Xane

Old Alpha
Banned
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Kane Xane Crossing
1. Download a program called CleanMem.
2. Install CleanMem and run it.
3. Run Entropia and wait for the disconnect.

CleanMen will not play nice with Entropia and your account will get auto locked. You can still have CleanMem installed but make sure you turn it off before starting Entropia(I forgot). I've send 4-5 messages to MA in the last 3 days but haven't gotten a response. :cussing:

I just got my first two form redponses for the three cases i have outstanding in the last 8-10 days today.

I am guessing they are backloged for support cases at least a weeks worth right now.

Really sucks for anyone locked for sure :(

gl,

narfi

sounds like somebody forgot to rename the exe and installation folder...

not surprised you got locked anything resembling a memory editor sends most online games in to panic mode, wow's Warden picked me off for macro express a few times...

not surprised you got locked anything resembling a memory editor sends most online games in to panic mode, wow's Warden picked me off for macro express a few times...

Well MA told me to make sure not to run the program while running Entropia and that's pretty much what I did until I forgot. Maybe I should have renamed it too.

The bright side of things for everyone else is space is a little safer for the time being. :grumble: But when Im back I might have to go on a killing spree. :handgun:

It hasn't happened to me in a while but I used to have visual studio installed and the odd game would throw a fit and insist that I had to uninstall it to play because of the vs debugger.

CleanMen will not play nice with Entropia and your account will get auto locked. You can still have CleanMem installed but make sure you turn it off before starting Entropia(I forgot). I've send 4-5 messages to MA in the last 3 days but haven't gotten a response. :cussing:

Well I've been wondering if I should write here or not but I have decided to do it anyways.

When I read this all alarm bells went off here for this situation.

You see... you open the post with the program you are certain of caused the lock. That is suspicious to me. If I got a lock without notice I would not know what caused it. How do you know? The name is suggesting the program, which you call "CleanMem" and I will call "tool" messes with the memory of your computer.

The tool seems to have manipulated memory addresses occupied by and assigned to Entropia. This is to me a valid reason to perform a lock. Not saying you did anything like this by the way, just to be clear. One would need a motive.

Recently I've had report of avatars using vehicles in PvP4 for example and avatars that travel at abnormal speeds for example, which many of us have withnessed in space at least. I can say I have seen and it's actually the case.

Now there have also been rumours about Memory Editing tools that would allow one to change things like vehicle speed, which is especially handy in lootable space.

Myself I have had once that at oyster my red PvP icon was just orange as if it was not PvP there. A relog fixed that. This is a positive for me that the PvP flag is set clientwise. No problem as long as noone finds and uses a way to alter that, which is not allowed of course.

So what I'm trying to say is that it's a good thing in my eyes MA seems to protect the Entropia Universe from possible manipulation. Sorry if you got locked if you had no bad intentions. I'm sure you will be released soon if that's the case!

You see... you open the post with the program you are certain of caused the lock. That is suspicious to me. If I got a lock without notice I would not know what caused it. How do you know?

He's already effectively answered that:

Well MA told me to make sure not to run the program while running Entropia and that's pretty much what I did until I forgot. Maybe I should have renamed it too.

Maybe bit offtopic, but have you ever been accused of speedhacking? If yes, then it is very right thing from mindark to ban you if you use program they said you cant use. I hope you get unlocked and everything sorted out, BUT if it comes out that you were actually cheating then i hope you will stay banned :)

So were you trying to cheat the system, or bend the rules by running this software?

If not, I hope you get a speedy response.

If you were, I hope it takes as long for support to resolve as its taken them to refund me the 8ped in oil I lost when I spawned outside the safety bubble at Calypso space station due to one of their bugs (five months still and counting).

So were you trying to cheat the system, or bend the rules by running this software?

If not, I hope you get a speedy response.

If you were, I hope it takes as long for support to resolve as its taken them to refund me the 8ped in oil I lost when I spawned outside the safety bubble at Calypso space station due to one of their bugs (five months still and counting).

=( that is insane.. they have not given your oil back. GL getting it back.

Indeed if this was an attempt to cheat the system then hopefully the pirate xane's account gets temp locked so others don't abuse as well.

There seems to be a pretty high recent amount of locked accounts. My friend Onyar got his account locked a couple weeks ago (more like a month). MA said there were some alts account made from his IP address. He does not have any alts though ... looks like someone hacked his system and abused it.

Then there is another Arkadian named darkwizard who has also been locked for some wierd reason.

I wonder if anyone got locked for making alt accounts for brooms?

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:

I've send 4-5 messages to MA in the last 3 days but haven't gotten a response.

I dont understand...
You say at first that you didnt got a reply from MA yet... And now all of a sudden MA told you something about it to not to run EU and this program at the same time? Did you asked them a while ago about this program or did they noticed you were running that program and warned you?

The way you are telling things just make me feel you are hiding something...

Last edited:
I dont understand...
You say at first that you didnt got a reply from MA... And now all of a sudden MA told you something? When/how did they tell you not to use that program at the same time? Something what you are telling just doesnt sound seem right to me...

He was told once before not to run the program while running eu. He forgot recently to shut it off again. He now has sent more support cases and hasn't gotten a response. ;)

Atleast thats how I understood his post. :)

--Mod's note--

A little reminder that I should NOT have to give

Forum Rules said:
2.4 - Threats/Intimidation
Real life threats of bodily harm, injury or assault (either explicit or implied) or any form of intimidation are STRICTLY PROHIBITED on any part of the PlanetCalypsoForum website and will be deleted and result in a permanent ban from the forum, all without notice.

I choose to removed Rick's comment (and the ensuing off-topic discussion that arose from it) as a simple insult. However, it did indeed come very, very close to sounding like an IRL threat, which this forum does not tolerate in any form at all.

Be mad at someone for looting your soc mate. Fine.
Try to get him to cough up the loot. Fine.
Wish his harm IRL or threaten to hurt him IRL. NOT fine. On. Any. Level.

1st time offenders of rule 2.4 get a month long temp-ban at the least, and often a perm-ban.
--/Mod's note--

It's an open and shut case!

You knew it's wrong to pvp using a memory hack yet you did it anyway. You were warned by MA not to use the hack. You continued using it. A permanent ban is what you deserve. Saying you forgot makes no difference and is a lame defense because that program should not even have been on your computer.

Thank you for the tutorial. Perhaps a mod can change the topic to "Don't cheat" and sticky!

It's an open and shut case!

You knew it's wrong to pvp using a memory hack yet you did it anyway. You were warned by MA not to use the hack. You continued using it. A permanent ban is what you deserve. Saying you forgot makes no difference and is a lame defense because that program should not even have been on your computer.

ABSOLUTELY TRUE :wise: :thumbup:

OK sorry I took so long to reply to this thread, some of you have gone way off the deep end with your assumptions......that's cool. Lot's of deleted post's, really wish I could of read them before they got deleted, those are my favorite post's. Let me clarify a few things for everybody; CleanMem is memory optimizer program for windows, supposed to speed up the pc and free up unused memory. On occasion it will touch some of Entropia's memory and POW your account is locked. This happened to me several times before I figured out what was causing it.

Now about the speed hack topic, I never said anything about a memory hack altering vehicle speeds in those other threads that was someone else posts. The speed hack I was referring to has nothing to do with memory hacking and is achieved in game without any other software.

If anyone is thinking about using a memory editor to try and cheat in this game I would advise against it unless to are ready to get banned. The program that caused my account to get locked was not even a memory editor and it was detected almost instantly.

BTW I am back in game after 4 days of crying to MA. Rick next time just send the threats to my PM that way you know I will see them lol.

Back