Chrome

Elite
Society
Kaos
Mono Chrome Monochrome
Published on 06-26-2012 13:07 Number of Views: 3096
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/index.php

get_a_grip.jpg

It's October 23rd... get a fucking grip on updating your forum.

The representation of Planet Calypso on the home page is shit.

You may have noticed that 711 has appointed a new NewsCrew team to address this: Please welcome the new PCF Newsroom Staff!

As we were only appointed TODAY, maybe you could give us a little time to actually prepare some articles ?

Or should I consider your post here an application to join us ?

You may have noticed that 711 has appointed a new NewsCrew team to address this: Please welcome the new PCF Newsroom Staff!

As we were only appointed TODAY, maybe you could give us a little time to actually prepare some articles ?

Or should I consider your post here an application to join us ?

I didn't notice that, nor would I if I were a brand new viewer of the home page of the forum.

A new viewer would notice the home page. Take a look at it.

Since there seems to be some misconceptions and confusion relating to the past and current status of PCF, I thought it would be a good idea to post this informational sticky thread.

Q. Is PlanetCalypsoForum still the official forum for Planet Calypso?
A. Yes.

I'm aware of what's on the front page.

Which is precisely why when 711 posted a couple of weeks ago that he was interested in recruiting some writers for the NewsCrew, I volunteered to help coordinate the process. You see, I was brought up to not just complain about stuff and demand someone else does something about it, but to see what I can do to help.

So, are you volunteering too?

I'm aware of what's on the front page.

Which is precisely why when 711 posted a couple of weeks ago that he was interested in recruiting some writers for the NewsCrew, I volunteered to help coordinate the process. You see, I was brought up to not just complain about stuff and demand someone else does something about it, but to see what I can do to help.

So, are you volunteering too?

LMFAO, hell no... I'm not volunteeing. Believe it or not, I just happened to look on the fron page tonight on a whim and saw that it was 4 months outdated. Personally, I always check the "User PC' and "New Posts" links when I do check in on this forum, and had not seen the supposed recent request by 711 for someone to help update the forum...

My post tonight appears to be poor timing... but is it?

I mean, seriously... from a business perspective, does the "official" forum for the primary MindArk planet really need unpaid volunteers to update a four-month oudated front page of the OFFICIAL WEBSITE?

I'm not complaining, I'm simply stating my opinion that the "official" Planet Calypso webite is severely outdated. Since you so graciously volunteered, let's see how quickly it gets rectified. :)

Last edited:
A private message? Regarding updating the front page of an official forum for a business?

Seriously?

At the very least, cut back on Red Bulls for your own sake?

I agree, update for official forum long overdue. Very bush league...

Would have been nice to see it updated with the new mobs when they came.:)

Would have been nice to see it updated with the new mobs when they came.:)

This =)

Or when a new patch releases, if it is a big one.. Like the mission overhaul, since it affects planet calypso, some short info on it would have been a lot better than leaving it like it is now =)

Other Planet Forum Home Pages...

by Kris | Cyrene at 10:38 AM(632 Views / 0 Likes)0 Comments
Cyrene October 17th Mini Patch Notes
Changes (listed)

Planet Arkadia Update 2012.6.1 (17th October 2012)
by Cyrus | Arkadia
Categories:
News / Press

NEVERDIE News
I am MY AVATAR Song of the Day at ROCKCITY CLub
by NEVERDIE
Published on 10-11-2012 01:15 AM

Changes (listed)

by Cyrus | Arkadia
Categories:
News / Press

NEVERDIE News
by NEVERDIE

They all have volunteers doing the work, moderating, contributing.

Give it a try sometime ya moaning bastard :) (said in a fun way not in a "you're a bastard way)

I'm with you... getting sick of seeing the migration image, lol.

Also, your point about 'official forum' is a good one.

If Mindark does not own the forum, how can this be an 'official forum'? There is no 'official' forum if Mindark doesn't own the forum imho. The fact that MA posts here now and then doesn't make it any more official than entropiaforum is the official forum since they post there, or over on other community forums that some dev may decide to post on sometime.

Changes (listed)

by Cyrus | Arkadia
Categories:
News / Press

NEVERDIE News
by NEVERDIE

to be fair i think both of these people are actually involved with the PP, and the RT site/forum is about as active as a sloth, you also got lucky with the neverdie update, have a look how often that happens :)

Credit where credit is due...

Congratulations to Serica for updating the home page within 48 hours. :tiphat:

It would have been quicker, but we still had a few issues with permissions/access. Hopefully those have now been resolved.

Unlucky timing Chrome, but great to see front page updated. Your :poke: I'm sure helped!

Its also great to see more roles for the frequent users of PCF, moderators, newsroom etc.

I'm not one of them so am in the fortunate position to chuck the odd rock when unhappy.
At one point I did see a "Putin" situation arising that has now been diminished.

<- Happy - overall. :)

wrong post. mistaken : a case of mistaken identity.

OUT

Last edited:
Back