Pricecheck: Baringer SR51

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ermik

Elite
ermik ermik ermik
I cant wrap my head around this, or more exact how the market seem to value things.

Maybe these guns are too new for people to have understood their potential, combined with a total market focus based on the recent CLD sales, anyhow i made a small comparision.

When you say Baringer, people respond, ah the new sib marbers.... I would like to claim them wrong, for many reasons.

What is a tagger?

A tagger means different thing to different hunters, for one it means placing a cheap low dmg shot into a mobo to clear it from a crowd of mobs , or to be able to do this from 150m, to avoid ninja respawns on you as you close in and work your way into the spawn of mobs.

Tagging may also serve the purpose och actually doing harm to the mob, to shorten the time you are exposed to its attacks, or to save cost of your primary weapon and armor, or a combination of both.

People dont use marbers because they are good, they use them because thats all we had to choose from.

The people who didnt feel the marbrers did what they wanted to have, went up for something better, a Fireforge, M71A1/A2 or the camo/ml series.

Using a Camo or ML is fun, no doubt about it, but if youre not maxxed on it it will hurt you long term.

So where is this leading, well i did some comparing and came up with the following.

This is a standard Baringer SR51 + Dante

baringersr51.jpg

And this is

Baringer SR51, Tier 3 , dmg enhancers attached + dante amp

compared to

Omegaton M71A2, Tier 0 + A106 laser amp. , used at level 60 laser sniper / Laser dmg

baringervsm71a2lvl60.jpg

The interesting part is that in this picture, the eco INCLUDES the cost of broken enhancers + their MU ( 1000 uses before an enhancers breaks on avg )

For fun i then did this comparision.

Baringer SR51, Tier 7 , dmg enhancers attached + dante amp

compared to

Meckel & Loch ML-35, Tier 0 + Dante amp. used at level 60 blp sniper / blp dmg

baringert7vsml35lvl60.jpg

Also in this calculation the cost for broken enhancers are included in the eco.

In the light of such a comparision its really really hard to say "Its just a bravo..."

So how does the future looks for these new long range sib guns? , They do seem to have slowed down droprate really much and as far as i know, a handfull SR51 exist ingame.

Well, i know that 2 were sold not too long ago on auction at +2.2k without a startbid... so, guess that's the price people are willing to pay for it, so i'd say that's the MU for them.

Well, i know that 2 were sold not too long ago on auction at +2.2k without a startbid... so, guess that's the price people are willing to pay for it, so i'd say that's the MU for them.

and one also sold for +6k , and +4k .

what defines the value of an item? , how ppl value it in auction , how people value other things it can be compared with?

My question is if these guns are yet to see a stable climb upwards as people realise their potential?

One UL 0x0 tier 0 sold for tt+60 once, is that the mu for that item?

Comparing weapons at diffrent tiers is not interesting since the other weapon is also possible to tier, 16 uses is still slow as hell, most people will find that reload useless and boring.

Comparing weapons at diffrent tiers is not interesting since the other weapon is also possible to tier, 16 uses is still slow as hell, most people will find that reload useless and boring.

In wich of my two examples would the eco gap not become even bigger, if tiers were also added on the nob sib items?

Most people wouldnt touch a EP-41 since " its not eco if youre not maxxed on it "

Apply the same logic....

Who would want to touch a M71A2 ? if there are alternatives ?

No, id say most people would not find this reload useless and booring, id say they think it is now, when they realise its not, things will change.

You complain the gun is too cheap? :scratch2:

Isn't that an advantage for you as a possible buyer?

Unless you hoard a few of them for reselling purposes I don't understand why would you make such a thread.

Most people will also think that the eco of a tagger does not matter that much since you just shoot a few shots with it i guess, i would think so, thats why marbers are popular, they are cheap and does the job of tagging perfectly nice.

I tried a barringer sr47 (tho not 51, it was tier 1, and came with free damage enhancers. I was tiering it up for my soc mate)

These are the issues I had with it:

1) Dps was way too low to be effective. Areanatrox would regen 16hp per sec or more depending on maturity. My barringer shot was quickly regenerated.

2) It hits TOO hard. There is a ton of overkill when I tested it on smaller mobs. I would prefer less damage and more reload (like the ml35)

3) The shot it deals cost a ton. My cost per kill on araeantrox went up using the barringer. But if I used a juelz mckillah or a tier 5 assault rifle with range enhancers from Hunt the Thing (base range is 80) my cost to kill was significantly lower per spider.

I had to return the barringer, becuase it was killing my cost per kill, and my return % went down. It was more cost efficient to me to use a small tagger.

Hunting with the barringer as a main weapon for the mob I like hunting is just not possible. It also requires lvl 56 to max.

At that level you could use some pretty good main rifles. They would help fight the regen way better then just 35+ dps of that barringer.

I can see the "hunt small atrox" thing, but lets face it ... if you are lvl 56 .. do you really want to hunt small atrox all day with the 4-6k ped you tied up in a gun with those limitations? (not including the dante you are using for a 35+ dps gun)

I sold barringers in my shop, I sold a Sr35 for tt+400, and an sr36 went unsold for tt+600 (to the auction it went). Was it less then MV? Yah def, would i value it more? Nah... I can buy 100 juelz with 400 peds... and I only use up 5 a month....

How much would I value the sr51?

TT+1-2k?

Just my 2 pecs... I also havent hunted since cld sale. As i spent all my peds stocking up on cheap clds. Now i sit and wait for my ped card to grow :) Ill be back in Mid December hunting the spider!

One UL 0x0 tier 0 sold for tt+60 once, is that the mu for that item?

You can't compare a low buyout pricing error with some sales bidded by several people as auction were ended.

My opinion is the range +2K/+3k price is very fine.

You were talking about the bravo which is what, around TT+100 ?
So this gun is like 20 or 30 times the price of bravo which seems pretty good.

Oh and the +6k was the 1st gun bought through auction so it's quite obvious why it was more expensive at start.

People probably are just not sure about the drop rate. RT instances are mostly broken and unpopular now, who knows how many will be dropped after they fix those and people start to camp them.

When the first Archons emerged I thought it's a good idea to buy some for over +2k "before MA fixed this huge balancing fuckup", and look where it all ended...

ppl value items as what they want to pay for it it will always work that way. The most common miss understanding is the existance of market, where do you see market in EU ? There is none never been never will be is P2P trade.
Is like Banks what banks ?
Now as in IRL there is simple minded ppl and the normal ones, the simple minded will belive in market becose 100 ppl tell them that it exist. The normal ppl are the 100 ones that try to trap the simple minded ppl.

Now that gun is worth what ever someone is willing to pay for if that is 6k good if not then mayby is 1k but at least is more that the TT value becose the real market is TT value of item that what MA will give you back as peds for every item you own.

Now back on track that gun is badly look at becose of the reload two factors:

you hunt hight reg mobs don't work mob reg while you reload
then you use it as tager but so many beter weapons out there to tag whith

tbh is sad to look at the gun that take so long to reload.

I will not pay TT+1 ped for it becose am not interested at all see no market value to me but i will pay nice chunk for ML or did i ?

PS. I hear someone payd 400k for mod fap so much for market value right. sad panda.

I see a few things going on here that may make the current price less you might expect.

First, as you mentioned, the the CLD sale. People who just spent 5 or 6 K on CLDs might not be in the market for a gun at the moment.

Just as importantly, the SR51 didn't just show up by itself, there is the rest of the Baringer SRxx line. While not as powerful these have good range, a lower SIB requirement, and a lower price tag.

There's also a relatively new SIB plasma tagger, the Enkidd Howler S.4. It lets you skill plasma and is going for about TT+650. And there's the whole range of unlimited 100+ meter guns from Arkadia, the Herman SIRs for BLP and the RAWs for laser. While these have less range, some have pretty good dps when amped.

Add to that a bunch of marbers that have been dumped on the market as some people switch to SIB taggers and players have a lot of choices.

So, to sum it up, fewer free peds and lots of choices may have lead to market softness for this weapon.

You complain the gun is too cheap? :scratch2:

Isn't that an advantage for you as a possible buyer?

Unless you hoard a few of them for reselling purposes I don't understand why would you make such a thread.

why does every step a man take have to be focused on making money?

im curious how people think regarding this weapon, since they seem to value other less eco weapons more.

I see a few things going on here that may make the current price less you might expect.

First, as you mentioned, the the CLD sale. People who just spent 5 or 6 K on CLDs might not be in the market for a gun at the moment.

Just as importantly, the SR51 didn't just show up by itself, there is the rest of the Baringer SRxx line. While not as powerful these have good range, a lower SIB requirement, and a lower price tag.

There's also a relatively new SIB plasma tagger, the Enkidd Howler S.4. It lets you skill plasma and is going for about TT+650. And there's the whole range of unlimited 100+ meter guns from Arkadia, the Herman SIRs for BLP and the RAWs for laser. While these have less range, some have pretty good dps when amped.

Add to that a bunch of marbers that have been dumped on the market as some people switch to SIB taggers and players have a lot of choices.

So, to sum it up, fewer free peds and lots of choices may have lead to market softness for this weapon.

good reply, yes the flood of new stuff along with cld sales slow everything down, agree.

Its valued by what people will pay,

new items have the OMG it is new factor so the price reflects that

Most people will also think that the eco of a tagger does not matter that much since you just shoot a few shots with it i guess, i would think so, thats why marbers are popular, they are cheap and does the job of tagging perfectly nice.

no my point is the marbrers are popular because for many years they were the only thing people could choose.

but yes some may consider tagging eco less important, but thats mainly because there hasnt been any alternatives.

many valid points so far, seems the choice of mob in relation to your gear is quite important, nothing really new but gives a broader perspective to where we are at this point.

the fixation with high dps at all cost is troblesome however crucial for the survival of eu, everyone cant profit.

many valid points so far, seems the choice of mob in relation to your gear is quite important, nothing really new but gives a broader perspective to where we are at this point.

the fixation with high dps at all cost is troblesome however crucial for the survival of eu, everyone cant profit.

cant profit if you dont have enough dps to heavily out dps the regen either.

36 dps is quite the limitation for a several thousand ped investment.

id think an reason players are reluctant to buy it is they dont know how many will drop so they choose to wait it out
even if the baringer is an good gun
for instance,the laseramp 103 used to be tt-food despite the fact its an very good amp

im curious how people think regarding this weapon, since they seem to value other less eco weapons more.

Mod merc cost more then imkII... higher dps can be more eco on some mobs.
But this SR51, I guess a Apis will be more eco on lets say, 70% off the mobs ingame ?

The +2.2k one that sold was Tier 0, but was probably someone looking for a quick sale. Some people don't have the patience to wait a few extra days or weeks to sell for a good price.

A tier 2 SR51 sold yesterday for +3.5k outside the auction.

With enhancers and the Dante, you can bring a small Proteron down to 50% HP or less before it gets to you. Not bad if you ask me. Smaller atrox will die before hitting you. You also don't have the insanely low reload speed of a Marber, and its SIB so you will also miss less and spend less PED to tag.

If you want to skill or tier such a rifle, you can sit on Leviathans and just tank them while whittling them down. It really doesn't take that long (unless your used to using a more uber weapon).

And don't forget the amazing eco of the SR51 with a Dante.

A solid uber long range rifle/tagger. I give even a tier 0 around +3k or maybe a bit more.

The +2.2k one that sold was Tier 0, but was probably someone looking for a quick sale. Some people don't have the patience to wait a few extra days or weeks to sell for a good price.
Those 2 that were sold on auction for +2.2k were not sold for BO (BO's were something like 4k and 5k if memory serves), they were 1 week auctions, so no, not just a quick sale :p

Those 2 that were sold on auction for +2.2k were not sold for BO (BO's were something like 4k and 5k if memory serves), they were 1 week auctions, so no, not just a quick sale :p

Ah, well others have still sold for more recently. Its a buyer market, I suppose. You put it up for sale at the right time and the right buyer comes along, you can get a good sale. I think people are skeptical of buying UL weapons right now, because of the influx of new (L) items. But people will realize, once again, that relying on a steady supply of (L) items isn't always the best idea, and I think UL items will start selling for slightly higher prices once the demand goes up. That's generally how this game has always worked.

I'm a mid-level player and I don't mind hunting small mobs.. hell I even hunt punies because I like the azuro, the proton and ofcourse the rocket launcher.

I usually kill molisk youngs for 60-75 pecs with p5a/a105

a baringer sr51+dante+2 damage enhancers can kill a molisk young with one shot, meaning that if it does 90%-100% damage the molisk will die, skipping regen completely. total cost in those cases would be 41 pecs.
Ofcourse it doesnt always do this damage, but the trusty p5a/a105 combo can do the finishing. This combined could make it very eco.
I

I'm a mid-level player and I don't mind hunting small mobs.. hell I even hunt punies because I like the azuro, the proton and ofcourse the rocket launcher.

I usually kill molisk youngs for 60-75 pecs with p5a/a105

a baringer sr51+dante+2 damage enhancers can kill a molisk young with one shot, meaning that if it does 90%-100% damage the molisk will die, skipping regen completely. total cost in those cases would be 41 pecs.
Ofcourse it doesnt always do this damage, but the trusty p5a/a105 combo can do the finishing. This combined could make it very eco.
I

What is the eco at when you need to have that second shot? :)

And don't forget the amazing eco of the SR51 with a Dante.

Looks a nice gun, but it seems odd how wiki has the SR33 eco at 2.546 and the SR51 at 2.924. It would appear the eco improves the higher the level of the SR, but this is unusual. It would put me off paying 5k from the auction, because I am not sure the eco is correct and maybe someone has entered false data to sell it. I am not suggesting that is the case, but I'd prefer to verify its eco myself before paying 5k.

Looks a nice gun, but it seems odd how wiki has the SR33 eco at 2.546 and the SR51 at 2.924. It would appear the eco improves the higher the level of the SR, but this is unusual. It would put me off paying 5k from the auction, because I am not sure the eco is correct and maybe someone has entered false data to sell it. I am not suggesting that is the case, but I'd prefer to verify its eco myself before paying 5k.

I can tell you from personal, extended use of the SR51 with Dante the eco is phenomenal. I was hunting with Sr51/Dante, Adj Pixie, and FAP 69-SGA and my repair costs over 1000 PED of ammo was maybe 120ish PED. Whereas my repair costs over 1000 PED with X5/Dante, POE, and FAP 69-SGA is more 2x that. The X5/Dante is around 2.85 eco. So if the Sr51 was less eco than the Sr33, I doubt my repair costs would be 1/2 of the X5/POE setup. The repair costs of the POE is usually around 40-50 PED, so the X5 costs are still the majority of the repair (at 2.85 eco).

I can tell you from personal, extended use of the SR51 with Dante the eco is phenomenal. I was hunting with Sr51/Dante, Adj Pixie, and FAP 69-SGA and my repair costs over 1000 PED of ammo was maybe 120ish PED. Whereas my repair costs over 1000 PED with X5/Dante, POE, and FAP 69-SGA is more 2x that. The X5/Dante is around 2.85 eco. So if the Sr51 was less eco than the Sr33, I doubt my repair costs would be 1/2 of the X5/POE setup. The repair costs of the POE is usually around 40-50 PED, so the X5 costs are still the majority of the repair (at 2.85 eco).

that doesn't really say anything. Guns have different decay and different ammo usage. Some guns decay a lot and are still eco (Modified starkhov as an example) and some guns use a lot of ammo and decays less (i2870). The dps/eco on those are similar but still your repair bill with the mod stark will be a lot higher than with the i2870.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?234807-Renting-Out-BARINGER-SR51-tier-1

try it and fruit test it yourself :yay:

NOthing unusual there, all new "standard" guns have the same eco increase as dps n lvl requirement increases (enigma, ewe/isis lc, isis project zero-*** and all others) and eco is correct on entropedia, 2,95+ eco with dante when maxed

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back