The Future of PVP??

crazy

Old Alpha
crazy DaLegend Immortal

Do we let this continue?

Is this to become a common thing in pvp for entropia from now on?

Not wanting this to be a flaming or BA vs CK thread. Just have an adult discussion.

Are we to accept this is a part of the game forever? people decaying your vehicles and armor with tt weapons out of spite, to cost you peds, to make you not want to go to pvp anymore.

I know many people are avoiding pvp because of this.

Is this an acceptable way to behave in game? i know once apon a time this was frowned upon, but now seems everyone wants to do it, is this the future of pvp in entropia? Lets not kill your enemy, but make it cost him so much he will never want to pvp again?

Great advertisment for this real cash economy game, that others will try to make your experience in game cost so much. I can see many new players wanting to join in the pvp experience with this behaviour going on!!

I'd report this as harassment, personally. While it is true that you would expect your vehicle to decay in PvP, this goes far beyond what should be expected.

I have also seen people destroying and repairing vehicles over and over to cause as much decay as possible, justifying the action with "If he didn't want it decayed he should have recalled it the second he died".

There's several kinds of ppl in this game. On both camps here too.

It sucks, it stinks, I don't see the fun in that either and it sickens me when I see ppl do this to other ppl's vehicles while they are away.

If I see it happening there's nothing more I can do but request access to the vehicle hoping the owner gets a wake-up call that way.

I'd report this as harassment, personally. While it is true that you would expect your vehicle to decay in PvP, this goes far beyond what should be expected.

I have also seen people destroying and repairing vehicles over and over to cause as much decay as possible, justifying the action with "If he didn't want it decayed he should have recalled it the second he died".

im not going to act innocent, i have done this myself, but surely mindark need to do something to stop this, it is ruining pvp.

Simply solution is to not take the vehicle into PVP. It's not like vehicles are defenceless. It's actually an old RL tactic. Starve your opponet of resources and your opponet will either give up, or run out of resourses.

Reactions: SHY
Simply solution is to not take the vehicle into PVP. It's not like vehicles are defenceless.

it not only vehicles, but also your armor, many low skilled players at the rig, they dont even try to kill you, but just use flame thrower on your armor to decay it. And not only low skill players doing this.

I just took video of vehicle being decayed to show whats going on now, but its not only vehicles people decay.

So kill them?

That would stop them from decaying your vehicle?

That would stop them from decaying your armor?

But yeah it is a silly behaviour, but I can't see why you would let the vehicle sit... They see it as an opportunity probably...

I am aware that you do this to show the others what they are doing but isn't that like manipulating them into decaying it by letting the vehicle sit there when you are dead?

I'm sure there ain't a rule somewhere that says "Low damage weapon is not allowed in pvp when you are attacking a vehicle because the detoriation system is built the way that there is a minimum decay no matter how low damage that is done to the vehicle*

'made-up-quote break making place for my own thoughts'

-------------------------------------------
(this is good on armors, but difference between armors and vehicles is that armors is actually made for hunting... vehicles ain't, a player overprotecting and gaining by doing it would be bad for the whole game. So armor system works fine, I have no fucking clue why MA decided to go with the same for vehicles which ain't even ALLOWED during hunts due to "exploiting"
Vehicles seems good only for traveling, where there is no damage to the TT value of the vehicle OR PvP, where vehicles will be shot at, they will decay. Let's set a minimum decay value on the vehicle, so players can shoot with a 1 damage gun and decay the vehicle by 5 pecs or w/e it decays.... Obvious things like this thread will pop up everywhere thanks to that)
-------------------------------------------

*we were not clever enough to make a system that causes items to detoriate from a TOTAL damage done, say 100% SI damage will decay the specified vehicle by 40 pecs"
Wouldn't be that hard for MA to actually give a fuck about what they implement... Yeah, stupid things like this pisses me off... :)

Game is designed extremely stupidly imo... :)

If anyone gets banned from decaying another players gear in PvP I will be :laugh::laugh::laugh: all night long, MA practically designed vehicles to decay like they do, because they copied the armor detoriation into a vehicle.... can you hear how clever that is? :cool:

I can go on and on but now it is 3 AM, I will probably check by here tomorrow if I ain't busy having a real life, away from all my current hate boiling over from this game...

I keep praying that one day MA will use their brains when implementing something.. has it really, really happened ONE single time?

"på rak arm" I can't remember once, since 2004...

Last edited:
it not only vehicles, but also your armor, many low skilled players at the rig, they dont even try to kill you, but just use flame thrower on your armor to decay it. And not only low skill players doing this.

I just took video of vehicle being decayed to show whats going on now, but its not only vehicles people decay.

PVP= Player Versus Player
The whole point of PVP is to attack other players. If they attack a person and that person doesn't fight back, it's not the attackers fault. If a vehicle is left, that's a great time to destroy it before the owner comes back and uses it's defencive and offincive abilities.

So kill them?

That would stop them from decaying your vehicle?

That would stop them from decaying your armor?

But yeah it is a silly behaviour, but I can't see why you would let the vehicle sit... They see it as an opportunity probably...

I am aware that you do this to show the others what they are doing but isn't that like manipulating them into decaying it by letting the vehicle sit there when you are dead?

I'm sure there ain't a rule somewhere that says "Low damage weapon is not allowed in pvp when you are attacking a vehicle because the detoriation system is built the way that there is a minimum decay no matter how low damage that is done to the vehicle, we were not clever enough to make a system that causes items to detoriate from a TOTAL damage done, say 100% SI damage will decay the specified vehicle by 40 pecs"
Wouldn't be that hard for MA to actually give a fuck about what they implement... Yeah, stupid things like this pisses me off... :)

Game is designed extremely stupidly imo... :)

If anyone gets banned from decaying another players gear in PvP I will be :laugh::laugh::laugh: all night long, MA practically designed vehicles to decay like they do, because they copied the armor detoriation into a vehicle.... can you hear how clever that is? :cool:

I can go on and on but now it is 3 AM, I will probably check by here tomorrow if I ain't busy having a real life, away from all my current hate boiling over from this game...

I keep praying that one day MA will use their brains when implementing something.. has it really, really happened ONE single time?

"på rak arm" I can't remember once, since 2004...

is not only vehicles, is armor to, if you fighting say 6 people, and the swarm you and flame your armor, this is what is happening

perhap my video not such a good example to give idea of whats going on?

Hilarious.... When I went to the rig Blackangels would constantly shooting/repair/shoot/repair my vehicles, or hit me with small flamethrowers to decay my armor. It is standard practice for PVP now, and Blackangels invented it.

.... and here is a Blackangel crying about getting his pitbull shot at :laugh:

PVP= Player Versus Player
The whole point of PVP is to attack other players. If they attack a person and that person doesn't fight back, it's not the attackers fault. If a vehicle is left, that's a great time to destroy it before the owner comes back and uses it's defencive and offincive abilities.

destroying a vehicles is completey different to doing minium damage to it which = the same decay

Hilarious.... When I went to the rig Blackangels would constantly shooting/repair/shoot/repair my vehicles, or hit me with small flamethrowers to decay my armor. It is standard practice for PVP now, and Blackangels invented it.

i think you mis understand the intention of this thread, is not who done what when.

i know both side are as bad as each other, and admit i have decayed people myself

Im just asking if people think this is the future of pvp? should we accept this?

If you cant discuss this like adult maybe you should move on or start your own thread? :)

is not only vehicles, is armor to, if you fighting say 6 people, and the swarm you and flame your armor, this is what is happening

perhap my video not such a good example to give idea of whats going on?

I understood it completely

I am mad at MA for having such (sorry for these words but can't find any other) retarded systems, which is slowly but steadily annoying the crap out of people :)

Edit: And as long as the things that annoys people DECAY people stuff, good luck having them say it was a misstake or apply a fix to it... Won't happen any time soon, mark my words :)

Last edited:
Both sides do this, simply because how pvp is atm. Personally I dont like it, much would be better without vehicles in there imo.

But that won't happen, Kim said he thinks mob trains are great for pvp for example.

destroying a vehicles is completey different to doing minium damage to it which = the same decay

Ahh but you see, that does lower the TT faster then destroying the vehicle flat out. A person would think twice about bringing a vehicle back that has taken lots more TT damage then owner would have liked. So ya, I get that it's an asshole move, but it is also a good stratigic move. At least for the Rig where there is something to fight over and a reson to want less people hanging around. Simply put, the stratigy is to make the cost of hanging around the Rig as high as possible, with the lowest cost to do it.

Ahh but you see, that does lower the TT faster then destroying the vehicle flat out. A person would think twice about bringing a vehicle back that has taken lots more TT damage then owner would have liked. So ya, I get that it's an asshole move, but it is also a good stratigic move. At least for the Rig where there is something to fight over and a reson to want less people hanging around. Simply put, the stratigy is to make the cost of hanging around the Rig as high as possible, with the lowest cost to do it.

i think you are missing the point, this is not only about vehicles.

<removed> I think the OP made it quite clear this is not a BA vs cK thread. Why you trying to ruin it?

If you havent got anything constructive to add (like my post here), go jump

Last edited by a moderator:
Decaying eons, shadow, supremacy with mann mph has been around forever. And it was never frown upon by any mature player.
If you can't afford it, don't do it. This crying of yours is ridiculous.

i think you are missing the point, this is not only about vehicles.

No I get that. Armour or vehicle doesn't really matter. The tactic is the same. Make it cost as much as possible for the lowest cost possible. Vehicles just make more sense because they are both offencive and defencive, and limited, and in some cases they have even been customized at a cost higher then the vehicle is worth. Although, without a vehicle present, targeting a persons armour will acheive the same result.

Not quite sure how you expected there not to be arseholes in pvp :)

edit: perhaps make everywhere non lootable pvp, yeah for a while everyone will be killing everyone but it will settle down to a point where you can at least kill the idiot near you if you want to, or if someone is a known scammer or scumbag he/she will have a crappy EU life :).

Plus i think it would be cool to get hoards of undesirables coming into town looking for a dustup and the locals going all small town spaghetti western on them.

Last edited:
Good idea is to implement a ticket fee to entering the rig and add that to the oil.

For example when a player joins cost him 2 ped to join (like the hub), this would remove unnecessary pitbull drivers dying back and forth and dragging mobs and doing this over and over again at 0 cost for a whole day and expect people not shooting back at them.

When you have to be forced killing mobs to survive over and over again I am afraid i have to say the only thing one can come up with to atleast cause "some" damage to your agressor would be to damage the car bringing those mobs.

Eventually realising someone could just be sitting in a pitbull all day and have people shoot them for heavy weapon is reversed decay, meaning the one blowing up the pitbull would be the one that is decayed.

Last edited:
Not wanting this to be a flaming or BA vs CK thread.

Funny that you don't provide a video of BA or AOW or any other soc doing it
I smell :bs:

I am very far from PvP but...WTF I just read :laugh:...If you don`t want decay don`t go to PvP and don`t spawn you vehicle in PvP. I definitely will buy flamethrower now ;)

Well there is not many that have done this at one stage. I don't think I have ever had a fair fight at the rig, weather it's 4 v 1 or you beating them an getting mobs dragged in or even the topic at hand they lose so keep coming back and using the flame.

It's usually the ones that sit there for hours and think the rig is there's Have this whole if I can't have it no one can mentality.

I heard a suggestion of killing them when dying at rig it takes no time at all to spawn heal and jump back in costs them like 0.2 pec to do it, on the other hand using a 2k SGA like me it costs 0.8 ped to kill them even with the oil pick ups that you don't get all the time cause try will hide then run in to grab it even if they don't get any and you get all Your "winning" and holding the rig but losing more peds then them... Shure don't feel like winning. Then to top it off you have people flaming you after you killed them over and over I think it's the cherry.

Oh and let's not go into the peds spent when they build a transport bunker and sit there just repairing when your only weapon is a rocket.

It was also mentioned if you cannot afford to do it well don't, we'll I can afford to do it but it makes it frustrating and boring as a drunk root.

Inno

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: you should make one video how belza teach us to fight, he start with the flame trower :laugh::laugh::laugh:

now just that ask slokto yesterday about the shot from the back when i was killing levi :lolup:
well i kill him first but i wait for him to kill he is mob n why wining now crazy :laugh: jump n fap dont save you anymore :dunce::dunce::dunce:

keep whining like BA know how :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh: like art of war say decay is beatifull
:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

wo see how long we all last

we only decay who decay us ask danny how many times we decay him :laugh: de only BA with real pk spirit

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: you should make one video how belza teach us to fight, he start with the flame trower :laugh::laugh::laugh:

now just that ask slokto yesterday about the shot from the back when i was killing levi :lolup:
well i kill him first but i wait for him to kill he is mob n why wining now crazy :laugh: jump n fap dont save you anymore :dunce::dunce::dunce:

keep whining like BA know how :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh: like art of war say decay is beatifull
:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

wo see how long we all last

we only decay who decay us ask danny how many times we decay him :laugh: de only BA with real pk spirit

Someone translate this...wait, better dont bother :silly2:

Back