Question: Suggestion: /me

Chesty Jugs

Prowler
Society
Necromancers
Helena Chesty Jugs
How about making a /me in the game? Very simple to code, for example for you that dont know what it does, it would not type normal text but it would say your username and what you did.

Example. i would type in chat /me loves your hat and it would come out in chat in a different color/colour and display "Chesty loves your hat"

Thoughts?

It's on every other program, why not here?

Cheers

-/ Mod Note/-

Made the title a bit more explicit (for when people are looking for the thread in future), and moved to Suggestions/Wishlist forum.

Sorry, but I am not sure I understand... What would be the point of this addition? How would it improve the gaming experience? :scratch2:

As someone who is using IRC for almost 20 years, I sometimes really catch myself at trying to use /me in chat :). Would be nice to actually have it, especially since it really doesn't involve any coding efforts.

I certainly agree they should add it.
Having that simple function would make so many people happy to be able to use and immerse themselves in their avatar, we type enough as it is, anything to shorten that is great IMO in this environment. /me is something a great many millions do (and are used to) in other unnamed games.

One had a cool system that many people loved with %target macros and such ( %target (selected target) = targets name in chat))

so you could type Hi %target (auctioneer targeted) and it would say Hi auctioneer, or hi bob with hi %target (bob targeted) ect. or 'points and laughs at % target (hogglo).' for "points and laughts at hogglo young." "pulling %target(atrox stalker)" " fapping the landgrab avatar %target" ect ect.

Certainly would not hurt to implement these simple things or a version of them. Role-playing, while not particularly my thing, can be a huge deal for many people, and even some utility without roleplaying.

Great suggestion.

Its the little things that can make a huge difference to many.

One had a cool system that many people loved with %target macros and such ( %target (selected target) = targets name in chat))

Totally agree. After MA allowed to use any Unicode character in names, there are people with Cyrillic/Chinese/etc names which you just have no idea how to type in (and can't copy-paste if it wasn't in the chat yet).

MIND is sure that Crone would love this function
EDIT: (eh mah gerd 1,000 posts :p )

/me begs MA for an uberloot!

/me saying yes!

Also, please implement REGEXP in chat! (running to the bushes)

Back