NASA develops robotic exoskeleton for space

Serica

Society
Antipodean Army
Harena Serica Turbinis
Isn't it about time we got mech-suits ingame? Seems RL is catching up quickly :)

NASA develops robotic exoskeleton for space
NASA has created a new robotic space technology, following on from its work on Robonaut 2.

We've seen robotic exoskeletons before — the US military, for example, is working on the tech — but we have to admit, we think space exploration a much better application.

The X1 exoskeleton, developed jointly by NASA and the Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC), can be worn around the user's legs to either assist or inhibit movement. It weighs approximately 25 kilograms, but in zero gravity, that won't matter much... <more>

Saw one a few years ago on a James May show but the Nasa one is slightly better finished (bigger budgets help) to this one

I really like Mech, or mech parts to have, but NO, is not time to see new things, not before we get Taming back and most of the bug are fixed. And as i know, we get soon a new avatar system! And how we know, 99% possible it have a lot more bugs to fix then!

Mech would be cool, but please not yet!

nasa have a mech suit that inhibits movement. I don't think they get it. I want a mech suit for my cat so she can kick trees over.

Last edited:
Back