Create waypoint with specified coordinates

RobBuona

Elite
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Patrizia Pandemic Giano
Simple: have a dialog box open asking me to specify coordinates, and then a waypoint would be created from my input.

In order to avoid "confusing" the system, i.e. from coordinates like "705, 800," this could be entered with up and down arrows similar to splitting stackables, where only "real" values are allowed.

This would be particularly useful when creating waypoints with coordinates taken from the map on Entropedia.

& While you are at it MA, make it possible to send a custom placed waypoint to a specified pm.
Sucks when ppl in pm ask where a spawn is & I can't send a pos

And while you are at it let us save waypoints somehow...a saved waypoint list like we have friend list or whatever.

And while you are at it let us save waypoints somehow...a saved waypoint list like we have friend list or whatever.

Nice idea

Heres what I would like.

Waypoint Hotkey

When I die its a mad scramble to get my /pos typed out , unless I suspend the auto teleport to revive.

Bones

edit... different question.

Nice idea

Heres what I would like.

Waypoint Hotkey

When I die its a mad scramble to get my /pos typed out , unless I suspend the auto teleport to revive.

Bones

and it's that much easier to scramble with the cursor to find the hotkey? Seen plenty of screenshots with well over 20 hotkeys.

Could we please have old systems back first before introducing new ones and completing the ongoing ones. I'm fricking out with all the new weapons, was it really needed spending all that development time on them???

and it's that much easier to scramble with the cursor to find the hotkey? Seen plenty of screenshots with well over 20 hotkeys.

Could we please have old systems back first before introducing new ones and completing the ongoing ones. I'm fricking out with all the new weapons, was it really needed spending all that development time on them???
I generally agree with you, but the feature I suggested would require a small fraction of the development time taming would.

And please make it so that /pos isn't considered a spam message for those of us who sometimes muck up typing in /l /pos then have to cancel the revive teleport to type something new then /pos again and then have to click t to revive. Such a waste of time

And please make it so that /pos isn't considered a spam message for those of us who sometimes muck up typing in /l /pos then have to cancel the revive teleport to type something new then /pos again and then have to click t to revive. Such a waste of time
True, that is annoying, but then people could stand in Twin or wherever and spam /pos.

It could probably be programmed so that it's only not considered spam if you are dead and the revive counter is active.

I agree with savable, multiple, custom-text waypoints (eg fav hunting spot), and the ability to send them in PMs (so we dont spam the normal chats).

And while you're at it..... please make the EU MAP a pure 3D map that is corner-drag-scalable and infinite zoom-in/out (ie Google Earth style = pure 3D mesh with a hires textures and perhaps even detailed city maps).

Those beta-style "bitmaps" 3x zooms are quite 1980's for the Crytek engine.

Well for me yes , and I have far more than 20 icons on my main screen , and the key could also be dragged to the keyboard if the user wished , the same as the current "position" hotkey is.

But the beauty of hotkeys is you dont have to add them if you don't wish too , just to have the hotkey available in the action library for those that wish to use it would be helpful , and I seriously doubt it would be all that much of a programming nightmare.

Bones

Why do you need an extra box to create a custom waypoint.
Just use what is already available.
To get the current pos:
/pos
To get a custom pos:
/pos x_coordinate y_coordinate

Back