Pricecheck: Baringer SR51

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is a tool, an option, just like all the other tools available in the game.
It has places where it excels and places where it is weak, just like all the other tools in the game.

Regardless of your main dps weapon(apis,x1,ASI,etc.. etc...) if you can reduce a mobs hp by 1/4 or more before it gets in range of your dps gun and have that hp reduced at a better eco than your main dps gun, I see that as a win.

If you are hunting medium low hp mobs without regen who do high dmg, this gun is a win.
I tried kingfishers last night and unamped (I had lent out my second amp) I was doing enough dmg to them before they were in range of my 0-4 to be worth using as a long range pre damaging tagger.(would have been even better if I had it amped)

It is not the end all 'god gun' we all dream of owning some day, but I believe it is a great tool in your arsenal to make you a more efficient well rounded mid lvl hunter. (if you understand how to use it properly)

I am not good at placing value on things....
I looted a 51 and traded it for a 47+1.5k ped since i don't have the skills for the 51.
I was happy with that price then, and I would be happy with it now.
So the question is, how much more valuable is the sr47 than the 35/36/37s?
I sold an sr37 in my shop at Emerald Lakes yesterday for 870ped, I dont remember the TT on it so lets call it tt+750.
If i had an sr37, i would be more than happy to add 1k ped to it and get an sr47.
This puts the value of the sr47 at about tt+1750, and the sr51 at about +3.25k.

These are minimum prices since Im a conservative player who is very cautious with my ped, I am sure they could be sold to someone else for more.

So after all of that I would say a rough estimate of tt+ 4-5k ped for the SR51.

narfi

since i don't have the skills for the 51.

Not directed at you narfi, but I know that when I was at lvl 56-57 I would not even think about getting a gun with lower dps than a p5a so that might be why it's priced as it is.

Regardless of your main dps weapon(apis,x1,ASI,etc.. etc...) if you can reduce a mobs hp by 1/4 or more before it gets in range of your dps gun and have that hp reduced at a better eco than your main dps gun, I see that as a win.
Actually, every hunter knows that most of the mobs won't aggro straight away when shot.
One example about this while i was tiering a friends tagger last night: i tag & pre-dmg the mob from 6 * the range my main weapon has, when it's at the range of my main weapon, it was at 3/4 health... so now and then i went with my main weapon only... got the mob down to 3/5 before it was at attacking range.

So, this really depends on the DPS the tagger/pre-damager can do and the mob you hunt.

Not directed at you narfi, but I know that when I was at lvl 56-57 I would not even think about getting a gun with lower dps than a p5a so that might be why it's priced as it is.

No offense even if you do direct it at me :) I pride myself in being successful at what I do without skills or huge investments.

Anything you can hunt with a p5a doesnt need to be damaged from a distance.
I think this is the mindset that ermik is trying to get across with this thread.

DPS only matters if you can reach the mob with your weapon.

If you have enough dps that a short range weapon can kill a mob before it reaches you, then you dont need a 'pre-damaging tagger'
If you have low hp(like I do) low evade (like I do) no medical skills (like I do) enough dps(L) (like I do) but hates to loose on MU or excessive defensive costs (like I do) and still likes to hunt higher level mobs (like I do) then it is important to do everything you can to decrease the amount of time the mob is able to hit you while not increasing your offensive costs per kill.

So if you don't want to participate in whatever this weeks 'exploit' for avoiding dmg is, guns like this are a great tool for the mid lvl player to be more efficient within the skill sets they have.

If I was maxed on old school, had the evade, hp, and medical skills to go with that and decent armor,(which I assume is your case considering the soc your in :) ) I really wouldn't have a need for this gun.

that doesn't really say anything. Guns have different decay and different ammo usage. Some guns decay a lot and are still eco (Modified starkhov as an example) and some guns use a lot of ammo and decays less (i2870). The dps/eco on those are similar but still your repair bill with the mod stark will be a lot higher than with the i2870.

That's true, but I tend to get around the return amount per 1000 PED ammo. So, either way it worked well. Although, you would have to stick with lower regens.

I cant wrap my head around this, or more exact how the market seem to value things.

Your issue is not what the gun might be worth, but the value you are trying to convince people that you "want" it to be worth.

So to acheive this you need to be more confident in your beliefs. "My gun can do this, and that is why you should buy it", rather than "My gun can do this, but you fools don't see it's potential"

Becasue by taking the price check approach, you are suggesting that you are not confident about it's value, so people will naturally doubt any price you put on it.

You probably would be more sucessful attempting to sell it at the higher end and see is someone takes the bait "selling SR5xx for 7K peds". Simple clean sales pitch, you might get lucky.

It's all about perception, I love human nature.

GL

Rick

The major drawback for me on this gun is the painfully slow reload.

Also in case of a pk attempt the fact that the main damage is of burn type and the amp's main damage type (dante) is not, making it way less useful than the ml-35 for example.

If the damage type at least matched the amp it would be useful for pk and if the reload was not that painfully slow it would be nice to hunt with perhaps. Would hate to miss when close and then have to wait almost 4 seconds before I could pull out the fap.

They did look more interesting before I actually looked into it.

The major drawback for me on this gun is the painfully slow reload.

Also in case of a pk attempt the fact that the main damage is of burn type and the amp's main damage type (dante) is not, making it way less useful than the ml-35 for example.

If the damage type at least matched the amp it would be useful for pk and if the reload was not that painfully slow it would be nice to hunt with perhaps. Would hate to miss when close and then have to wait almost 4 seconds before I could pull out the fap.

They did look more interesting before I actually looked into it.

Well, its not really meant to be a PK weapon - but it makes for a great addition to a hunting arsenal just for the fact that you can put some heavy damage on most mobs before they get to you. This reduces defense costs as well as close range weapon costs (since most close range weapons will have a lower eco than the SR51). And you shouldn't be using it at close range to where you need to FAP.

For its intended use, its a good weapon. But yeah, stay away from PVP with it. Maybe once it hits higher tiers you can one-shot some people (depending on armor). The 160m range is dope.

but it makes for a great addition to a hunting arsenal just for the fact that you can put some heavy damage on most mobs before they get to you.

Heavy? C'mon :p It all goes into regen since it doesn't even have the dps of a p5a man.. For a tagger that does some damage (still not heavy) while tagging go look at a ML-35. With a dante you get 49.3dmg/sec with that one compared to 28.4 with the baringer.

An example is trying to tag a proteron old, araneatrox mature old, Atrox OA->stalker, kreltin, aurli, mulaak'f or basically any mob with some regen and you will see that you can barely move the hp bar on them down because the regen beats the dps of the gun. This is mobs in perfect range for the hunter at the higher lvl 50's (that you need to max this gun) so then you are standing there with a gun you can do 1 shot with and waiting until the mob reaches you since you would just pump ammo into regen by shooting ^^ If you had a ML-35 you could in fact do some damage before these mobs reached you even if that one also will make you shoot a lot of regen hp if it's not tiered a few tiers.

Heavy? C'mon :p It all goes into regen since it doesn't even have the dps of a p5a man.. For a tagger that does some damage (still not heavy) while tagging go look at a ML-35. With a dante you get 49.3dmg/sec with that one compared to 28.4 with the baringer.

An example is trying to tag a proteron old, araneatrox mature old, Atrox OA->stalker, kreltin, aurli, mulaak'f or basically any mob with some regen and you will see that you can barely move the hp bar on them down because the regen beats the dps of the gun. This is mobs in perfect range for the hunter at the higher lvl 50's (that you need to max this gun) so then you are standing there with a gun you can do 1 shot with and waiting until the mob reaches you since you would just pump ammo into regen by shooting ^^ If you had a ML-35 you could in fact do some damage before these mobs reached you even if that one also will make you shoot a lot of regen hp if it's not tiered a few tiers.

and why are the only valid option to go for regen mobs?

just because youre in the higher lvl 50´s doesent mean you have to play stupid.

Anyone with a brain wont go for high regen mobs with a SR51, noone even suggested that.

The ML-35 has its place, if you want to gamble with less effenciency versus the potential MU on high regen mobs. ( MA has stated not beeing maxxed on a weapon is the worst thing you can do when hunting )

If you dont want to gamble, and want to enjoy p5a+a106 dps AND eco, but with a suitable 160m range, the Baringer SR51+dante makes a perfect companion.

Instead of just saying, "it cant kill ara stalkers so its crap", try to view it from a neutral standpoint.

Hmmm just at Tier 1 here with a Range enhancer, 168m, a Dante 158dmg ummm hmmm damn its a nice sound!

Obviously wouldnt use it for big ass mobs, mind you a few shots at 168m, then swap to ML35 from 140m and then finish off at close range, currently messing with a BL1450. Can't wait to see this is like at higher tiers. :sniper:

Maybe +4kPed, its way better than a M71A1

And the HUGE bonus to the SR51 is the... SIB! ML-35 will be terribly inefficient at the level requirements for the SR51. Sure, you still get around 43 DPS without maxing the ML35 (with Dante) but your eco is now.... 2.5 damage/pec. That is awful lol. I'll take 2.9 over 2.5 any day even if I lose 15 DPS.

Hunting Proterons and big Leviathan was perfect with the SR51 because of the nonexistent regen.

I only hunt with baringer, and I am plus.

To be fair, I don't think your eco figures are including the markup of the damage enhancers, just the tt.

To be fair, I don't think your eco figures are including the markup of the damage enhancers, just the tt.

in the main op example the eco is INCLUDING mu on the enhancers. ( value used 500% )

The enhancers take AGES to break on the SR51. At Tier 1 I threw on 20 damage enhancers, and I'm not even positive I've lost more than... 5? And I use it to constantly hit mobs as they approach me, so it was getting a ton of use. I think the enhancer price is almost negligible to the eco.

in the main op example the eco is INCLUDING mu on the enhancers. ( value used 500% )

Oops, my bad! I assumed the eco could not be that high with damage enhancers + markup included.

Oops, my bad! I assumed the eco could not be that high with damage enhancers + markup included.

And thats my main thought with this thread, to question why this fact has gone under so many peoples radar :)

( MA has stated not beeing maxxed on a weapon is the worst thing you can do when hunting )

That made me smile a bit.

But SR51 is really eco and has a nice damage. As it is not the price should be fair around +2,5-3k. The problem is that it will keep on dropping when MA fix the instances on RT. So i will not buy any before i know more.

Maybe we will not see the SR51 for +1k but who knows.

And the HUGE bonus to the SR51 is the... SIB! ML-35 will be terribly inefficient at the level requirements for the SR51. Sure, you still get around 43 DPS without maxing the ML35 (with Dante) but your eco is now.... 2.5 damage/pec. That is awful lol. I'll take 2.9 over 2.5 any day even if I lose 15 DPS.

Hunting Proterons and big Leviathan was perfect with the SR51 because of the nonexistent regen.

You do know that even a prot young has so much regen that 33% of the dmg from the baringer is shot in regen only :p how eco is that, for a mob without regen?

Sorry but I have to respond to biased posts...

You do know that even a prot young has so much regen that 33% of the dmg from the baringer is shot in regen only :p how eco is that, for a mob without regen?

And the ML-35 will be better why? If you aren't maxed on a non-SIB weapon you will miss more often, get lower average damage, less criticals, etc. I hit a lot of criticals with the SR51, my average damage is on the higher end of the spectrum, and I almost never miss. I've owned an ML-35, several times, and I can tell you that without near max skills (at minimum), its a waste of time.

I still maintain that efficiency and economy will be best with the SIB. Besides the difference in cost of the SR51 and the ML-35 is astronomical. For the price, the SR51 wins (until you get at LEAST level 80).

Its been proven that some of the HP regen is compensated for in loot, while MA have stated that the single MOST IMPORTANT thing is to be MAXXED on your weapon.

Whos biased, really?

Well, don't wanna hijkack your sales thread. So I don't post a link..
But... The best tagger is a tagger which does some harm in an eco way.
I'd say... an iFF8k!

The problem is that it will keep on dropping when MA fix the instances on RT. So i will not buy any before i know more.

NOt sure how 'often' it will drop after instance fix, after i looted my sr60, loot has been drastically nerfed, havent got any baringer from over 10-20 instances after that, heard same results from others too

Well, don't wanna hijkack your sales thread. So I don't post a link..
But... The best tagger is a tagger which does some harm in an eco way.
I'd say... an iFF8k!

funny you mention the iFF8k, since a Tier 3 Baringer SR51 + dante have better dps + significally better eco than a iFF8k + a106 used at lvl 60.

Why dont you compare guns with the same tiers? People may ask me.

Answer is simple, the guns i compared with are priced higher by the market, and i want to put light on that irregularity, pointing out that if iFF8k is supposed to be 10k, the Baringer should be valued in relation to its use compared to those guns.

funny you mention the iFF8k, since a Tier 3 Baringer SR51 + dante have better dps + significally better eco than a iFF8k + a106 used at lvl 60.

Answer is simple, the guns i compared with are priced higher by the market, and i want to put light on that irregularity, pointing out that if iFF8k is supposed to be 10k, the Baringer should be valued in relation to its use compared to those guns.

Sadly or the other way round old school guns valued against their newer counter parts which are considerably cheaper.

I doubt you'll convince many people that buying a gun for 10k is a good idea when many more are likely to drop and with more appearing from other planets yet to be released e.g. Toulan. In all fairness prices are likely to fall further, hence why more people are selling rather than buying any equipment.

Sadly or the other way round old school guns valued against their newer counter parts which are considerably cheaper.

I doubt you'll convince many people that buying a gun for 10k is a good idea when many more are likely to drop and with more appearing from other planets yet to be released e.g. Toulan. In all fairness prices are likely to fall further, hence why more people are selling rather than buying any equipment.

Please dont read my post as "SR51 should be 10k" however a pleasant thought id say your right to some extent. Only question is at what price level should the top old gun meet the top new gun? is it 4k,6k or even 7k?

This may not be a pricecheck thread in it basic nature, more of a price discussion thread.

And since guns usually gets priced in relation to other weapon with similar stats or potential, this is the goal of this thread.

And regarding droprate, dont use the potential rise in overall droprate of the baringers as an argument since it would be like pricing the iFF8k according to how many FireForge 4400 there are ingame, same name but different stats.

To be fair you need to compare BLP with BLP, or laser with laser. You should also for the sake of transparancy compare tier for tier. If your going to put a dmg enhancer on your tagger, you wont care if its not a Baringer you'll still do it. The IFF8k would still be the choice weapon for laser users but vice versa for BLP users.

I think the SR51's are awesome. Coupled with an Assasin, you've got a setup that BLP grinders will cream their pants over. Add an adj fap to that mix and you've got the holy trinity for noob BLP skillers.

As for current MU, I think the 51 will go up in value. So selling it now is possibly not the right thing to do.

And since guns usually gets priced in relation to other weapon with similar stats or potential, this is the goal of this thread.

It's not possible to price an item according to stats alone. Well you could but it would be seriously flawed. Ignoring drop rate and wider game issues is just burying your head in the sand.

In the past items did get priced according to similar stats however the game is changing. To exactly what it is changing to we don't know for sure. However, the rise of low TT L guns with good dmg/pec seems to indicate a lower cost to play model is being adopted. In this lower cost to play model the price of old and new unlimited gear may also be designed by MindArk to be lower than in the past. Yes' it's speculation but I'm just saying what others perhaps fear to say. I'm sure many have these worries.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back