Question: PCF and Ingame auction?

Status

Pauhe Gunor

Stalker
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Pauhe Cybertrash Gunor
I started this Thread as i could not post in the other thread as it had been locked.

So here it goes...

Serica said:
Yesterday, I closed a buying thread by Xing Nu, where the items were stated to be on the ingame auction as an order.

Today, a new buying thread was created by Xing Nu for the Storm Coat, and the ingame auction still shows an order for the same item.

As that order was placed before the first thread was closed, just before the first post in that thread was last edited, and the order is for the same price and period of time as stated in the first thread, I found it unlikely that the order had been placed by anyone other than Xing Nu.

I therefore closed the new buying thread, and sent Xing Nu a pm to remind about the forum rules.

As Xing Nu now says that that auction order is just some amazing coincidence, I'll reinstate the buying thread.

Last edited by Serica; Today at 02:50.

Just for clarification purposes for any future problems that might occur, My question is could you please explain in detail what forum rule was broken in Xing's thread?

I have read through the Trade forum rules 5.0 through to 5.8 and cant see what rule covers this action, i may have overlooked one of the forum rules, if so could you please point it out to me?

Regards

There is no need for clarification, as Serica already said the thread was closed for breaking rule 5.1:

5.1 - Auction Competition
If an item is listed in the Entropia Universe auction system, you are NOT permitted to post a sales thread for the same item on PlanetCalypsoForum.

Listed = For sale, or as an order (which Serica also commented to clarify).

Very simple, some1 interprets the rules to their will.

5.1 - Auction Competition
If an item is listed in the Entropia Universe auction system, you are NOT permitted to post a sales thread for the same item on PlanetCalypsoForum. The purpose of the PlanetCalypsoForum Trading section is to facilitate deals not easily accomplished using the existing mechanisms available within Entropia Universe. The PlanetCalypsoForum Trading section is NOT provided as a means to circumvent the fees associated with the Entropia Universe auction, nor to compete with the Entropia Universe auction in any way. Any post in violation of this provision may be deleted without notice.

and I believe (BOLD part) that leads to confusion. Had a similar issue when a buy order for steel blue paint was posted, question is if acquiring steel blue is easy? I was happy because I don't check auction orders and was able to sell my paint.

Anyways PCF mod seems against facilitating deals through forum.

There is no need for clarification, as Serica already said the thread was closed for breaking rule 5.1:

Listed = For sale, or as an order (which Serica also commented to clarify).

I read rule 5.1 and as it clearly states an Item listed or for sale, there was no item placed that is why i was asking for clarification. as there is no rule stated for buying.

It must breaking forum rules if someone wants to buy multiple items of X on forum and in-game.

The rules of the trading forum apply equally to both selling and buying threads.

Consequently, just as members may not post selling threads for items they have listed on the ingame auction, they cannot post buying threads promoting their ingame orders either.

As one member commented:
if this is now allowed, please tell me. So I can also promote all my ingame auctions buys and orders!

And how many such threads has the forum had be4 you started closing them? Can't recall a spamfest....

and please ask 711 to update rules to be more explicit, to avoid future confusion.

Not allowing someone to post that they are buying something while having an auction order up at the same time is a pretty absurd and heavy handed approach to the rules.

Hell if we are going that far, might as well lock any thread selling or buying something that has been sold X number of times in the past month on auction because obviously the trading of that item and be easily accomplished through existing mechanisms available within Entropia Universe :wise:

Come on Serica, no half measures if we are going this far ;)

I'd also recommend that members read the 'IMPORTANT CAVEATS AND NOTES' section at the bottom of the Forum Rules Page.

Status
Back