The News Team: Bringing the news and views of Planet Calypso

Serica

Society
Antipodean Army
Harena Serica Turbinis
the_newsteam2.jpg

Recently, 711 responded to requests from members for more front page articles by approving a new group of writers for the PCF News Team. Together, the News Team will bring you up-to-date information and stories from around Calypso, including current events, updates, and player spotlights.

spacer_gray.gif

The members of the News Team come from all walks of life and from all over the world. They each share a passion for Entropia Universe and a desire to bring the news to you from the front lines to the front page of PlanetCalypsoForum.

Butch
Butch arrived at Port Atlantis in December 2007 and pretty much just likes to remain low key. He will be using his enjoyment of graphics to help where it is needed in the newsroom. In real life he is 48, lives in Adelaide Australia, and creates websites and graphics for a living. His pastimes are playing the guitar, photography and computer graphics.

Runner
J. Runner ('Runner') has been an Entropia player since 2004. He is the founder and leader of the society Children of Silver. He loves to talk to and help out new players, and occasionally hosts trivia games at Nea's Place. As part of the News Team, he brings a great awareness of the history and lore of Entropia Universe, and a drive to deliver the news when it needs to be delivered. Outside of Entropia, Runner lives in Newfoundland, Canada, and is studying English Literature in university. He keeps several blogs and creates crossword puzzles for his university's student newspaper.

Serica
Serica arrived on Calypso in 2006 and was best known for her work as a pilot until VU 10, her keen participation in WoF, and as the society leader of Antipodean Army. As Newsroom Editor, Serica will be using her lifetime skills in management and facilitation to coordinate the work of the rest of the Newsteam. Serica's real life, on Australia's Gold Coast, revolves around her husband, daughter, and two grandchildren.

Ace
GeorgeSkywalker ('Ace') landed on Calypso after reading about an asteroid sale in a newspaper. In Entropia, he likes to explore space and all the different planets. His main profession in-game is hunting but he occasionally also mines and crafts. One of his in-game hobbies is collecting unusual items, which probably comes from being an archaeologist many years ago. His current profession in real life is teaching, but he has worked in many different fields.

Jimmy
JimmyB ('Oni') arrived on Calypso late in 2005 having read about the asteroid sale. He focuses on hunting in-game, recently having unlocked Commando, with occasional mining spells for some variety. He also enjoys helping with the community effort to figure out how various aspects of the game work. Some of his newsroom articles will focus on the findings of this community research. In real-life, Jimmy is 35 and lives in London working as a developer/analyst/mathematician with a small startup company modelling and trading on sports and financial markets. Outside of maths and gaming, his hobbies include comedy and sci-fi, watching Everton play football, and whining about the London property market.

Magyar
Magyar Republic joined the Entropia Universe community in January 2010. Long a fan of the theories of gaming proposed in books like Synthetic Worlds and Virtual Justice, Magyar sees Entropia Universe as a pioneer in a virtual world industry that as the 21[SUP]st[/SUP] century progresses will become commonplace. He believes the participants of Entropia Universe may, as time progresses, see themselves as very lucky to have participated in this type of gaming while in its infancy. His work with the community as a news staffer will revolve around increasing the understanding of how this particular type of game works, the thoughts that go into it, and how to build a community surrounding it. As an avid attendee of gaming expos and lectures, and an avid player of this genre, he hopes to combine these perspectives to bring to the players knowledge they can relate to in essays they will enjoy.

spacer_gray.gif

Keep your eyes on the front page of PCF! The News Team is eager to get to work. If you see any of them ingame, be sure to say hello, and let them know what you want to see on the Front Page of your forum!

Nice, I can see this will be good change and bring a higher standard to the forum.
I think all of them are good and what they do!

Very nice, your input is appreciated, good luck and have fun in making the forum experience more and more attractive :)

Congratulations!

Shame.......In PCF terms Magyar Republic a ex convict with all the years (days in forum terms) he spent in PCF lock up LOL.

Was just gonna look up Ozzy speak for Dummies, then i noticed its neck n neck with EngAland...so now its a toss up between "The book of Innit" and "Oi Mate, where my wallHaby go". If all else fails ill just stick to "Vrou waars my Wors" LMAO

Nah seriously have fun guys....you know i will ;)

Shame.......In PCF terms Magyar Republic a ex convict with all the years (days in forum terms) he spent in PCF lock up LOL.

Lets be honest Magyar is a bit of a :handjob: but alot of his work he has on his own website is quiet impressive, if he puts work out like that, I can put up with ignoring his arrogance everynow and then.

Wonder if the professional TractionPR will drop by to say congratulations....

Anyways I will, looking forward to the articles.

Lets be honest Magyar is a bit of a :handjob: but alot of his work he has on his own website is quiet impressive, if he puts work out like that, I can put up with ignoring his arrogance everynow and then.

This is true...He is an "acquired taste" that works well in moderation.

Cool! More news :) This is the stuff that this game needs like a salt !

Great idea gratz and good luck news team...you certainly have some good peeps on the job it should go very well :}

And I'm Ron Burgandy?

Ace
GeorgeSkywalker ('Ace') .......One of his in-game hobbies is collecting unusual items, which probably comes from being an archaeologist many years ago. His current profession in real life is teaching, but he has worked in many different fields.

I guess he would of worked in many different fields... being an archaeologist 'n' all :D

GL all :)

Great diverse crew :)
Thanks in advanced for your efforts, look forward to an equally diverse read.
GL and go well.

Indica

This sounds good to me :)
Im specially glad to se u Serica onboard this team :)
Good luck all i looking forward to see what u will bring to us :)
Regards

In last year i see this forum only when i am in Calypso, but i will see more times in future, nevermind wich planet i am in game.

I know Butch from game and i think this can be interesting.

Greetings.

Gratz on making a news team..... Now where's all the news?

"MindArk ignores Support Cases after Recent VU bugs!"
"Items missing from loot! Umbranoids expected of stealing them."
"Daspletor Stalkers on strike refusing to pay fair share of loot to hunters!"

Lots of headlines to report on......

Menace

Gratz on making a news team..... Now where's all the news?

"MindArk ignores Support Cases after Recent VU bugs!"
"Items missing from loot! Umbranoids expected of stealing them."
"Daspletor Stalkers on strike refusing to pay fair share of loot to hunters!"

Lots of headlines to report on......

Menace

Yeah I want news too. Your headlines are cool :laugh:

I got a headline for ya.

Players act like Boneheads on Forum.

Goetenburg, SE. 2012

A bunch of players got together on a forum and each successfully tried to outwit the others with barbed remarks dripping with sarcasm and froth with passive aggressive language.

They succeeded in making the forum an unpleasant place to visit for everyone. Nobody is actually sure who won the internet this day. However the forum community can likely be counted amongst the clear losers. On other forums across the internet similar situations unfolded.

Scientists examined the situation and made a striking discovery. The Internet, once dubbed the information superhighway and hailed as something that would bring humanity closer together is in fact working as intended. Humanity, according to the study, does not really want to know, and does not truly care to interact.

Breathing a heavy sigh, the scientists retired for the evening to their families, who were all collectively watching The Big Bang Theory and having deep discussions about why Justin Bieber and Britney Spears should get married.

How about the 'news' team jump all over the 'hottest' news in EU ATM?

I am talking about the OOS bug that many players have and the fact that some of us cannot deposit with C Cards!

But I guess that WONT happen because the 'news' team are probably NOT allowed to report on anything negative about our beloved MA/FPC/whatever on this 'positive propaganda' only forum.

Soooo... pretty slow news month i guess? :)

don't mind me, patiently waiting for the articles :)

Back