Question: Calypso "runing out" of MU loot?! MA trying to make players leave Calypso?!

Cerberis

Elite
Society
house of gamers
Cerb Hulk Beris
Hello. I noticed that our main planet Calypso is runing out of loot with MU. Best mining resources was removed or drastically reduced in calypso. After that other planets like Rocktropia "received" some presents and now u can mine best calypso resources there. Same with hunting - old weapons was removed and replaced with new, more eco, but extremely high level weapons that are worth nothing (or realy low). Other planets mobs still drop usual weapons that can be used for many players. Even mob spawns - Calypso got POOR mob spawns, but Rocktropia got extremely good spawns of CALYPSO mobs... Not just good spawns, but good spawns of diferent maturity mobs too! So u can hunt any maturity of mob u like. Osseculom, malcruentor, sumima, ambulimax and alot of others calypso mobs with huge spawns...
So my question would be - MA trying to make more players to go out of Calypso after they sold 60k of CLDs?!

P.S. Arkadia looting UL weapons, Roktropia looting UL weapons (alot of them!) Someone talking that u can loot even Pulverizer in RT misions...

old weapons was removed and replaced with new, more eco, but extremely high level weapons that are worth nothing (or realy low). Other planets mobs still drop usual weapons that can be used for many players.

"extremely high level"? There are new weapons for all (or at least most) skill levels, not just high level. About the value of those guns, some might have lower value than their earlier counterparts, but I would hardly say all of them do.

EDIT: Also, why on Earth would MindArk want people to leave Calypso? It's not like they make more money from players being on another planet...

EDIT: Also, why on Earth would MindArk want people to leave Calypso? It's not like they make more money from players being on another planet...

It's not like they make less either unless MA bought a shitload of CLD's since calypso isn't runned by MA :lolup:

EDIT: actually they do if you count transport costs :D

the ore rebalancing was a opportunity they said, some of us that mined with amps complained, but the thread didnt get anywhere near the attention the changes to hunting have, in the end what choice did i have, i felt forced of calypso if i wanted to continue to use amps, so i adapted.

Hello. I noticed that our main planet Calypso is runing out of loot with MU. Best mining resources was removed or drastically reduced in calypso. After that other planets like Rocktropia "received" some presents and now u can mine best calypso resources there. Same with hunting - old weapons was removed and replaced with new, more eco, but extremely high level weapons that are worth nothing (or realy low). Other planets mobs still drop usual weapons that can be used for many players. Even mob spawns - Calypso got POOR mob spawns, but Rocktropia got extremely good spawns of CALYPSO mobs... Not just good spawns, but good spawns of diferent maturity mobs too! So u can hunt any maturity of mob u like. Osseculom, malcruentor, sumima, ambulimax and alot of others calypso mobs with huge spawns...
So my question would be - MA trying to make more players to go out of Calypso after they sold 60k of CLDs?!

P.S. Arkadia looting UL weapons, Roktropia looting UL weapons (alot of them!) Someone talking that u can loot even Pulverizer in RT misions...

good point!

what i would like to ad is the change to the mining areas, now in many mining area where u never saw Lyst u can get up to 50% of ur claims in lyst. <--- this is great change... so as u sad clear msg... al this changes didnt move somplayers ... now move u ass to the other Planets..

This has crossed my mind already.
I mean with all this urge to rebalance missions, why not rebalancing loot that is a more primordial thing.
feels like Arkadia/RT and Caly are like 3 players in the urge to sell something
they keep undercutting each other
one drops a good gun, the other drops a even better and more often and so on, wrecking the whole market with that.

I mean with all this urge to rebalance missions, why not rebalancing loot that is a more primordial thing.
one drops a good gun, the other drops a even better and more often and so on, wrecking the whole market with that.

I think its on its way. Just Calypso has evolved further than RT or Arkadia, and actually I like Calypso's high markup SIB loots much more than the low use UL SIB stuff that seems to be coming out of the other worlds. So I am willing and happy to wait. To me, what good is a SIB weapon if its cost per use is 4 PEC, its max value is 150 PED, and its min use is 50%? You'd either have to own a dozen of them, or hang out close to a repair terminal at all times.

Well other planet(Arkadia is what I'm talking about here) are suffering from new weapons looted in calypso too. Those new weapons has much lower decay than Arkadia weapons, so it makes Ark weapons extremely hard to sell. I think we need to endure this for 1 and half month or so. Bjorn said lots of new crafted weapons in pipeline for many planets. So I think many things would back to normal in that time.

But I really don't understand why Mindark always do things backwards, why not make new crafted weapons first, then put new looted weapons out. At least it would has less impact to crafted weapons, unlike now looted weapons has better eco than crafted ones, who the fxxk would buy crafted stuff?

Well other planet(Arkadia is what I'm talking about here) are suffering from new weapons looted in calypso too. Those new weapons has much lower decay than Arkadia weapons, so it makes Ark weapons extremely hard to sell. I think we need to endure this for 1 and half month or so. Bjorn said lots of new crafted weapons in pipeline for many planets. So I think many things would back to normal in that time.

But I really don't understand why Mindark always do things backwards, why not make new crafted weapons first, then put new looted weapons out. At least it would has less impact to crafted weapons, unlike now looted weapons has better eco than crafted ones, who the fxxk would buy crafted stuff?

my theory is the balancing manager studied psychology and not economics :p

good point!

what i would like to ad is the change to the mining areas, now in many mining area where u never saw Lyst u can get up to 50% of ur claims in lyst. <--- this is great change... so as u sad clear msg... al this changes didnt move somplayers ... now move u ass to the other Planets..

Lyst or nothing at all. I even think that good stuff is removed, but not replaced, so we just get less TT and less MU.

I do not think that it is like that. Lets say Niksarium or Durulium - calypso spawns was reduce to a minimum and Rocktropia spawns was increaced ALOT.

I think its on its way. Just Calypso has evolved further than RT or Arkadia, and actually I like Calypso's high markup SIB loots much more than the low use UL SIB stuff that seems to be coming out of the other worlds. So I am willing and happy to wait. To me, what good is a SIB weapon if its cost per use is 4 PEC, its max value is 150 PED, and its min use is 50%? You'd either have to own a dozen of them, or hang out close to a repair terminal at all times.

On Rocktropia and Arkadia droping new SIB UL weapons, alot of them. I know people was selling them for 1-15k each, so it isnt SOOO low MU weapons. Yes, some of them are crap because of low tt and 50% min condition, but it is more about swords, not rifles or handguns (exept if u do alot amps hunting runs without going to repair :) )

With the way this game is heading... it will fail. I'm sorry, but it IS failing in my eyes.

As a CLD owner, I am quite unhappy with any move which results in players moving off-planet...

As a Calypsian, I feel the same.

On Rocktropia and Arkadia droping new SIB UL weapons, alot of them. I know people was selling them for 1-15k each, so it isnt SOOO low MU weapons. Yes, some of them are crap because of low tt and 50% min condition, but it is more about swords, not rifles or handguns (exept if u do alot amps hunting runs without going to repair :) )

Need to change your mind a little bit I think. Calypso has tons of UL sib weapons out there as well, it doesn't mean Calypso/Calypsian can keep monopoly those good UL gear for another 10 years. Every planets deserve the right to release UL SIB weapons as long as it won't break whole economy. Maybe it is breaking the economy in your eyes because you own some super high-end taggers, but it is a opportunity for medium-low level players to own some nice toys that they don't had the chance in the past.

But for myself I don't like they release too much unlimited weapons too. Because it would potentially decreasing the demand of (L) weapons hence lower the demand for materials. I can't understand why some people hating (L) weapons so much even want MIndark to remove them all, I think most of them didn't think of why we need to buy stuff from crafters( or easier why we need crafter) if everyone owns a or several unlimited weapon, and how the economy vibrate in that situation.

Yeah, I don't understand why these new guns couldn't have just been made limited with very low decay instead... We need a working economy, not one where its a quick gold rush for the first week an item is released before they're all looted, then everything you loot afterwards is worth tt only.

Yeah, I don't understand why these new guns couldn't have just been made limited with very low decay instead... We need a working economy, not one where its a quick gold rush for the first week an item is released before they're all looted, then everything you loot afterwards is worth tt only.

if only, and yea does feel like an unjust goldrush, i dislike the current carry-on

Need to change your mind a little bit I think. Calypso has tons of UL sib weapons out there as well, it doesn't mean Calypso/Calypsian can keep monopoly those good UL gear for another 10 years. Every planets deserve the right to release UL SIB weapons as long as it won't break whole economy. Maybe it is breaking the economy in your eyes because you own some super high-end taggers, but it is a opportunity for medium-low level players to own some nice toys that they don't had the chance in the past.

But for myself I don't like they release too much unlimited weapons too. Because it would potentially decreasing the demand of (L) weapons hence lower the demand for materials. I can't understand why some people hating (L) weapons so much even want MIndark to remove them all, I think most of them didn't think of why we need to buy stuff from crafters( or easier why we need crafter) if everyone owns a or several unlimited weapon, and how the economy vibrate in that situation.

They sort of screwed it all up IMHO.... What they should have done was focused each planet on one weapon type... so Next Island would be Longblade Land, Arkadia BLP land, etc. It sort of shows in what's available in TTs in various planets...However, since Calypso has all the weapon types they couldn't have very easily undone that... so they have to give all planets the same opportunities that Calypso did to develop...

The problem is now there's a bunch of new stuff and not everyone has gotten used to all of them yet... that will change over time... may take a couple of years though.

yawt

(yet another whine thread)

if people are too stupid or so stuck in their ways they cannot adapt, simply stop playing and leave quietly (don't let the door hit your ass on the way out)

ps don't gamble what you can't afford to lose

that is all

bye

yawt

if people are too stupid or so stuck in their ways they cannot adapt, simply stop playing and leave quietly (don't let the door hit your ass on the way out)

that is all

bye

Couldn't agree more. So MA has changed something, big fat whopper... This whole game is in constant change and with Ark having constantly over 150 auc pages, I actually see more hope for EU then I have ever done before.

Angel

Lol..MA has sold Calypso without to selling it by the system with the CLD:s,now they try to get all players from the Planet Calypso so they dont have to pay so much on the CLD:s to the player and for MA is this no lost because all planet partners split the proffit only gain is that MA dont need to pay so much on the CLD:s to the players.

So you who has much CLD:s have just been F from MA.

Lol..MA has sold Calypso without to selling it by the system with the CLD:s,now they try to get all players from the Planet Calypso so they dont have to pay so much on the CLD:s to the player and for MA is this no lost because all planet partners split the proffit only gain is that MA dont need to pay so much on the CLD:s to the players.

So you who has much CLD:s have just been F from MA.

False (and illogical).

At least make an effort to keep to some facts when you post. MindArk gets as much money on Calypso as they do on other planets (in fact, if you count Planet Calypso AB as part of MindArk, like some do, they would get more from Calypso than other planets).

Calypso - 25% to CLD holders, 25% to Planet Calypso AB (for development cost, etc), 50% to MindArk.
Other Planet - 50% to Planet Partner (for development cost, etc), 50% to MindArk.

What motivation would they have to do what you claim?

U understood me wrong. Im saying same - that isnt fair that other planet looting sooo much of UL weapons.

yawt

that is all

bye

U joined EU few month ago? or just forum? lol

Couldn't agree more. So MA has changed something, big fat whopper... This whole game is in constant change and with Ark having constantly over 150 auc pages, I actually see more hope for EU then I have ever done before.

Angel

I am happy that more players in other planets too. But MA and planet partners should get NEW players, but not make old players to go there by force.

I agree, The MU on calypso loot has gone down. And with all these unl guns looting who will buy the looted/crafted L stuff? A friend just looted 7 seven unl guns on ark... Sib guns. It scares me.

I agree, The MU on calypso loot has gone down. And with all these unl guns looting who will buy the looted/crafted L stuff? A friend just looted 7 seven unl guns on ark... Sib guns. It scares me.

there's only a certain amount of ul guns out there in Ark that can exist. Do the UL Cb5s, s30s, etc. show up on Calypso everyday any more? Nope, but when they first came out they were all over the place in loots.

Psst. Just a friendly reminder. People playing Entropia love new stuff. They'll spend a grip just to be the owner of the newest, fanciest thing. Remember when Sleipnir were +1000 PED? Now you can get them for under 100 PED markup. Just one example among many.

Or how about the Next Island Philosophers Sword? That was selling for +600 earlier this year. Now you can get them for +97. Its new, UL, and SIB also.

In other words, tell me the markup of all this new elite gear in 2-3 years.

Psst. Just a friendly reminder. People playing Entropia love new stuff. They'll spend a grip just to be the owner of the newest, fanciest thing. Remember when Sleipnir were +1000 PED? Now you can get them for under 100 PED markup. Just one example among many.

Or how about the Next Island Philosophers Sword? That was selling for +600 earlier this year. Now you can get them for +97. Its new, UL, and SIB also.

In other words, tell me the markup of all this new elite gear in 2-3 years.

ofc when it's raining sib shit the markup will crash totally on them. If the droprate was low/normal it would be no problem at all :)

False (and illogical).

At least make an effort to keep to some facts when you post. MindArk gets as much money on Calypso as they do on other planets (in fact, if you count Planet Calypso AB as part of MindArk, like some do, they would get more from Calypso than other planets).

Calypso - 25% to CLD holders, 25% to Planet Calypso AB (for development cost, etc), 50% to MindArk.
Other Planet - 50% to Planet Partner (for development cost, etc), 50% to MindArk.

" What motivation would they have to do what you claim? " -> As allways to gain more money.

And "all" players know that Planet Caypso AB and MindArk AB is the same shit, only 2 namnes to get better tax planing.

False (and illogical).

Correct , but only when u assume MA being honest ! So far things supporting such thesis were at least in same numbers like things denieing it. As for motivation is always same - money and more money.

Back