Bad Loot with Gear from the "wrong" Planets?

Wildheart

Mature
Chloe Wildheart Sullivan
Hi there,

I'm wondering if it's possible that you get worse loot when you use gear from other Planets then the one you hunt on? I'm back after a longer break. Before that I hunted Argos on Calypso with an m3a and get about one global on every (big) run. Now after my break I saw the new weapons and tried the LAW-202 because it better suits my needs. But meanwhile I have burned down 4 of these weapons without any global...

Are there already such thoughts about this theme? I can't find something here in the forum. Maybe others have feelt same before? Or maybe you have also mentioned this when you mine or craft with the "wrong planet" equipment? What do you think?

Thanks
Wildheart

No, Im pretty sure that it don't work like that! I use arkadia wpn on Caly and RT all the time.
Don't focus 2much on globals, it's your total returns that matters.

as i understand it, a planet partner gets a share of decay caused on the very planet, regardless where an item was produced or designed.

further, a penalty for using items from other planets would counter the philosophy of interplanetary trade.

regardless the globals, did you track you overall in- and output for these hunts and how did it end if so?

Before I lost my motivation, I finished the 100, 500, 1000, and some of the 5000 with P4a + A104 and Pixie. I'm not sure which healer I used, but it wasn't from Arkadia because I was doing this before Arkadia launched. I killed ~2300 of them and had one global.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I never kept track of solid stats regarding this issue, but I definitely noticed, time and time again, that I did better with planet specific guns on that same particular planet. I would love to see someone shoot 1k zombies with an Apis, and 1k with a BAMF, and alternate every 1k until you are done with the iron, and keep good track of the results. I am sure that it is just in my head, but I have seen enough over time to have it affect my gameplay decisions on a pretty consistent basis, and I need it to stop messing with my brain. :)

My Arkadia experience always was great in spite of using Caly's weapons and RT's armors :)

It really wouldn't make much sense for the system to bother to track something like that and penalize it. And it's not something a planet partner could throw in without MA's help.

For comparison i got 12 globals doing the argo iron challenge mission chain (in about 13k peds output), so that's about 1 global for every 1333 argos killed or 1kped output. And they do bunch up... i got just 2 globals during the first 4k kills (during the argo scout event, naturally).

If you've been gone year+ then be aware the system was adjusted so that more frequent smaller drops are more common than big drops now. It used to be almost guaranteed to global with a few hundred peds output on argos. Now you see a few 20-30 ped drops instead.

profited 6k on the sumi quest b4 they removed all mu using an UL sib RT weapon

i think they just nerfed the loot on argos.. when i started my argo mission (did half of it) i got somewhere around 17 globals... then had a break.. then came back and started argos again.. did the other half.. and got in total of 6 globals... and i used the same equipment.. and the second half was also after the iron nerf on argos

THx for you anwsers! I see there are many different ideas what can be the cause of my "lack of globals" :) That they nerved the loot to get less globals but more overall I noticed. Neverless I think not a single global on over 3000 is a bad streak, and it is not motivating :)

Maybe I will do a test with some 1000 kills with "native" weapons and 1000 with other weapons, and I think I will also take a look on the total returns. It's Time for a hunting project, I will let you know.

Wildheart

THx for you anwsers! I see there are many different ideas what can be the cause of my "lack of globals" :) That they nerved the loot to get less globals but more overall I noticed. Neverless I think not a single global on over 3000 is a bad streak, and it is not motivating :)

Maybe I will do a test with some 1000 kills with "native" weapons and 1000 with other weapons, and I think I will also take a look on the total returns. It's Time for a hunting project, I will let you know.

Wildheart

if you consider the amount of crafted arkadian weapons that have been sold on calypso i think that tells you that these guns are quite popular, they would not be so popular if everyone was doing badly with them. personally i use two weapons from arkadia, one from RT and a blade from NI to finish mobs and i dont notice anything different.

Agree it wouldn't make much sense to design weapons like that, however we witnesed MA doing so many strange things that i wouldn't be surprised also.

I had similar suspicions some time ago and already sent support case about that. No response almost 2 months now...

I'll let you know here if something get explained in above matter.

don't think any thing of that kind is going on. I used X1 for longggggg time until new weapons droped now there is more choice i usualy use weapons of my maxed lvl but tbh i got no clue from what mob or planet they drop and i will probably never find out before wiki don't tell me becose i only hunt about 3 kind of mobs am not much of advanturer.

loot is based on a certain value with a random multiplier. There will be times when you get a streak of low numbers ( sometimes random sucks) but there will also be times where the numbers will be incredibly high.

A recent example of crappy multipliers was killing about 300 or so Falx and only getting 3 globals where the mob has about 3k hp. Accept it as it is: shit happens, to everyone.

Arkadia stuff works fine, i think even better on caly.

You see the number one HOF on a Malcruentor Dominant? Thats me with a Baringer.

If they are tracking a "share of the decay" with off-world items, then they are possiby also doing strange things to your loots.

It needs a study! :wise:

Back