Accidental sale of 15 CLD's for 1700 ped

Status
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Lone Wolf McQuaid
I accidentally sold 15 cld's for 1700 ped it was supposed to be 17000 ped I mistakenly missed one zero I hope the buyer will be honest and come forward even though it was my mistake I would like to get them back
Edit: the reason I was selling in first place was I was going to withdraw the peds from this sale because I needed the funds in RL

Last edited:
one word: ouch :duh:

i realy hope the buyer is honest and gives the cld`s back to you.

mistakes like this shudent be able to make in the auktion.

/emotions OFF

**coats self in flame retardant**

I'm never on Auction at the right time :(

/emotions ON

That sux bro! I hope you get some kind of help here, unfortunately I can't help and history tells me these things usually go unresolved.
Unfortunately the only one at fault here is yourself, and I've been guilty of making similar mistakes myself and I can't even think of a suggestion for MA in order to lessen the likelihood of these events happening...

LOOK! SOLAR ECLIPSE!
**runs outside**

Sorry for you loss :( Most feel really bad :(

I wonder thought 17000 / 15 is only 1133 ped each. Why would you sell so cheap?

Fat finger trades have costs people billions in the real world, so don't think their is much that can be done about the problem :( Already is a confirm button. Not that this helps you.

i realy hope the buyer is honest and gives the cld`s back to you.

mistakes like this shudent be able to make in the auktion.

Why is the buyer not honest when he/she doesn't step forward? Big fuck up from the OP, but how the hell does one not double check before putting something on sale for almost 2000 US dollars?

Sorry to hear but don't expect the buyer stepping forward, he/she hasn't done anything wrong but to score a bargain.

Angel

Why is the buyer not honest when he/she doesn't step forward? Big fuck up from the OP, but how the hell does one not double check before putting something on sale for almost 2000 US dollars?

Sorry to hear but don't expect the buyer stepping forward, he/she hasn't done anything wrong but to score a bargain.

Angel

Mindark did a similar thing with 460 deeds. Not very hard to do at all.

Maybe someone soon is suddenly offering some CLD's then for below 1300?

Angel

Well, legally wrong, no. Morally wrong, more debatable. I think the decent thing would be to return them. And then the decent thing from the OP would be to give one or two as a gift of thanks.

Mindark did a similar thing with 460 deeds. Not very hard to do at all.

Sure, but the chance of getting away with MA's misplaced deeds is non-existent. In this case, no one will ever know who took them, and support will never help in a case like this. All trades are final, except MA's own trades.

Geez dude I feel your pain :(

Need a lock for Items don't know why this is not in place already!!

My friend sold a MS for the price of one CLD if that makes ya feel any better, guess not :(

I feel sorry for the OP.
I'm sure the buyer have to work on his Karma if he/she don't give back the deeds. This person can't say this was luck and he/she never will be happy with this deeds!

Sorry to hear, it isn't dishonest to get a bargain but if you then see a thread saying it was a mistake which is blatantly obvious as no one would sell 15 CLDs for that price then i would make every effort to sort something out with you and if i didn't i would think much less of myself as I'm sure would others.

goodluck

Is it me or are these threads becoming more and more common?

They need to fix this already, make all deeds on auction(when it has a BO, and is sold with BO) have a 1 day confirmation where you can then agree to the sale or not.

They need to fix this already, make all deeds on auction(when it has a BO, and is sold with BO) have a 1 day confirmation where you can then agree to the sale or not.

I'm pretty sure most of these mistakes would be nullified with the implementation of commas, periods or any other type of thousandth separator.

@ OP - sorry for your loss.

Is it me or are these threads becoming more and more common?

Yes they are... MA needs to address these issues. There are some easy changes they can make to prevent them. Two important ones are a trade-lock for items and warnings when listing auctions significantly below MU or when making a bid that's significantly above MU.

Yes they are... MA needs to address these issues. There are some easy changes they can make to prevent them. Two important ones are a trade-lock for items and warnings when listing auctions significantly below MU or when making a bid that's significantly above MU.

And let the person set those values themselves would be idealistic.

The trade was 5750 ped for 460 deeds, he returned them immediately.

Cuz if he didnt he prolly woulda been banned... Unlike this threads case, again..

This happens way too often for them to not do anything, i mean were talking hundreds/ thousands of dollars...

I feel sorry for OP. Only hope for you that somebody who sniped it will give at least some of them back.
Very expensive lesson for you to check twice before you click final button.

The trade was 5750 ped for 460 deeds, he returned them immediately.

Cuz if he didnt he prolly woulda been banned... Unlike this threads case, again..

This happens way too often for them to not do anything, i mean were talking hundreds/ thousands of dollars...

Kinda interesting if MA would ban anybody for that... I mean it's them who excuse this kind of situations with 'all trades are final' statement... If they would ban (yes I also think they would) person involved in this trade, this would be very interesting turn of action and possible ground for legal case...

They did it during the recent CLD sales in a player-to-player trade. The player that got them gave them right back.

So why if MA make a mistake they expect to get it corrected, where our OP here has made the exact same mistake but is not treated the same way?

EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU ARE DOING...
REAL MONEY IS AT STAKE...

wow

that was hard to say..
i double/ triple/ quad check everything

ITS REAL MONEY PEOPLE YES REAL MONEY..............

sorry i feel bad that you did that but... again
PAY ATTENTION

there was once a comma costed a company XXXmillion USD

a COMMA happens in real life too...

oh wait this is REAL MONEY

MA should be paying attentiontoo.
ffs

To be honest if I was the user that got 460 deeds from Ma I would have kept them. In the rules it states all trades are final they cannot amend the rules after an incident to suit. On the other hand if it was a player that did it I would return it.... MA {removed} needs to be taken advantage of when ever you can :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, its just a guess he would have been banned tho. Or it could of been forcably take back, but yes, "all trades are final" only applies to all participants and not officials tho.(a guess again)

However i have a question to people,
In post #16, i said they should make a final confirmation for deed sales only if sold via BO.
Is that easily understood or not? I ask this because i got a neg rep with someone basically calling me an idiot and a noob..

But to the OP, try sending a support case and explain the issue and mistake, you never know what *MAY* happen..
Just saying, and i am sorry for your loss.

To be honest if I was the user that got 460 deeds from Ma I would have kept them. In the rules it states all trades are final they cannot amend the rules after an incident to suit. On the other hand if it was a player that did it I would return it.... MA {removed}needs to be taken advantage of when ever you can :)

Difference is MA can not track the agreements made in and outside the game between two parties. If there was a trade and one side complains MA has no possibility to know who is right and thus can't judge. If MA is involved they certainly know the intentions and agreements.

To be honest if I was the user that got 460 deeds from Ma I would have kept them. In the rules it states all trades are final they cannot amend the rules after an incident to suit. On the other hand if it was a player that did it I would return it.... MA {removed} needs to be taken advantage of when ever you can :)

Yeah, yeah. "all trades are final", already discussed. But what was max amount per trade session? Five? In other case - what consequences? Right, - reverse.

Also, let's draw MA as a "{removed}", okay. Imagine, you got 460 deeds, and you will not be banned, and even trade will not be reversed.

And behind you in line hundreds of players waiting for their deeds.

I like to share some more of my feelings towards this.

I do not understand why the general stance here is against the buyer? Even though you can argue that morally he is in the wrong I personally could quite happily live with that knowing that I just made 2000 dollars with one click (let the neg reps begin).

Don't get me wrong not that I feel a little sympathetic with the op, but that sympathy isn't really high to be honest. As I stated in my other post, how on earth can you not pay more attention if you sell something so valuable? We are talking about a sale here that exceeds the monthly income of the average working German... Let me repeat that ... 160 working hours pissed away with one click..

Yes, I agree with Stryker that it would be easier if MA implemented commas, but so many things would have a lot more priority in my book for MA (bring back taming for a start) then to nanny a few people not paying attention.

I think everyone should take a good look at what our world (and EU is a mere reflection of that) actually is. Its not a chocolate factory and mistakes like that are extremely dumb and in 99% of the cases are punished with a loss, and quite rightly in my book. One could argue that if those things aren't punished, the world would not evolve (playing devils advocate on a philosophical level).

Feel free to nihilate me for my opinion, but if you take a good look at yourself (and now be honest, you would have kept the deeds, smiled and thought ... easiest 2000 dollars I made in my entire life) and carried on. If you still seriously say nope, I would have given it back then I'd say you belong to an extremely small group of idealists. An idealists are not a driving force in this world.

Angel

Status
Back