FYI: Pirate List

Have you ever been shot down by a pirate?

• No

Votes: 55 17.9%
  • yes

Votes: 228 74.3%
  • no answer

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • I AM a frakken PIRATE, squab!

Votes: 20 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
A lot of people are just forgetting it's a game and the only thing they see is there wallet.
I rather have people being pirate then that MA will implement NPC pirates.

There is no better enemy than real people. As you can't predict their moves.
Wierd enough some do though and then end up on this forum saying its not fair that they can be looted while they knew up front it could happen.

Atleast that are my thoughts, and i know many wil disagree with me about that and im sorry but this is how i think about it

Playing with a my little pony is realy safe but at some age people seek excitement and stop playing with the my little pony kind of toys.

Or am i mistaken ?
Because if i am please tell me.

While you were addressing so real, I think at least some of your post was general statements..so ill share mine.

Yes, its just a game..but its a game that was NOT pvp focused for many many years, then has PVP travel dropped on us.

I would much rather see NPC pirates with the ped they take funding MA direct. than have a bunch of real people causing grief and harassment, while they kill us. especially since there is no way to put an end to it. You cant even fight back to stop it from happinging, as they just revive and fight you or kill you again tomorrow.

Traveling in EU used to be real safe, and now its not even fun..while my little pony might be a safe place to play. The problem here is EU used to be and no longer is. (and the risk involved is not mitigated by any level of fun, its just a big steaming pain in the ass) a viciosous cycle of death, repair, death, listen to them talk shit about killing you, death some more.

Its a lot of fun to explore EU, up until you have to fight others for the right...then yes it may be better to go sell pony's to my little pony...but how is that good for EU, if people leave for "safer" games?

Space PVP, ruins the EU experience for non combatants imo, at least it does for me.
My thoughts have very little to do with loot, (althouth getting looted for 10k would make me rage quit) Getting killed by other humans in a game I dont want to fight in, has almost the exact same effect.

you say at some age people want more challenge than safe my little pony games...and your right but thats the teenage years. at least for me the older I get the less BS I want in my day.

But as for the "black list" I think its a useful and important tool for EU players. Helps me decide who not to do business with, rather than just stop dealing with everyone because "they might be a pirate".

Last edited:
Traveling in EU used to be real safe, and now its not even fun..while my little pony might be a safe place to play. The problem here is EU used to be and no longer is.

What am I missing ?
Take a warp flight and log off.... :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

- I'd also like to add that its really never been more safe to fly in space than right now!

Last edited:
Even on a warp flight, even while logged out, pirates still manage to slow everyone down, with repetitive 1 shot warp interruptions. There is currently no way to experience all EU has offer, that is free from the harassment of space pirates. Though I agree logged out on a mothership is as close as we can get at this time.

In my opinion, if one is annoyed of traveling through space, he/she has been traveling to often on ships that get shot down. There is options in space travels.
I enjoy the few minutes flight between the planets (since several thousand jumps and over 2 years) and sometimes the little excitements pvp brings alongside. Nothing scary or annoying at all and no 'need' to log out.

Even on a warp flight, even while logged out, pirates still manage to slow everyone down, with repetitive 1 shot warp interruptions. There is currently no way to experience all EU has offer, that is free from the harassment of space pirates. Though I agree logged out on a mothership is as close as we can get at this

You cant label every pirate with doing that though lol.

Last edited:
In my opinion, if one is annoyed of traveling through space, he/she has been traveling to often on ships that get shot down.

Let me correct you.
The people getting annoyed are the ones getting held up.

My advice would be to fly with mothership services which do not get held up at warp ;)

Even on a warp flight, even while logged out, pirates still manage to slow everyone down, with repetitive 1 shot warp interruptions.

Is this a safety issue?
So your argument now is convenience?

Please clarify exactly which motherships get held up with "repetitive 1 shot warp interruptions"???

Let me correct you.
The people getting annoyed are the ones getting held up.

My advice would be to fly with mothership services which do not get held up at warp ;)

Considering that several pirates got temporarily locked for investigation and others warned about interupting warps, there is currently alot less activity in these regards in space anyways.
Havent had a pirate try it on Normandie in over a month.
You cant pretend that to be annoying if it happens 6 or 7 times a year, after which those pirates who really tried hard for it all have received their warnings from mindark ;)

Considering that several pirates got temporarily locked for investigation and others warned about interupting warps, there is currently alot less activity in these regards in space anyways.
Havent had a pirate try it on Normandie in over a month.
You cant pretend that to be annoying if it happens 6 or 7 times a year, after which those pirates who really tried hard for it all have received their warnings from mindark ;)

I interrupt your warp whenever I get a chance (not enough now that I think about it) and ive never been warned ?

There is ONLY one ship which gets held up time and time again and they are yours :laugh:

Keep writing your online forum story's, its almost bedtime for me and I feel like listening to another one of your fairy tails :dunce:

Here is a fine example, made it well over the hour mark on this one and well over 500 peds in ammo from the mighty normandie !!
I love how at the end you all try to get out with your quads at once (01:08:00) - really cute :girl:

As much as you would like to be the big bad pirate, i honestly never reported you because you dont concern me and are actually a rare occassion to meet in space ;)
Most of the times when we actually meet the thing is over within minutes, which is actually fine with me and adds some entertainment to the flights :)

I interrupt your warp whenever I get a chance (not enough now that I think about it) and ive never been warned ?

There is ONLY one ship which gets held up time and time again and they are yours :laugh:

Keep writing your online forum story's, its almost bedtime for me and I feel like listening to another one of your fairy tails :dunce:

Here is a fine example, made it well over the hour mark on this one and well over 500 peds in ammo from the mighty normandie !!
I love how at the end you all try to get out with your quads at once (01:08:00) - really cute :girl:

Considering that we have run this year alone over 1000 scheduled warpflights at set times with set locations that were publicly known, you are still proud of one interception ?
I said 6 to 7 times a year is nothing to be called annoying, you hardly get close to that :laugh:

Even if you had to count the number of flights were you actually fired a shot at us, it would be a neglectable amount. But i guess its good for your ego to think you are having an impact ;)

Well i seem to have connection again with my mobile :-D

It has not bee ny meaning to start the who is the biggest competition and who is the strongest.
My main concerns is about listing people that did not gave permission or want to be named.

Msot lists like pilot . Repairs. Sweater and such lists people actually say hey i want on the list im lvl blah blah...
If this was a list with names of poeple that really want to be on the list then im fine.
the kos list from tos is also a list i dont aappreciate.
Not that i take it on for pirates . But i have rad some posts where certain gamers got compared with murderers.

Sorry but that just goes far to far for me and i feld i had to speak my mind.

@ farmer smurf

Yes indeed only the first bit was towards so-real.
Only my thoughs went a bit on the go and is general in that post.

Best regards . Qs

Considering that we have run this year alone over 1000 scheduled warpflights at set times with set locations that were publicly known, you are still proud of one interception ?
I said 6 to 7 times a year is nothing to be called annoying, you hardly get close to that :laugh:

Even if you had to count the number of flights were you actually fired a shot at us, it would be a neglectable amount. But i guess its good for your ego to think you are having an impact ;)

You come on here to plug your warp service because you think that you can convince people that your service is superior - your motives are as simple and transparent as that.

Lets get one thing straight... YOUR the one with the ego, trust me, many people will vouch for that (not publicly unfortunately) :ahh:

If you think its so much fun ill get the boys together for some more fun soon - which is the most inconvenient day for you?? :cool:

You come on here to plug your warp service because you think that you can convince people that your service is superior - your motives are as simple and transparent as that.

Lets get one thing straight... YOUR the one with the ego, trust me, many people will vouch for that (not publicly unfortunately) :ahh:

If you think its so much fun ill get the boys together for some more fun soon - which is the most inconvenient day for you?? :cool:

Actually i came here because i seen to many posts lately of people who are scared / annoyed of space and i actually have no idea why it is 'you' who thinks he needs to keep up that kind of perception.

Sidney is very right about space, its lootable pvp and people should expect pvp and risk when deciding to travel through space - however it is in control of the players and for every taste of travel opportunities there is an option.
No need to think the space part of this game could only by 'played' offline.

Actually one would think pirates would have an intention to seem less endangering until they decide to attack, but that part really didnt grow much on you chance. Really cant call someone a pirate who is about how he is perceived from others or who tries to advertise a pirate run transport service - i mean honestly who would trust a pirate in lootable pvp ?

Actually i came here because i seen to many posts lately of people who are scared / annoyed of space and i actually have no idea why it is 'you' who thinks he needs to keep up that kind of perception.

Actually one would think pirates would have an intention to seem less endangering until they decide to attack, but that part really didnt grow much on you chance. Really cant call someone a pirate who is about how he is perceived from others or who tries to advertise a pirate run transport service - i mean honestly who would trust a pirate in lootable pvp ?

So let me just try get this straight.
You've come on here to mention how good your service is because apparently its never held up, no wait, your here because you need to tell everyone about my apparent ego... oh nooo, now its because people are scared / annoyed of space and you've come to make it all better...
Your replies stench of desperation - why dont you try yet another angle :)

Who are these people?
Which posts?
More lies and propaganda...

You flatter me :ahh:
I just come on the forums for a bit of fun... Do I talk about how good my loots are or how much profit I make?
Do I mention the names of the people I've stolen $$$'s from?
I think not.

How people perceive 'me' is totally up to them.
I hunt, mine, craft, mentor, trade, transport.. and pirate. My friends trust me with 1000's of peds as I trust them with mine.

I tell things how they are and I do not associate with disingenuous people or people I find untrustworthy.
Its unfortunate that the other pirates do not find it as fun as I do to mingle on these forums...

So your wrong, obviously I dont care what others "perceive" me as... I dont come on the forums kissing anyone's ass or talking myself up.

Oh, you noticed the warp service link, did you like it ? :) It says "uninterrupted" - that's because its NEVER - yes NEVER ONCE been held up during a transport.
Who would trust a pirate transport service...?
The question should be more like who would trust an investment group run by someone like yourself!

All hail the mighty Dreadnought !

Oh, you noticed the warp service link, did you like it ? :) It says "uninterrupted" - that's because its NEVER - yes NEVER ONCE been held up during a transport.

There is more ships that have never been held up because they never fly :rolleyes:
You could try advertising a scheduled public flight with Dreadnought for a change and see if it would stay uninterupted - your statistics would suck bad very soon ;)

Btw - maybe check the link to your advertised website because there is nothing worthy to be found since awhile.

Wrong again.........

You click on that thing ?? LOL :laugh:
That's just there for show...

Sometimes i think, you can make a fool out of yourself all alone, you wouldnt even need my input to it - keep going mate :rolleyes:

Sometimes i think, you can make a fool out of yourself all alone, you wouldnt even need my input to it - keep going mate :rolleyes:

You DO know that the rest of the game continues when your not online ?? :rolleyes:

You've changed now ... :p

Wheres your long drawn out explanations about how everything is and why?

Looks like one has to drop to your talking style before you are actually wanting to talk, maybe start with my first post again in your current mood :rolleyes:

Posts on forums get boring if everyone just looks in how to argue a flaw in someone elses posts instead of making an own point.

Oh my i used more then a sentence - you sure will find a way to twist words again :laugh:

I want to participate but I don't have anything to say!

wait I know

No... mines bigger!

ok now ur turn

My main concerns is about listing people that did not gave permission or want to be named.

First, the people who are listed at some Point (I guess) killed someone in space (or at least did a serious try to). Killing someone in lootable pvp is known to sometimes cause you to "global" (at least pvp4), which is shown all over the server. Additionally, if you have killed 10 or more, you are likelt to, at some point, get on the Hall of Fame list for "killing spree". If you are frequently seen near a space station then it's likely that other adds one and one together, and gets the conclusion it's someone who kills a lot of (different) people in space, aka "pk:er".

Secondly, who who are pirates is information that is of importance for those who fly in space. MA made a system with "karma" to show this - but as Karma sometimes doesn't work as intended (pirate A shoots down pirate B a couple of times, or Pirate B idles in passenger seat) makes it a bit of necessity to have a second system. And, after all, though there can be errors in such a list (with I'm fairly sure can be corrected), those who are on the list did something to get there (again, unless there is an error or misunderstanding).

As for "KOS list", in a way it's silly, on the other hand, if a reputable service knows of someone who is likely to cause interruptions, it's pretty natural to try to neutralize the threat. It's not more different than if society A hold a LG LA, and society B arrives and wants to take it over, until something different is said everyone in A is "kos" for B, and everyone in B is "kos" for A, at least until the dispute is settled ("we won't kill you if you won't kill us").

The pirates has (as far as I know), one mothership (and a privateer). And I'm pretty sure that if they see that mothership in the vicinity, they want don't want the threat from it (risk to get shot down) or annoyance (delying warp) close to them. As the pirates probably otherwise attacks first, it's natural to go out with an open "don't go close of I'll shoot" (again especially if ship is owned by known pirates). As for the case new owner "inherits" the KOS status, it can be a warranty against a pirate alt takes over the ship to fly under false flag to be able to attack by surprise. (After all it took a while until it was discovered who really operated DN.)

There are similar cases where a warning for some people can be in place. For instance, if someone is known to gather hunting teams at Akmuul and then eradicate team on other side of border, or if someone is offering space rides and immediately get the passengers killed (&looted) on arrival in space and then deserting them.

In Entropia, there is no "insurance", or "police ships" (NPC)..

Another dimension of this is that there are pirates and abusers. Pirates who just do "their job" and try to be as less obstructive as possible, and people who'd do anything (alts, speed hacks, summon noobs etc) to get what they want. (And people who aren't pirates but uses this as a pvp arena to get the revenge on their boss at work and shoot down same person 10 times.)

Keep in mind, many of the players here (well at least me) joined the game before PVP got such an impact as it gets in space - back at the days you kind'a had to look for pvp areas and there was only one lootable area (while amethera was wild west sort'a). Maybe the possibility to avoid pvp areas was a key factor to chose this game instead of games like WoW and other games where all areas outside cities is pvp. PVP can be fun if it's voluntary and you can leave any time, not as fun if you have to pass through, it's lootable (=others can profit on killing you) and you risk getting stuck in middle of it if you made a single mistake.

And, well before vehicles, I started to skill up TP:ing to be able to move around swiftly. Something that is useless with space. (Well I use vehicles to.)

As for travelling in space, I use mothership services as I like travelling fast, and at the same time I use taxi services (to kind'a help other players and) to be able to go to planets to join events that isn't synchronized with mothership schedules, and to visit planets like Cyrene where motherships rarely go (or, where I can't be back on calypso same evening so I'm certain I can be on calypso when I log in next day). Since space map got enlarged I don't fly much in space anymore (especially not to NI).

Last edited:
Meme's are always fun :thumbup:

Plural of meme is memes :wise:

Grammar Nazified

your've been trrroooollled dudebro, so you wanna be a pirate instead of a ninja;
Just follow the internetz rulez; {removed}, before the courage wolf comes to bite you
and you are forever alone playing with your nyan cat

me rulez tha inta'nets yoa

/troll mode off

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole reason we mods haven't closed this thread is simple: Thre's nothing wrong at all with making lists of players participating in specific professions. It's been done for colorers, healers and many other ingame professions.

However, with the OP stating that they will never remove someone from the list, even when they "retired", and comparing ingame PVP to RL murder is simply too silly to let stand.

Have any cases actually occurred where someone went "Right, there's a bloke in space. Just let me check the pirate list... Good golly they're on there. I best high-tail it out."? Somehow I doubt it.

I'm closing this thread for the following forum reasons:
Forum Rules said:
2.3 - Personal Disputes

3.2 - Off Topic (about 3/4ths of the posts here have nothing to do with the list)

:locked:

Status
Back