Help: Regeneration Chip X decay

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
I was trying to work out the decay per click of my Regen Chip X and it seems to alternate between 3pec to 4 pec per heal in no particular order? Those who have done decay tests before, is this normal?

Cheers
Bjorn

Hi
I was trying to work out the decay per click of my Regen Chip X and it seems to alternate between 3pec to 4 pec per heal in no particular order? Those who have done decay tests before, is this normal?

Cheers
Bjorn

How "alternate"?

It is probably 3.3 PEC and due to rounding it shows 3 (3.3 rounded down) and then 4 (6.6 rounded up - the 3 from before)

There is only one reliable method to test decay, please search for "fruit method" (or dung method)

Well it is probably somewhere between 3 and 4 then... After all, there are decimals after the "regular" two we can not see so because of the way it rounds the displayed TT up/down it will appear to decay differently from time to time.

To be able to see the decay with more than two decimals accuracy, you have to do a fruit test (put the item in the TT sell window, add fruit one at a time until the last decimal changes... then use it once and do the same).

Example:

An item has a TT value of 10.0000PED, displayed as 10.00PED.
It is used once, displaying a remaining TT value of 9.49PED.
When you put it in the TT sell window with 75 fruits, the sell value is suddenly 9.5PED.
You can therefore deduct that the real TT value after use is 9.4925PED, meaning total decay of the item is 50.75PEC per use.

There is only one reliable method to test decay, please search for "fruit method" (or dung method)

Actually, I have heard that using a shop or shopkeeper to determine decay is even more exact and reliable, but as I do not own one I am not sure how that method works :dunno:

yea, fruit/dung/sweat/nova/blazer

Get enough for 1pecs worth (1000 units)

stick ur item in TT and then add some fruit until the value rises 1pec.

for example you have 13.31ped TT and once u add 462fruits the TT is 13.32

this means the item has 13.31538 ped in reality.. So click the regen chip once, and do the same

again example it decayed to 13.27ped and you add 152fruits for it to be 13.28 meaning 13.27848ped in reality

so 13.31538 - 13.27848 = 0.0369 meaning 3.69pec per use

PS: All numbers are unrelated to the regen chip, all EXAMPLES :)

-Edit- Nighthawk was faster at showing how it works :p

Actually, I have heard that using a shop or shopkeeper to determine decay is even more exact and reliable, but as I do not own one I am not sure how that method works :dunno:

How "more reliable"? The fruit method tests milli-PEC, the smallest unit inside EU - how could something be more accurate than that?

You can use ammo instead of fruits now, too - repair up to full TT, use it 10 times, then add ammo (smaller stacks, later add single units only) until it just shows the full TT of the fully repaired chip.

Divide added ammo by 10 (10 uses) and you're done.

How "more reliable"? The fruit method tests milli-PEC, the smallest unit inside EU - how could something be more accurate than that?

You can use ammo instead of fruits now, too - repair up to full TT, use it 10 times, then add ammo (smaller stacks, later add single units only) until it just shows the full TT of the fully repaired chip.

Divide added ammo by 10 (10 uses) and you're done.

If the smallest unit is milli-PEC, then why would you bother using the item ten times? Once would suffice.

Hi

Cheers
Bjorn

is it uL bjorn? if its L i can test it on one and report back.

If the smallest unit is milli-PEC, then why would you bother using the item ten times? Once would suffice.

Ammo = 0.0001 PED = 0.01 PEC = 10 mPEC

(Unless entropedia is wrong about the value of weapon cells)

Fruits/Dung are 1 mPEC each, that's 0.00001 PED

That is correct.... I placed the instructions on how to do it on entropiawiki.com a long long time ago already.. the reason why the shop/shopkeeper method is the most accurate is because any person with a calculator can easily see all the decimal places and then subtract it from the remainder after one use.

Just remember to move the decimal place over two places when inputting the information into entropiawiki.com otherwise it would be incorrect.

edit: here is the information that I entered in from entropiawiki.com in case you can not find it...

Shop/Shopkeeper method

General Information
This method of decay testing is 100% accurate of the other tests. It works by subtracting the initial value from the final value of TT in order to obtain the difference (decay value). This test requires at least two uses left on the item and does not need to be at FULL TT.

How to do it
Place your item into a Shop/Shopkeeper.
Check on the price listing as if you are going to list it up for sale. This will show you the EXACT value of TT you have left on the item. Make sure to record this number down exactly as it appears.
Take the item out of the Shop/Shopkeeper and then use the item ONE time.
Place the item back into the Shop/Shopkeeper.
Check on the price listing as if you are going to list it up for sale. This will show you the EXACT value of TT you have left on the item. Make sure to record this number down exactly as it appears.
Take the initial value that you had and subtract it from the final value to obtain your decay value. Example: 5.00 (initial TT value) and 4.9821000 (after use TT value) 5.00 - 4.9821000 = 0.0179
To add this value from the example (0.0179) into entropedia, move the decimal place over to the RIGHT, TWO places like so: (1.79)

~Danimal

the reason why the shop/shopkeeper method is the most accurate is because any person with a calculator can easily see all the decimal places and then subtract it from the remainder after one use.

That's not "most accurate", because the accuracy is exactly the same as with the other methods.

Maybe it's less error prone and easier/faster, but it is surely the least useful, because it requires a shop/shopkeeper.

I'm just shocked that someone being around for 3 years and so much cash hasn't looked into the basics yet.

Back