PvP Gentlemen Rules of Conduct

Society
Death Unlimited
Johan Roadkill Deadmeat
I believe even outlawed zones should have some kind of code of honor, thought I'd share mine.

Battle and engagement.
1. If your opponent gets engaged by a mob and decides to kill said mob he will be given enough time to; kill the mob, heal and equip the right equipment

2. If a duel is desired and agreed upon then other members must stand down. However that also means the uninvolved party must not be harmed once duel is finished.

Tip: also while locked in fierce battle it is very poor manners to laugh at a dying opponent and threaten of KoS, this only makes you look like an idiot. Also should two "superior" opponents fight each other then it is highly disturbing if lesser skilled try to aid their friend... He is a big boy and can handle himself. Of course this mostly apply in duels as it is always okey to help a friend in real battle.

3. YOU SHALL NOT FLAME AVATARS OR VEHICLES if you can not defeat your opponent. This is not a winning tactic, it's is not an honorable one. It's sole purpose is to simple decay someone enough that they lose their spirits and will to keep playing. You ruin someone's experience and that's all you do

4. hiding.. If you brag about being good you better not hide 140m away with an ML or launcher just to keep me away.

Behavior.

1. Rember even in the world war there was a time when enemy and foe drank and sang together so when the fighting stops be friends KoSing is for spiteful w@nkers

2. Bug abuse. Knowingly exploiting bugs to gain advantage is unacceptable! If someone is bugged however let them kindly know and ask them politely to relogg. (Screaming support for every little thing like some soc is known for also makes you look like and epic soggwad)

However If someone is using a bug that does not give advantage nor interfer then why bother report them? Is all you care about to get rid of everyone in you vicinity?

Anyway that's few of my basic ideas of how to act like a gentleman in pvp.. I don't expect anyone to follow my example but I think if just a few did we'd get along splendidly

Also!! If you ever need an extra gun I'll be there! I'll take down and brave in my way!... Unless they have mod fap I'm to cheap to buy a bigger gun

A different perspective

I also find flaming very annoying and rude. I am appalled when I see people repair and then flame a vehicle or afk avatar over and over. But I also understand its use as a tactic. When faced with an opponent with superior armor, it is a way to get them to remove the armor and even out the playing field. For many people, PVP is not just about the skill of dueling, reaction times, gear and avatar skills, it is also about strategy and tactics.

I also find flaming very annoying and rude. I am appalled when I see people repair and then flame a vehicle or afk avatar over and over. But I also understand its use as a tactic. When faced with an opponent with superior armor, it is a way to get them to remove the armor and even out the playing field. For many people, PVP is not just about the skill of dueling, reaction times, gear and avatar skills, it is also about strategy and tactics.

You might aswell call server crashes and bug abuse tactic aswell but I'll never use it... I'll fight foudil and snow with their mod faps face to face and they can jump around like bunnies and heal all they want at least when I'm out of ammo and die I will have pushed a giant!

So I was there at rig randomly killing people .. Except for kalab he flamed me so I've considered him the lost cause side of humanity along with jersey shore and terrorists.

When all hell breaks loose as first tisa shows up (killing us while we are clearing a mob, poor manners) oh well no biggie and then ck shows up finally some action!

Tps down there armor on locked and loaded aaand it's snow with a flamer... Total complete will to keep playing dead.

So I stood at revive for I bet 1 hour just thinking about the whole "instead of fighting I want to ruin their time tactic"

One solution I saw was to ban flames from pvp but then people will complain about mob trains

(Tbh I don't care about mobtrains they are easy to clear with vehicles or just escape to a safe distance without ever getting decay or you kill them and global)

Mob trains has always been there.. I have no allies so very few times I'm on the receiving end of one and mostly I just stand there watch them happen.

So flames vs mob trains?

Are mobtrains meant to destroy people's fun? I'd say no... Or they woulda brought 10000 merps instead of other mobs... You kill them, you global(happened to me a lot ) people jump in hide amongst the mobs grab oil and die.
A diversion IMO ... Not my style I like to fight even hopeless battles (too bad all some can do is jump around and heal untill my ammo is out)

Anyway I finally reached a solution!!!

I will abide by my own rules untill such time I'm met with flamers at which point I will simply gather as many mobs as I am able and share my troubled soul as we die together.

Now the plongu spawn hosts many fun things such as medium spiders (a favorite in all times) and also a few slayer plongus, you should avoid Trox stalkers as they run faster then the spiders and plongus which upsets the balance.

Further down we have big ambus.. Hit quite hard, regens and decent aggro

And if you wanna show of you have proterons,caperon stalkers, mulcibers and big Argos in plentiful amounts!

It's a very unpoetic way of solving things but I've given my word to some allready; fight me like a man and you'll never ever see me with a herd of goodies

Isn't it just simpler to have no rules, no etiquette, then everyone knows exactly what they are in for if they venture into it.

Isn't it just simpler to have no rules, no etiquette, then everyone knows exactly what they are in for if they venture into it.

Oh I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few you'll find with any kind of guidelines don't you worry ;)

Nevertheless I'll stick to my romantic fantasy world of grand battles

The truth of war is written by the victor. It is a tactic in certain situations to try and starve your enemy, make them loose their will to fight. So I could see why people who do not stand a chance of winning in direct combat would resort to flamming. At least at the rig where their is something to gain, outside the rig or pvp4 it's pointless and stupid. It's not a tactic I would use, but some people seem to think that they need to find a way to win, even when they can't fight "toe to toe".
But I wonder about your code of honour in combat. Would you face an enemy on even terms in a duel? Would you match weapon for weapon, armour for armour, HP for HP?

The truth of war is written by the victor. It is a tactic in certain situations to try and starve your enemy, make them loose their will to fight. So I could see why people who do not stand a chance of winning in direct combat would resort to flamming. At least at the rig where their is something to gain, outside the rig or pvp4 it's pointless and stupid. It's not a tactic I would use, but some people seem to think that they need to find a way to win, even when they can't fight "toe to toe".
But I wonder about your code of honour in combat. Would you face an enemy on even terms in a duel? Would you match weapon for weapon, armour for armour, HP for HP?

While dueling I mostly do so naked and ill die in 1-2 shots but that doesn't matter mostly since Hermes won't help anyone if they can't aim ;)

I do have serious problems now that you can not teleport closer then 140 meters ish from the rig with people instantly shooting you with MLs or just ground bombs with big launchers but they are just afraid.

I mean what if I had that much hp, eon and a mod fap? It would be boring fighting small fry people then :/

i publically tried to run a space pirate soc with a code.

obviously the community did their utmost work to abuse our code into their favor.
they didn't care about us being gentlemen pirates, allowing people to retain their fun in space.
i know not all players are like this, but the ones who are ruined it for the rest imo.

therefore we as NV decided to screw the code and spread terror across space.
i suggest you do the same.

i publically tried to run a space pirate soc with a code.

obviously the community did their utmost work to abuse our code into their favor.
they didn't care about us being gentlemen pirates, allowing people to retain their fun in space.
i know not all players are like this, but the ones who are ruined it for the rest imo.

therefore we as NV decided to screw the code and spread terror across space.
i suggest you do the same.

At least you tried, thats the main thing :)

Back