Suggestion: Add Kill Points and Kill Efficiency columns to Creatures table

Deeveon

Dominant
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Devon Deeveon Knight
I would like to suggest that Entropedia add a Kill Points column to the Creatures table so that we know how many kill points each maturity is worth towards a mission?

And then a Kill Efficiency column that automatically calculates the ratio of Kill Points to HP (i.e. Kill Points / HP) so that we can quickly determine which maturity is most efficient to hunt.

I thought about this but it won't work adding it to the mob as the points will vary for different levels of mission (iron, bronze etc). I think it would have to be added to the mission info, rather than the mob info, and you should already be able to do that (only as a text addition though, not a data table).

Interesting idea. +rep. Perhaps a PAR value to aim for?

eg.
A mob Scan reveals:
Expected Maximum Kill efficiency ratio of current mob: xx.xx (with current equipped weapon setup (including all attachments & amps)).

After mob death combat text states:
Your combat efficiency ratio was: xx.xx.

This way we:
* have some method of guaging our efficiency.
* perhaps even develop future tools to extrapolate the combat logs for fine tuning each mob and weapons.
* improve some skills via scanning each mob frequently with different setups. :)

I thought about this but it won't work adding it to the mob as the points will vary for different levels of mission (iron, bronze etc). I think it would have to be added to the mission info, rather than the mob info, and you should already be able to do that (only as a text addition though, not a data table).

How certain are you that the number of kill points for a particular maturity varies by mission? Or are you just referring to the fact that lower maturities don't count at all towards the bronze/silver missions and therefore would be something like 5 pts for iron, but 0 pts for bronze/silver? If that's all you mean, then I think it would still be a good idea to add it to the creature table and then people can manually filter out maturities that don't count for the bronze/silver missions easily enough.

How certain are you that the number of kill points for a particular maturity varies by mission? Or are you just referring to the fact that lower maturities don't count at all towards the bronze/silver missions and therefore would be something like 5 pts for iron, but 0 pts for bronze/silver? If that's all you mean, then I think it would still be a good idea to add it to the creature table and then people can manually filter out maturities that don't count for the bronze/silver missions easily enough.

There aren't yet any mission chains that have the points system at more than one level, so it's not really relevant now, but so far I believe it's always 6 points for the lowest scoring maturity (other than the Longooth/Exa Elite one which has a different structure).

So for example, for the Argo Silver mission a Guardian scores 6 points, whereas on Plongu it's Young that scores 6 points. If we were to get a Plongu Bronze in the future, most likely Old would score 6 points instead of the 7 points it gives for Iron.

As I say, not something that would affect your suggestion now, but probably would mess it up in the future.

I don't see anything wrong with just adding the info to the mission entry, it's not useful for anything outside of the mission anyway.

Back