Too many changes (IMO)

seen much activity on those last year or more? =)
You can't think of any other way to encourage hunting them then by changing them?

P.S. just by pure coincidence both of those are located in the same tax region, you know, I'm not saying anything but... :whistle:

Allos/maffs/etc plenty of NON taxed herds. So I see what you're implying, but I disagree.

seen much activity on those last year or more? =)

P.S. just by pure coincidence both of those are located in the same tax region, you know, I'm not saying anything but... :whistle:

please, do carry on :beerchug:

J.

If they didn't fuck with the droprate & mobs that dropped martial parts I would've kept hunting segs.
But paying 4% tax for 99% tt food loot doesn't work.
That was the 1st devaluation for my salamander set.
Now making them easier is part 2.
Can't wait for part 3...

Bumped into this thread again & somehow feel that it still speaks volumes now after a few months gone. More and more changes keep happening at a fast pace, for MA to try overhaul the entire system. People, get ready for many more changes in 2013! Hopefully they don't frighten ppl away.

~Mark~

EU is trying to evolve so it can compete with all the Free 2 Play but Pay for Content games out there. They're trying to lower the cost to play which naturally would lower the reward.... BUT... they're trying to keep the rewards worth-while. Pretty much the super uber handful of players will always make money off the game and have gear worth signifigant U.S. dollars (Even if it's worth no-where close to what it was worth 4 years ago). Everyone else from mid-level down to noob will have (EVENTUALLY) a lower cost to play per hour but it will come with a heavy price.... No way in hell at reaching the upper echelon without depositing and "Paying To Win".

At the moment EU is in a major transition period. It's been in transition for a year already and will continue for another year. When the dust settles your $200 deposits will last several weeks, if not months. But your rewards will be minimal from the major professions. That being said... you will be able to buy "shares" (CLD's) in various things and that will basically be your real money makers for the lesser skilled who don't want to depo $250k U.S. for gear and a LA to pay their hunting costs while they seek out their uber loots.

The entire game will be a flood of (L) items eventually as stuff gets TT'd and lost to inactive accounts.

Will YOU survive the evolution? Because if everyone dies off the game will die with it. Without people being willing to deposit and lose real money EU is dead. ATM there are far fewer players willing to lose real money for the entertainment value that EU offers.

Menace

ATM there are far fewer players willing to lose real money for the entertainment value that EU offers.

Menace

shouldn't cld income collapse if this is the case? or is there a new playerbase who clicked all the ads and starting to deposit balancing the game?
ubers leaving= less profit to players = more income to mindark = better lootpool because of newbies who aren't skilled filling it with piew piew azuro/opalo ped?

well the game dynamics is what makes the game challenging. At a point in time activity A might be profitable when they change stuff activity B will start to make profit. Players who can adjust to these changes will make peds, while those who just repeat what they have been doing will lose.

shouldn't cld income collapse if this is the case? or is there a new playerbase who clicked all the ads and starting to deposit balancing the game?
ubers leaving= less profit to players = more income to mindark = better lootpool because of newbies who aren't skilled filling it with piew piew azuro/opalo ped?

Well there's a couple of things you have to consider....

1.) MM. I don't dabble in CLD's but how much higher than avg was CLD return during one of the biggest events of the year? My guess is..... "Not as high as it COULD have been".

2.) The influx of lower TT (L) gear means lesser skilled are in fact depositing more to use bigger weapons which are no longer requiring $50 U.S. deposit just to buy a gun and a couple hundred PEDs of ammo. (Taking a nickel from 10000 is better than taking a dollar from 10.)

3.) This last batch of "Nerfs" is too recent to expect a crash in the CLD returns as many are liquidating gear/skills and cycling them away. So instead of having PEDs tied up in their avatars those PEDs are now being dumped into the economy. "No point in doing XYZ so I'll just burn what I got and take a break...." type of thing happening.

In fact... in all actuality.... I don't expect CLD revenues to drop. I expect them to stay the same as the game will see ALOT more small deposits by lesser skilled. Where you're going to see the economy crash is on the upper mid-level to lower high-level gear. The players with 250k skill who might be looking for that Adj fap, or Tiger Armor are too afraid to deposit to buy it at the MU's we've come to accept over the past years. The game is indeed moving in a direction where the costs will be able to compete with many of the other games out there. The players that will feel the "sting" over the next year will be the mid level players who WERE the depositing force for the last 8 years. The "super ubers" will get bit as well but not nearly as bad because Mod Faps, Shadow, Supremacy, Mod Mercs will always be super rare so will still have a healthy MU. (Even though they've gone down considerably as well..... ) MOST of the old school "Ubers" could afford to lose 50% on their super uber gear and still end up in a "Break even over the long-term" situation. Some could TT thier super uber gear and still be in the profit even.

Menace

Well there's a couple of things you have to consider....

1.) MM. I don't dabble in CLD's but how much higher than avg was CLD return during one of the biggest events of the year? My guess is..... "Not as high as it COULD have been".

2.) The influx of lower TT (L) gear means lesser skilled are in fact depositing more to use bigger weapons which are no longer requiring $50 U.S. deposit just to buy a gun and a couple hundred PEDs of ammo. (Taking a nickel from 10000 is better than taking a dollar from 10.)

3.) This last batch of "Nerfs" is too recent to expect a crash in the CLD returns as many are liquidating gear/skills and cycling them away. So instead of having PEDs tied up in their avatars those PEDs are now being dumped into the economy. "No point in doing XYZ so I'll just burn what I got and take a break...." type of thing happening.

In fact... in all actuality.... I don't expect CLD revenues to drop. I expect them to stay the same as the game will see ALOT more small deposits by lesser skilled. Where you're going to see the economy crash is on the upper mid-level to lower high-level gear. The players with 250k skill who might be looking for that Adj fap, or Tiger Armor are too afraid to deposit to buy it at the MU's we've come to accept over the past years. The game is indeed moving in a direction where the costs will be able to compete with many of the other games out there. The players that will feel the "sting" over the next year will be the mid level players who WERE the depositing force for the last 8 years. The "super ubers" will get bit as well but not nearly as bad because Mod Faps, Shadow, Supremacy, Mod Mercs will always be super rare so will still have a healthy MU. (Even though they've gone down considerably as well..... ) MOST of the old school "Ubers" could afford to lose 50% on their super uber gear and still end up in a "Break even over the long-term" situation. Some could TT thier super uber gear and still be in the profit even.

Menace

You and I are in complete agreement.

The issue here is that some of the newer uber types who overspent are going to be very upset, and will likely lash out against the product. Nevermind that the developers never actually charged $10000 USD for most of these items, the players did. These people will still blame the developer because they feel it is MA's obligation to babysit them through their shitty investment practices.

John,

Ditto to the max. :eyecrazy:

I wonder how many ppl being here more than few yers would take chnge game back to lets say vu 8.4 ?

Game is evolving , truth, but we geting more and more fireworks for a cost of fun we had some time ago. All that reminds me about other MMO out there wchich developers after survey among comunity make its mechanics work like in previous game of that series back from 2002. And gues what....ppl liked it and developers reached their target ( more subscribents ). New ones said its cooler than it was before and lot of oldschool veterans are back again.

But that was made by profesionals, i doubt same can be said about MA ( sadly )

I wonder how many ppl being here more than few yers would take chnge game back to lets say vu 8.4 ?

Game is evolving , truth, but we geting more and more fireworks for a cost of fun we had some time ago. All that reminds me about other MMO out there wchich developers after survey among comunity make its mechanics work like in previous game of that series back from 2002. And gues what....ppl liked it and developers reached their target ( more subscribents ). New ones said its cooler than it was before and lot of oldschool veterans are back again.

But that was made by profesionals, i doubt same can be said about MA ( sadly )

Hi shoti, does the game in question have a RCA? do users have to pay a monthly subscription?

regards, Mike Jones

Hi shoti, does the game in question have a RCA? do users have to pay a monthly subscription?

regards, Mike Jones

It's free to play mixed with payment for additional gear ( but no pay 2 win model - all is well balanced however not so many to balance there as in EU ). That ancestor from 2002 year was sold in boxes in shop.

Lately devs of that game made again all in all bundle pack aviable to be bought in box + steam.
They also reduced prices on everything by 1/2

That game is booming now looking at No of active users on servers and no need additional subscribsion fee or monthly fees.

We've certainly seen the calls for the reduction in the number of stackables in EU.

Lets face it, everytime new craftable items are added a new load of stackables come along as well usually to the expense of the previous additions.

And some of the improvements in EU were actually bodges to fix other issues - mining claims automatically appearing instead of spending a few minutes looking for them like we used to was to fix where two people would get the same claim on the then CND. Now you can carpet bomb an area and then go back where as before you had to look for each claim and quite often fight off mobs to get to it.

Last edited:
True, but you could have written the same post five years ago. EU is still here ;)

I did it ( like i always say MA is only good on the graphics and nerfs ).I do not understand what they're doing because the game has a great pontencial,sometimes I wonder why they are so rigid.

MA also makes the intrusion of the game, the surface of our game plan is less now then VU 10.0 all the exciting places are gone even our avatarers movement is less (we can not sit, lie or talk), the old music that makes the environment is gone also most cities are gone and that I mention are just a small part of all that they have removed.

We dont even have a story-line this days.

And the support're not even worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Just saw this thread for the first time, and it echoes my thoughts exactly. In fact i expressed that very thought the other day in a conversation about recent changes. Things like showing the actual protection of armor at less than full tt is part of normal development (remember when we couldn't even see profession levels? We had figured out much about them when MA added the new skill panels). Although these improvements in information presentation take away some of the mystique of the game, they are only confirming previously ascertained "laws" of game mechanics. In a sense, EU is finally at a sufficiently user-friendly state to be out of beta.

However, at the same time in many aspects the universe has become too dynamic (or chaotic/anarchic might be a better word) to enjoy. Unlearning something that seemed to be a basic law, and all the intuitions that go with it, is not easy nor fun.

Things like showing the actual protection of armor at less than full tt

Completely agree, changes like this simply add to and expand (or confirm or compliment) our understanding of ingame mechanics.

But those changes that alter those mechanics... Those are the ones I (and clearly you and others) worry about.

Completely agree, changes like this simply add to and expand (or confirm or compliment) our understanding of ingame mechanics.

But those changes that alter those mechanics... Those are the ones I (and clearly you and others) worry about.

This is probably a good change for the most part* in that it simplifies the game, but for one who already learned the older, more complicated "rules", it is nevertheless an example of how it can be harder for someone to learn the system when they are changing the "rules" rather than introducing new rules. In this case, i would have never assumed that the mat refiner and mineral refiner were separate if i hadn't already learned that.

*Although one could argue that it removes some of the learnable complexities, quirkiness and personality that made PE what it was.

Returning after a few years away I feel very much as if I have rejoined a 'game' with a new set of rules which I have to learn (and at the moment am learning rather slowly). I think, however, many of the new changes that I see in game are those that we asked for in the early days. They (I still think of they as MA) have responded to our requests and the new game seems to have many of the features that we asked for.

Back