Add Primordial Longu???

Coz1969

Stalker
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Warden Coz Coz
Hey, Starfinder! Any update on when Primorial Longu will be added to EntropiaLife? Just asking, considering it is currently a rather popular mob, especially with this new "reward" being handed out.

Thanks,

Coz

would it be possible to create a bit of fancy code to detect new mobs as soon as they global and automatically createa page for them and add them to the tracker, kind of like the discoveries bit of EL?

would it be possible to create a bit of fancy code to detect new mobs as soon as they global and automatically createa page for them and add them to the tracker, kind of like the discoveries bit of EL?

Sadly no...
If EL can see a global of "Thingymajick oneortheother something" .. how would you classify that?

You might want to add Bloodclaw or how that thing is named, too.

Sadly no...
If EL can see a global of "Thingymajick oneortheother something" .. how would you classify that?

You could keep the raw data and process them (or drop them) as soon as they are classified?

The risk that some player fakes a new mob is fairly low anyway - you drop everything that is reported only once anyway.

I am sure you have some sort of validation on globals coming in anyways otherwise whats stopping someone from creating fake globals?

Actually I think it can be automated because mob globals always follow a certain structure (% sign added by me to show generalisation):

%avatar name% killed a creature (%creature name%) with a value of xx PED!

or

Team "%team name%" killed a creature (%creature name%) with a value of xx PED!

From that you should be able to code it to ignore team and avatar name and just detect the creature name because it's always in a fixed format.

You might want to add Bloodclaw or how that thing is named, too.
ill check what the exact name is, then add it. Thanks.

You could keep the raw data and process them (or drop them) as soon as they are classified?

The risk that some player fakes a new mob is fairly low anyway - you drop everything that is reported only once anyway.
True, ill see what I can do.. just add the global with "mob ID = 0" .. and then run an update on all "mob ID = 0" globals once I add new mobs to the database..

Actually I think it can be automated because mob globals always follow a certain structure (% sign added by me to show generalisation):

%avatar name% killed a creature (%creature name%) with a value of xx PED!
With %creature name% you dont know what is the mob name, and what is the maturity name.. :)
Take this name for instance:
"Primordial Longu Prowler"
Is the mob called "Primordial" or "Primordial Longu" or "Primordial Longu Prowler" ... what part of "creature name" is name, and what is maturity.. :)

ill check what the exact name is, then add it. Thanks.

True, ill see what I can do.. just add the global with "mob ID = 0" .. and then run an update on all "mob ID = 0" globals once I add new mobs to the database..

With %creature name% you dont know what is the mob name, and what is the maturity name.. :)
Take this name for instance:
"Primordial Longu Prowler"
Is the mob called "Primordial" or "Primordial Longu" or "Primordial Longu Prowler" ... what part of "creature name" is name, and what is maturity.. :)

isn't the last word in %creature name% always maturity? if some PP don't follow this naming convention just delete that PP from records problem solved :) eh that's what MA do blanket nuke hehe

What's this bloodclaw thing about? when did that mob come about?

isn't the last word in %creature name% always maturity? if some PP don't follow this naming convention just delete that PP from records problem solved :) eh that's what MA do blanket nuke hehe

It's not always like that - some RT maturity levels are 2 words - i've made a list for EPT back then, but i didn't risk to have it fully automated, i reviewed it every other day before it was updated in the database.

But my layout was different, i had a unique mob id for every mob, not one per mob type.
(Actually, i combined both, the last significant byte was the maturity level, so a simply deleting the 8 LSBits by an AND in the query allowed me to group by i.e. "Atrox" across all maturity levels)

What's this bloodclaw thing about? when did that mob come about?

'Tis new:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...84-Bloodclaw&p=3008861&viewfull=1#post3008861

Last edited:
It's not always like that - some RT maturity levels are 2 words - i've made a list for EPT back then, but i didn't risk to have it fully automated, i reviewed it every other day before it was updated in the database.

But my layout was different, i had a unique mob id for every mob, not one per mob type.
(Actually, i combined both, the last significant byte was the maturity level, so a simply deleting the 8 LSBits by an AND in the query allowed me to group by i.e. "Atrox" across all maturity levels)

'Tis new:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...84-Bloodclaw&p=3008861&viewfull=1#post3008861

Thanks for the link.

For RT like I said just delete the whole PP. Problem solved. They deserve it if they can't name mobs properly.

Slightly off-topic, but would it also be possible to make mobs that haven't globalled recently still show up in Find A Mob?

Twice recently I've tried to look up well-known mobs (TskTsk and Gradivore) that at the time didn't show up because of this.

And some Cyrene mobs have the maturity in front of the mob name... Which is something EL cant really work with.. Unless I update the query to "find mob/maturity ID" to be something like mobname input: "XX YY ZZ"

Look for "XX" & "XX YY" & "XX YY ZZ" & "YY ZZ" & "ZZ" .. as mob name...

And then when you have mobs with like 5 names in the string.. the query becomes cumbersome..

And some Cyrene mobs have the maturity in front of the mob name... Which is something EL cant really work with.. Unless I update the query to "find mob/maturity ID" to be something like mobname input: "XX YY ZZ"

Look for "XX" & "XX YY" & "XX YY ZZ" & "YY ZZ" & "ZZ" .. as mob name...

And then when you have mobs with like 5 names in the string.. the query becomes cumbersome..

You have mob names in the database?

Don't really understand your objection though, i said i added them manually, and until i did that, the raw data were kinda kept in suspense in the raw data table and processed as soon as the mob has an id, to make sure they are tracked, albeit late.

The maturity list was meant to become part of a regex pattern, to partially automate it later on, but you know, EPT died before i got there...

You have mob names in the database?

Yes, a table with Mob's and a table with maturity .. and a table with "classes", and "Class names".

So, atrox for instance is:
Mob
ID: 87, MobName: Atrox, ClassID: 1

Class
ID:1, MaturityID:30, ClassNameID: 15

ClassNames
ID: 15, ClasName: Animal

Maturities
ID: 30, MaturityName: Young

Ofcourse, this design would work best if there was like 10 classes, and all mobs was "Name + Maturity".
Which it is for "Calypso mobs" what was what I had to go by when I designed it...

Adding a new "Animal" class mob to the system would then just be like so for adding "Atrax".
Just update "Mob table" with:
ID: n-1, MobName: Atrax, ClassID: 1

Im sure it could have been designed in 1000 other ways... :)

Eureka ! :)

Do auto add for Calypso mobs and leave all other PP's. Since they use diff naming system. If and when they start using "standard" name system add them on...

Sadly no...

As I've suggested several times before, you surely can record globals on "???I don't know what this mob is???" in such a way that you can add it to the hidden data and then put it in the public/individual hunting records after it has been added to the database.

Yes, a table with Mob's and a table with maturity .. and a table with "classes", and "Class names".

So, atrox for instance is:
Mob
ID: 87, MobName: Atrox, ClassID: 1

Class
ID:1, MaturityID:30, ClassNameID: 15

ClassNames
ID: 15, ClasName: Animal

Maturities
ID: 30, MaturityName: Young

Ofcourse, this design would work best if there was like 10 classes, and all mobs was "Name + Maturity".
Which it is for "Calypso mobs" what was what I had to go by when I designed it...

Adding a new "Animal" class mob to the system would then just be like so for adding "Atrax".
Just update "Mob table" with:
ID: n-1, MobName: Atrax, ClassID: 1

Im sure it could have been designed in 1000 other ways... :)

A bit de-normalizing wouldn't have hurt here... no wonder you have (had) performance issues. :tongue2:

It seems overly complicated - i.e. what exactly do you store in the global/hof records then?
A reference to Class? Or to Mob and Maturity?? :scratch2:

Why can't you simply add every unknown mob name to the "Mob" table (with a classID of null or zero) and use that until you get around to classifying them?

This way you cannot group them by mob type (ignoring maturity) for the time being, but as it works now, these globals are simply lost...

It seems overly complicated - i.e. what exactly do you store in the global/hof records then?
A reference to Class? Or to Mob and Maturity?? :scratch2:
In the huntingGlobals table I have
MobID, MaturityID + "Other stuff"

Why can't you simply add every unknown mob name to the "Mob" table (with a classID of null or zero) and use that until you get around to classifying them?
Yeah.. I can make a "temp mobs" table.
Then each time there is a new mob, the entire mobname is placed there.

So, mobname "ScitterScatter Farm Harvester" would be placed in the "temp mobs" table with ID: 1 as the first "new mob"..

Then in the huntingGlobals table (To identify its a ScitterScatter) the mobID could be 10000000001.
(That way we can have quite a few mobs ingame before it becomes an issue)

EDIT:
It is now working as described above..

Last edited:
Back