article related to Planet Calypso for publication on the PCF front page is welcome to contact me via PM here on the forum.

As for the Calypso representatives such as Charlie and Kim who are active on PCF, please remember that they are game developers not community managers, so it's not really fair to blame them for the lack of front page content.

Misleading thread title edited.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Spike Spike Black
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    Skam did make a brief appearance in May but I guess after the crap she took from some while FPC rep that maybe some of the love is gone (not surprising tbh).
    9 pairs of foot guards looted since October 2007
    "Life is an endless, relentless series of grinding disappointments" - Al Murray pub landlord.
    Current record for longest time between globals - 3 years 10 months

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mastermesh Mesh
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images

My suggestion: Wollongong

When is someone going to update the frontpage?

Hey,

When is someone going to update the frontpage with something new?

I got like the eomon migration from

Published on 06-26-2012

Thats like 3 months ago without anything happen here.

Is the frontpage standing still?

With hopefully new players arriving at this forum it would be good with some kind of updates or interviews or anything.

I can point you to a forum that has regular frontpage changed, but as I understand it that is not appreciated here

Super Moderator
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Harena Serica Turbinis
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Can I consider this an application to the NewsCrew?

See thread here: Calling all journalists, writers and other wordsmiths

And I'll merge this thread with FruSnabel's one on the same subject just a few days ago, while I'm at it.
    Born in Entropia: 26Sept06... Skills Unlocked: MMS 16Nov06, RDA 16May07, Animal Taming 12Jul07, Serendipity 23Dec07, PC 25Apr08, ESL 10May08,
    CGA 23Dec08, MatExtrMeth 4Mar09, BPC 30Mar09, MDA 8Aug09, Extr 6Oct09, Coolness 17Apr10, Martial Arts 22Apr11, Medicine&Treatment 23Aug11,
    150HP 7Aug12, Wounding 27Mar13, C.Sense 12Aug13, Avoid 27Aug13