MindArketing

Meh. History tells us time and time again that the majority can be and often is wrong. Yet still people think being in the majority automatically gives them some credibility. It doesnt. I dont need to say more here.

You're not really implying anything. You've said it over and over again in every post I have seen you make since 2010. We get it. Things changed and you dont like it. That's fine. But what's with this need to force feed your opinion down everyone elses throat once every few weeks with another one of these 'nostalgia' posts? Get over yourself already! You sound like an old man.

Well. *sniff* *wipes forehead* When I was your age...

Except for reminding you about the charming times of 2004 that you dont seem to understand...

Where exactly is the nostalgic part, when I express my feelings about MindArk/Bridge Investment/Whatever and how they handle promises, money and deals ?

Except for reminding you about the charming times of 2004 that you dont seem to understand...

Where exactly is the nostalgic part, when I express my feelings about MindArk/Bridge Investment/Whatever and how they handle promises, money and deals ?

I understand them perfectly dude. You think this is the first MMO I've played? I've been playing these things since Ultima Online beta, and am an AC Darktide vet from its beta days. Ive seen good games go in directions I was severely disappointed in. And before you harp on real cash economies and monetary potential/investment: I made alot of real money off those two games. Through them I paid for 8 years of college, and still had enough left over to buy a really sweet car (sweet by my standards. An extensively modified 1993 Saab 900 Turbo isnt to everyones taste, but it is to mine.)

I didnt hang around on their forums and complain to them about it. I shut up, watched, and sometimes unsubscribed. But I watched and waited for signs of improvement. Eventually I moved on.

I did not make it my mission to piss off the current subscribers who might actually be enjoying themselves. Honestly that's a rather self-absorbed thing to do.

Oh and the nostalgia there is implied. You're pointing out that at some point trust in the parent company vanished for you, and that you'd like an explanation so you can get some of that trust back.

Ever think that maybe its just time to tell the old girl you're no longer compatible, and wish her a happy life with someone else? Cause to me it seems like your relationship is slightly dysfunctional, and completely unfulfilling.

I understand them perfectly dude. You think this is the first MMO I've played? I've been playing these things since Ultima Online beta, and am an AC Darktide vet from its beta days. Ive seen good games go in directions I was severely disappointed in. And before you harp on real cash economies and monetary potential/investment: I made alot of real money off those two games. Through them I paid for 8 years of college, and still had enough left over to buy a really sweet car.

Great, but Im not jumping through different MMOs. This is my home. (You should know that by now)

Would you leave your home if somebody is trying to force you out ?

I didnt hang around on their forums and complain to them about it. I shut up, watched, and sometimes unsubscribed. But I watched and waited for signs of improvement. Eventually I moved on.

We just found the difference between you and me. You did your shut up thing and watched. I dont think it would be a good idea if everyone would shut up and watch...

I did not make it my mission to piss off the current subscribers who might actually be enjoying themselves. Honestly that's a rather self-absorbed thing to do.

I dont want to piss off anyone. New suscribers will realize the truth fast enough. Im not really needed for that part. That is also NOT my mission.

Oh and the nostalgia there is implied. You're pointing out that at some point trust in the parent company vanished for you, and that you'd like an explanation so you can get some of that trust back.

I wish it would be that easy...feel free to have a look at my nostalgic threads, to SEE why its not that easy.

Ever think that maybe its just time to tell the old girl you're no longer compatible, and wish her a happy life with someone else? Cause to me it seems like your relationship is slightly dysfunctional, and completely unfulfilling.

Im in love... :'D

Give up, you wont get me this way. ;)

I've heard all this stuff before. Especially the bit about not thinking its a good idea to shut up.

You're not the first person to think they could save a game by making a bunch of noise about it. Lots of folks did that. Head on over to mmorpg.com, or vault network, Even the defunct Crossroads Network, which I think went went belly up in 2000, was bought out by warcry, and then went belly up again in 2004(dates may be wrong) had people with a similar mindset.

This mindset has been around (and by this mindset I mean the mindset of if you scream loudly enough on the internet someone will hear you yell) has been around since probably before 1995, though it was really made popular in the days of battle.net with Diablo I, and Ultima Online.

Everyone was an expert.

And everyone was drowning each other out.

And nobody listened, because it was all talk.

You have a good idea? Approach someone you think might actually listen who can do something. Sell them on your idea. Make them believe you are there to help by putting something of yours on the line, not asking them to foot the entire burden just to try your new experiment.

You may actually get somewhere with that approach. At the very least you will learn that there are people in the products you enjoy who enjoy them too, and want to make them better for everyone. You may get a small glimpse into what it is like to be them, to work hard at something you really think is a good idea only to have the community turn their noses up at it for no other reason than it isnt what they asked for, to the letter. Try watching one of your ideas you put lots of work, money, and time into be torn to ribbons by the 'fans who love the game' and you may actually realize that they dont love the game at all. They love the ideas they personally have about the game, and nothing more. It's all about them.

This isn't fictional. This is real.

I speak from experience here. I speak from experience within EU here. Ask around. I'm sure you'll find out what I am talking about easily enough.

Talk is cheap. It's actions that count.

Screw the internets and videogame conventions! Get some publicity going on in Vegas and Macau!

seriously... do it!

Whatever period we live in Monty Python always seems actual.

The majority :)

And another one.

The self proclaimed :)

anything got better no updates for the list :wise::wise::wise:

"Ludvig|MindArk" showed some interest at least :p

sad i miss his funny/ sad posts :D

bet he could have done one about pets too :rolleyes:

He's still very active with a lot of sad posts on ....iaplanets.com

Back