FYI: answers i expect from the mining dev. notes

do you want these questions answered?

• yes!

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • no!

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • i dont understand how this effects me!

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • testing the theory that 7-11% of the population do not have any opinions :P

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

FallenAngel

Stalker
Society
Free!
Fallen Yours Angel
1. why was the TT value of beacons reduced from full TT to random TT, where did these peds go?
2. why is the TT value of beacons now removed from the value of the claim, where did these peds go?
3. why do you make the changes to mining secretly, what are you ashamed of or cant you explain?
4. why are you currently testing in "secret" a major nerf to how mining works?
5. why do you design a new mining system that is open to being exploited so easily?
6. why do you design a new mining system that to succeed in means spending less peds per hour as a miner?
7. how does interrupting the supply of resources and raising the cost of crafting constitute a opportunity?
8. if you seem willing to destroy the value of amethera LA's overnight how do you expect miners to feel safe investing in gear like UL amps?

i think that will do for now thankyou :)

p.s.
have you considered hiring people with some common sense to design the system and balance it, someone with some understanding of basic concepts of economics would help.
you improve the crafting interface, are planning a mobile version for crafters, yet at the same time have the bright idea to prevent the possibility of miners planning their runs and being able to supply crafters in quantity at a price that is fair. you do want to grow the player base i take it? :)
p.p.s.
how long do you think it is going to take for one of the fed up miners to post to this forum how to legally exploit the new mining system you are "secretly" testing if you are stupid enough to go live with this universally?
the miners i talked to all instinctively understood how it could be exploited. :)

2. why is the TT value of beacons now removed from the value of the claim, where did these peds go?
Think i've missed how this was found out (?).
Did someone get, let's say VI claim, and got less than 4.5 peds up from it or so while getting a beacon on the same hit?

Think i've missed how this was found out (?).
Did someone get, let's say VI claim, and got less than 4.5 peds up from it or so while getting a beacon on the same hit?

it was posted unnoticed in the mining subsection, i couldnt believe it myself, but when i got my first SOOTO on arkadia i was logging every claim's TT value for a mining loot analysis done by falkao, so i saw it with my own eyes at least 3 times. i noticed because the TT value was lower than the claim size in deed could be.

For 1 and 2, do you really not know the answer? :rolleyes:

For 1 and 2, do you really not know the answer? :rolleyes:

i can guess :)
but im perverted that way, i want to see it explained using words like improvement and opportunity :D
i want to hear them tell me how it improves trust to behave this way, how it is going to help in player retention. ;)

A list of questions poorly thought, probably resulted from some kind of frustration of the poster.

If I were to force MA hand to post some insights of mining system, I would re-think the list of questions, something that we might actually have a chance of getting some answers not a bunch of automated "no comment" answers.

I can foresee the answer to such a list:
- we haven't made such a change
- loot hasn't changed
- return was not affected
- we are aiming to offer the best user experience possible
- bla bla bla!

My vote is NO!

A list of questions poorly thought, probably resulted from some kind of frustration of the poster.

If I were to force MA hand to post some insights of mining system, I would re-think the list of questions, something that we might actually have a chance of getting some answers not a bunch of automated "no comment" answers.

I can foresee the answer to such a list:
- we haven't made such a change
- loot hasn't changed
- return was not affected
- we are aiming to offer the best user experience possible
- bla bla bla!

My vote is NO!

they can answer with those automatic comments if they like, the only thing that i find frustrating is to be treated like im a idiot and dont notice these changes.
and in case anyone else have strange ideas, im not complaining because i am personally doing badly, just check my log in the mining section if you dont believe me, i can adapt like i always do, or cash out.
that is one reason i complain about things like this, because nobody can accuse me of whining about my loot. :)

they can answer with those automatic comments if they like, the only thing that i find frustrating is to be treated like im a idiot and dont notice these changes.
That's a great point. By the way, I mean to say "amen" in the rep I gave you, but I hit enter too soon. :)

Removed as requested by threadstarter. :)

Last edited:
Ever had a job as a bridgekeeper FallenAngel?

;)
I just must reply with this scene:
With no relevance to anything whatsoever.

I predict mining on calypso to become more like mining on Ark. Every 100 claims you get 100 different resources so it becomes impossible to build stacks without a big bankroll.

Ever had a job as a bridgekeeper FallenAngel?

;)

I just must reply with this scene:

With no relevance to anything whatsoever.

look, i like a good laugh as much as the next guy, i understand sometimes humour is a defense mechanism but this has nothing to do with the subject which is pretty serious and i would like to be discussed, if people have to wade through funny youtube video's to follow the discussion this is not really helpful. I would respectfully ask you to remove the off topic content and comment on the subject if you wish.

and yes im a little cranky, hunters and ubers get to have a moanfest to the devs about announced changes to hunting, but the regular miner cant bring secret changes to mining and the consequences for others to the attention of the people it effects other than us miners, and expect answers from the devs too.

Reactions: Pig
Exploited? wtf's going on? geez I hate being out the loop these days! :confused:

the tittle of the thread is a little misleading, it discusses some new system MA seems to be testing on amethera.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?233644-Mining-Hacked

dont worry, if this system goes live universally i promise that i will post details, after testing, to explain exactly how someone can spend less peds per hour and get more markup in a system which seems to be designed to prevent miners being able to calculate which amp to use based on resources in a field and make mining appear random to a casual miner. this will have the effect of reducing continuity of supply of resources to crafters and effect the whole game.

Does this "exploiting" have anything to do with the unusual number of large lyst hofs lately?

Does this "exploiting" have anything to do with the unusual number of large lyst hofs lately?

the "waves of lyst", or lystfest, seemed to be MA's bright idea to improve crafting and mining by having a permanently dynamic resource fields, if a normal/casual miner where to mine their normal fields, ones they have spent time and money mapping out, they wont know from one minute to the next if they are going to get pure lyst or the regular resources they expect.
as you are not new to the game i dont think i have to explain the knock-on effects this is going to have, but for some reason this thread got moved to this backwater without any comment as to why from the wise people in charge, so by the time everyone else notices the change....

the tittle of the thread is a little misleading, it discusses some new system MA seems to be testing on amethera.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?233644-Mining-Hacked

dont worry, if this system goes live universally i promise that i will post details, after testing, to explain exactly how someone can spend less peds per hour and get more markup in a system which seems to be designed to prevent miners being able to calculate which amp to use based on resources in a field and make mining appear random to a casual miner. this will have the effect of reducing continuity of supply of resources to crafters and effect the whole game.

Thanks for clearing that up, and please keep us posted on your findings.

I would like to thank MA...since I tt'd my mining equipment, and could care less about logging in...my peds per hour has reached 0! :)

Awesome rebalancing job Calypso Team!! :D :laugh:

I would like to thank MA...since I tt'd my mining equipment, and could care less about logging in...my peds per hour has reached 0! :)

Awesome rebalancing job Calypso Team!! :D :laugh:

I have also sold some of my most coveted mining gear and have Drastically reduced my Play in Entropia because of the "re-balancing" "testing" going on.

If Fields can't be calculated smartly to curb ped loss then its just not worth playing. whats the sense of sticking around if no-one can make a single ped? Isn't that the appeal of this game? Isn't that the Draw for most people?

I do believe greatly in Entropia and I thoroughly enjoy playing but with constant changes to the system without a drop of transparency or notice given to the players mindark is starting to waver my beliefs in this universe.

Good Posts Fallen Angel

I have also sold some of my most coveted mining gear and have Drastically reduced my Play in Entropia because of the "re-balancing" "testing" going on.

If Fields can't be calculated smartly to curb ped loss then its just not worth playing. whats the sense of sticking around if no-one can make a single ped? Isn't that the appeal of this game? Isn't that the Draw for most people?

I do believe greatly in Entropia and I thoroughly enjoy playing but with constant changes to the system without a drop of transparency or notice given to the players mindark is starting to waver my beliefs in this universe.

Good Posts Fallen Angel

ty for that, shame the powers that be here want to sweep it all under the table. :p
it has to be said, all credit goes to Drew/Eve for figuring this out and sharing what he knew.

Back