The Future of PVP??

Rules of total war:

Every thing is allowed.

So you think you are allowed to use the strategy that favour you but don't allow others to use their own

and call that unfair ?

If you don't want to have your items decayed don't put them in a situation in which they can be

Is it that hard to do ?

And this strategy is arround since the begining

First time I read it it went like this:

Hey you are shooting me with a Mann and I have shadow
That is silly
so why you do it
(Asks the person that was closing the rig)
Answer:
No it's not
It costs me 1 PEC and to you it cost 4 PEC

(that was in 2004 if I remember correctly)

That is done for fuck and nothing more.

Had some good fun at the rig during my study breaks today;) ... Eon armor is a tough nut to crack :sniper:

All this talk of pvp I haven't seen the rig this active in a while, cya all out there again soon ;)

I think the core problem of this is how the decay of vehicles is handled from low damage attacks (=flamethrowers), and the fact that anyone can repair a vehicle (=destroy, repair, destroy etc).

I've had my hoverpod destroyed by half it's full TT because I got a phonecall, I stopped the hoverpod, went away from computer. 10 minutes later when I returned to computer, I saw 3 atrox youngs were chewing on it.

Another problem is when you're at rig and you get a CTD. (Happened to me once.) When I was logged back in, I saw one of the oldtime ubers have fun with my chopper with destroying-repairing. Destroying, fine, but then do the rinse-and-repeat thing was just annoying.

As for armor it's a different story. While a vehicle can be ruined if I get a CTD, if I go offline my armor does to. If I die, my armor follows me to revival. And, not the least, while a pitbull doesn't have any weapon (as far as I know), the person in an armor usually have a gun to shoot back with. Some month ago when I was at rig I also got a shower from that flamethrower but they quickly went to a more serious weapon when I fired back.

Personally I don't like the flamethrower thing, it's the same nonsense as mobtrain (with small mobs). In a way mobtrains is better because a mobtrain won't attack a deserted vehicle.. (I personally dont' think that mobtrains is a good tactics if you want to achieve something. If you manage to drag spider stalkers to rig, sure, you manage to clean the rig, but then you'll get a tough time to acutally get oil. Same reason I thought it to be a dumb strategy in landgrabs - if you send in falx stalkers to a claim to clean it you'll have a tough time yourself to keep it.)

I think the easiest solution would be to a) Stop acitivities whos only purpose is to cause excessive decay. Maybe a gun that deals a very small damage through armor would stop working for a minute after dealing 1 dmg hits or limit the TT decay rate in terms of PEC/minute and implement a setting on vehicles if you allow public repairs or not, on the other hand b) add a turret at central rig area (good for "ubers"). (The turret need only to cover a very small radius.) If the turret is set at rig pump, people there would work as "mob magnets"). If the turret is set a bit off from the pump, let's say 100m, it would mean that there would be a safe spot to run to where you can get mobs turreted but at the same time you have to watch out for natural mobs.

Thinking of the flamethrowers, maybe the people who do mob trains at rig ahve the wrong tactics. Maybe a better answer that, instead of spider stalkers that kills big players in one or two hits, should drag thousands of merps or tantillons. (I don't think there is any spawn of those close to rig though.)

Last edited:
they dont like they cant kill me, so they choose to just cost me armor decay instead, you think this is acceptable behaviour?

They can kill you

Just stand still and don't FAP and those 1 damage will kill you if enough avatars shoot it at you.

Is it acceptable behaviour to send to revival (aka kill) other people avatars in PVP ?

Behing inefficient isn't a reason for them to stop trying

why should they ?

Because they don't follow the your romantic laws of how pvp ought to be?

PVP is about being cruel to others in case you didn't realise

They can kill you

Just stand still and don't FAP and those 1 damage will kill you if enough avatars shoot it at you.

Is it acceptable behaviour to send to revival (aka kill) other people avatars in PVP ?

Behing inefficient isn't a reason for them to stop trying

why should they ?

Because they don't follow the your romantic laws of how pvp ought to be?

PVP is about being cruel to others in case you didn't realise

you must be another seasoned pk'er i guess?

If you want to talk about another seasoned pk'er please make another thread. :handjob:

why you say that?

i ask them a question, about themselves

i see a pattern here

old players who done pvp dont like this decay thing

newer players who do pvp see no problem with it

and players who dont do any pvp dont understand what all the fuss is about.... they see it as ofc your shit will decay.

So im simply asking to see what area this person fall into.

So if you want to start a thread about seasoned pk'ers feel free to, could be some interesting reading :wtg::wtg:

you must be another seasoned pk'er i guess?

I'm a support of increasing the choices available to provide entertainment to those who seek it.

Also I never really like the idea of mob trains brought by vehicles to go unpunnished.

I'm a support of increasing the choices available to provide entertainment to those who seek it.

Also I never really like the idea of mob trains brought by vehicles to go unpunnished.

Maybe the mob trains are punishment for decaying???

Here's my solution: pick your vehicle up when you get out, or at least when you die.

If you want to use it for protection then be prepared for decay.

If i have to speak about it, i am not a fan of decaying others, i rather get my L fap in hand and train to avoid their shots (dodge, not mob train)

Last edited:
why you say that?

i ask them a question, about themselves

i see a pattern here

old players who done pvp dont like this decay thing

Yes like in your video, foudil and enum are brand new players that never fight lol.

Here's my solution: pick your vehicle up when you get out, or at least when you die.

Yes this is how I see it. And I don't see it done to everyone just people that mob train or are using it to hide in.

Then this is not for fun killing each other...This is more we will see who pisses off more to whom.
Therefore I do not see well:wise:
The thing is to play not find fuck other I think...but for now this is what is.

Then this is not for fun killing each other...This is more we will see who pisses off more to whom.

I agree that is the intention, but it's easily avoidable by just picking up your vehicle. I've had this done to my vehicles in LG's, and I blamed no one but myself for forgetting to pick it up.

Don't walk into Hell and expect them to act like angels.

Right...
2 Words for you: 1. Kalab 2. EDWARD:dunce:

Right...
2 Words for you: 1. Kalab 2. EDWARD:dunce:

Kalab join new soc in last days, seems it fit better to his pvp play/decay tactic ;)

btw. maybe MA should adjust a bit flame stats, keep dps, but make less uses more dmg

what the oil rig used to be like

any1 disagree that this is what it should be like?

or are we happy to decay from now on? :)

...just another proof of the saying: dont fix what aint broke!!...but sadly its too late for us now...we never ever gonna have our beloved game again:(...cryes for VU9 again :(

And if reason you leave a vehicle behind is that you CTD? (then it usually takes about 2 minutes to get back)

I assume then that the vehicle was being used for travel.

Sorry but I don't really believe in innocent travellers inside a pvp zone, especially since there is often good reasons to fight for. (If there are no good reasons then probably the vehicle won't be intentionally decayed until exhaution by a random avatar).

If you got inside pvp and are with such fear for the safety of the TT of your vehicle please recall it (to inventory or storage) if you see an unknown green dot on radar and only respawn it after being sure that such avatar is friendly.

2 minutes?
what kind of computer takes you 2 minutes from CTD to login and recall vehicle that is worth mention as a machine fit to do pvp ?

Again if it is not your intention to do pvp please
take precautions to avoid
being in a position where others that enjoy it will take delight in inflicting your avatar lots of pain.

If you aren't using the vehicle for travel

but instead as an aid to your PVP strategy

I advise you to not go alone

If you go with a friend inside the vehicle (not only he can its weapons but also) once you disconnect he will be able to drive it arround assuming you gave him such rights.

I assume then that the vehicle was being used for travel.

Sorry but I don't really believe in innocent travellers inside a pvp zone, especially since there is often good reasons to fight for. (If there are no good reasons then probably the vehicle won't be intentionally decayed until exhaution by a random avatar).

If you got inside pvp and are with such fear for the safety of the TT of your vehicle please recall it (to inventory or storage) if you see an unknown green dot on radar and only respawn it after being sure that such avatar is friendly.

2 minutes?
what kind of computer takes you 2 minutes from CTD to login and recall vehicle that is worth mention as a machine fit to do pvp ?

Again if it is not your intention to do pvp please
take precautions to avoid
being in a position where others that enjoy it will take delight in inflicting your avatar lots of pain.

If you aren't using the vehicle for travel

but instead as an aid to your PVP strategy

I advise you to not go alone

If you go with a friend inside the vehicle (not only he can its weapons but also) once you disconnect he will be able to drive it arround assuming you gave him such rights.

Takes me anything between half a minute to 5 minutes depending if I crash from lost connection or "out of ram"

It's still a game so we're still playing.

To the topic:
You wouldnt decay cars IRL just to piss someone off would u?
I'll give you all an answer to that question,
Many people(youngsters mostly as an experts guess) do this for many reasons, 2 of them is showing off in front of friends and to do something "illegal".

I dont see why we shouldn't be able to do the same in our virtual universe aswell?

We must have a feeling that if we die(or get shot upon), we loose something. To learn from it and next time think in other ways, what I must do to not "loose" something next time i go into PVP.
First answers to you no-brainers (no offence to anyone): Dont go into pvp, don't use any equipment inside pvp or anywhere if you are not ready to pay for it. The best choice is, be so uber that no one else can reach far enough to decay you.
Hurray for flamethrowers and decay who bring us more drama and virtuality!

The biggest downside I see regarding PVP in this universe is that it aint enabled everywhere.

On a sidenote signed by me;
Without all the crying and drama in pvp, I would be bored.
Just feed me more of it.
You can hate me if you want, I still wouldn't care, Behind this screen im not the character who I am in-game.

/Copper

2 minutes?

I have the kind of computer that gives tons of "Avatar already logged in" and "Timeout occured try again" after a CTD..

Well, I think the problem is pretty specific to the combo flamethrowers+vehicle with "good" protection. My guess is that when vehicle protection was designed, it was to partly a sort of timer (so (L) vehicles eventually would break), and that the protection would be useful - that is, you'd survive longer in a vehicle with better protection.

When vehicles were designed there weren't any "mid-level" fast-reload weapons - it was either mann mph (doing 2-4 dmg - not that much TT deteroation and on the other end of the scale mod merc doing enough damage to go through and destroy "SI". Also beside the "autofire" those weapons didn't have automatic fire.
The flamethowers - with enough power to reduce the TT seriously but not enough power to "go through" and reduce SI - came later into game, and the people who were working on vehicle decay didn't think of the TT decaying effect when they came ingame.

I guess maybe just the TT decay should be adjusted, so there is a limit on how fast the TT-value can decay. And also add a public "mentenance option": If set, anyone can repair - and refuel - a vehicle. If not set, only the owner can repair and refuel the vehicle.

Why limit refuelling? Think the other way around: Today, as far as I know, if someone tries to refuel someone elses vehicle it comes a message "internal error occurred". Now, if you enable public fuelling, it means that if you get stuck at a spacestation without fuel, you can call for someone else to refuel it - you don't need someone else to bring oil, give you the oil and then you refuel. And, as besides fuel trades there is not really any need to trade in space, you can disable pvp trading (with lootable stackables - you could still trade coins, rockets and welding wire) in space, and if you disable pvp trade noone can cheat with stackables by having "storage avatars" at space stations. (Dunno if there are any.) Ok, but what about crafters and people bringing gold to enhance SI? Well, dock mothership at planet spacestation, and summon up whoever is doing the SI. If the one doing the SI for some reason can't do the operation at the time he/she can just use ship+SS teleporter back to planet and trade back. All safely.

Last edited:
We must have a feeling that if we die(or get shot upon), we loose something. To learn from it and next time think in other ways, what I must do to not "loose" something next time i go into PVP.

My problem with it is when your shooting upon to kill and taking the rig, your fulfilling the objective of the rig and so called winning.

but after you spend peds to kill them and collect the oil, all these players that are constantly jumping or flying back in with no armor or flames are losing less peds then you are when completing the rigs main objective (to collect the oil).

Sure we cannot expect to not have costs involved but it seems to be back to front, you need to lose to win....

I think is a waste of time to discuss this.
people see well to decay to others and fuck to others because of agreement we all go to fuck.
Let's all play the same thing and we send the pvp shit fun :laugh:

The Oil Rig was much funner 4-5 years ago. Now with the implemenation of L items it's lost it's feel. As to the decaying with flamethrower, it's a tactic in PVP. If I go there and am killed or disrespected I'll decay their things, or I'll drop trox on them. Respect when respected, if not, piss em off. haha

people see well to decay to others and fuck to others because of agreement we all go to fuck.

What you saying {removed}
Les decay more n more flametrower need range at least 50m :lolup:

Last edited by a moderator:

What you saying {removed}
Les decay more n more flametrower need range at least 50m :lolup:

oh My {removed} :lolup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, if it's just once or twice, whatever.

But if you do it over and over it's just showing how fucking lame you are being.

Even if it's one of your "enemies", it's just stupid spite to do that and shows the juvinile mindset you have.

Ofc...I wouldn't be continually bringing my vehicle in if peeps were doing that if I really cared about that happening, but that's not the point.

Hm...I should prolly stay out of pvp for awhile after this.(not like I am any threat there anyway)
:p

Tippin'

Back